What technology are you stuck on???

The only thing would be video game consoles and cartridges. I tend to prefer 2D games to 3D... but I'm not stuck on any of it and play modern games as well. But I avoid disc based media whenever possible music/games/video.

I still have a laptop that has windows XP and another one with 7. I use both for work. XP for old software and databases and 7 for regular tasks.
10 is just so bad. I have it on a PC and on my wife's computer and it's abysmal. I will cling on to my old OS until they literally die; I hope they will resist until the time 11 is out with a few patches.

There is not gonna be a Windows 11.

6df0113b1edc081bf7bd3a99b4f85a6c.jpg

DVDs

I love collecting DVDs and blu-rays of movies I like. Streaming is nice but there's something satisfying about owning a physical copy of something.
20 years from now you'll need a $1,000 DVD player to use them. LOL

CDs, of course.

Internal Combustion Engines. I know it's killing the planet but there's nothing like the sound of dinosaur juice being squished and burned in a big V8.

Keyboard and mouse input. I can't text with my sausage fingers and the lack of tactile input bothers me. Don't even get me started on voice assistants.

I miss the actual push buttons on phones...touch screen sucks in my opinion.

DVDs, I will copy the shit out of them

I only gave up ipods about 1.5 years ago and use my phone instead...

I liked having iPods and just having designated things for one activity. Who wants to have one device do everything????? Not me!

No one cares what you're listening to unless it's ISIS terrorist propaganda you guys are paranoid .

I'm not paranoid they are listening to everything. I just don't know why...

That's funny that people think that's a new thing. My 82 coup de ville does that which makes sense with a V8, but if they're doing it in a 4 banger it isn't saving gas.

I know dog shit about cars hahaha

I spend my weekends spinning my own textiles to avoid looking like any of you peasants
View attachment 708145

Can you make me a hat????

That is a good one. Honestly I don't like that habit so leaving a book in the bathroom might be a good one.

LOL. this triggered an old memory of mine. 13 years ago I was working in a really strange office. A lot of things that should not happen used to happen there.
There was this guy from IT, our programmer, Sergio, he was 42 or so. Typical fat dude, family guy, kind of nerd but an awesome human beign all around.
Once a day he would come out of his office with this HUGE Java Programming book (it was a really huge), give us a funny look and go straight to the bathroom. He would stay there for a while. LMAO

His name???? Steven Jobs!
Do board games count?

They 100% count! Monopoly crew forever.

Windows 95 cuz Y2K can't happen in 1995.

I still like getting DVDs and blank CDs and
burning music on them. But one these days
I want to get a record player and recordable
Mini-DIsc player and rid of my CDs.

Nope. Whatever the new tech is, I'll buy it. As long as it's cheap.

I'm also into compact discs. It's actually hard to find a new 5 disc CD player now.

Cable TV. I know it's stupidly expensive. I RARELY ever even have the TV on that isn't something streaming and I only watch a few shows from TV a few times of month.

But for some stupid reason I keep it :( - I think my biggest issue is sports games when it comes to the playoffs and certain select games I want to watch. Other than that I don't really need it.

What’s fucked up is you can buy an NBA/NFL/MLB seasonal pass and you still don’t get all the games because many are blocked out.

I’ve heard there’s a website or two with every game and fight there is in good quality and completely free.
<BC1>

Ok it's not tech but I'd like to see the return
of video rental stores. I'd go to them more often.

Books.

I have thousands of books and a Kindle. I have no idea what the password is for the Kindle , I no longer even have an Amazon account. I love trawling through charity shops and going out with books. On the downside they are very space consuming compared to a Kindle.

Disc blu ray 4k and videogames. Fuck buying digital, one can dl that shit.

I like to listen to a nice cylinder on my gramaphone.

I had to bust out my CDs recently because I can't get my new phone to connect via bluetooth to my car. They all skip and are a pain to take in and out and organize. People that remember the cd era fondly are looking through rose colored glasses. They suck. Good riddance.

Chevy ?

I'm usually what's known as an "early adopter" so I don't have a lot of old tech, but I have hung onto my old MX-600 Universal Remotes. Nothing that has come out since can hold a candle to them and their superior "no look" button placement. I even bought a couple of used ones on ebay to keep the MX-600 Train a rollin'. :cool:

MX600.jpg

DVD's, I have thousands of them including unopened UFC sets.

Velcro shoes.

Saves so much time. They are gonna make a comeback.

Think about it.

It saves you probably 3 seconds per shoe. 6 seconds per pair. If you put your shoes on 3 times a day that is like 18 seconds. Probably closer to 20 seconds because you are always moving slow in the mornings. 20 seconds per day. That's like 350000 seconds in the course of 50 years. That's like 100 hours in a lifetime. Imagine at the end of your life someone said you could have 4 extra days. Would you take them?

Of course you would. Go get some velcro shoes.

Back