What technology are you stuck on???

- I use a 15.6" Acer Google Chromebook instead of a tablet or phone for all my online stuff.
- I have a brand new Amazon Fire HD10 but the only thing that I use it for is reading Kindle books.
- And I have a nice LG android phone but I never use it for anything other than making calls & sending the occasional text. Oh & taking photos.
- I used to have a large collection of about 300, maybe 350 DVDs but other than about 20 of them that are rare & OOP, I
gave them all to my daughter when I moved this past summer.
- Now I only collect movies on Blu-ray & 4K UHD discs.
- I couldn't live without my 65" LG OLED 4K TV & 4K Blu-ray player that I got in August. It was my best purchase in ages.
- I love Direct TV satellite TV. I've given some thought to cutting the cord but my wife & I watch an eclectic assortment of
shows that we like to DVR a lot of the times so we're keeping Direct TV. Also, I needed it to get the NFL Sunday ticket in order to watch my Buffalo Bills games out of market.
- Although my TV streams Netflix, Amazon Prime & Hulu just fine ( including in 4K ) for some reason both ESPN + &
DAZN operate better & have better HD pictures when accessed through my 4K Amazon Firestick.

i finally upgraded my home computer this weekend....the home computer was 8 years old, so i suppose i was stuck on it since i had all the components to build it about 3 weeks ago, and finally got around to putting it all together this past weekend.

I refuse to give up on my 4k tv and purchase an 8k....i just can't do it, I refuse!

giphy.gif

I still have the older original 1980 model that my parents gave me.

i masturbate to pictures these days the vast majority of the time if that counts

Still use the last generation of the Zune music player (2009)

Most people use there phones for music at the gym but I don't want to be one of those people on there freaking phone at the gym (hate people checking social media/news while working out, it's like damn you coming here to get away from that BS and focus on yourself and your health)

s-l300.jpg

The latest gaming laptops, particularly those on Max-Q NVIDIA GPUs, don't run that hot, and aren't at all trash.

It is obnoxious how limited the selection of prebuilt PCs are at stores, but you can still find a few at Best Buys, depending on the location. I think that's a result of self-building taking over the desktop market. Even on Amazon the bestseller charts are dominated by refurbs of old office builds; followed by cheap prebuilt gaming PCs by companies like CyberpowerPC and iBuyPower.
I've seen a decent amount of CyberpowerPC and IBuyPower either downright not work out of the box or have components not plugged it correctly or at all. I have a feeling quality control isn't great with both companies. I personally build all my computers but I can see how tempting it is for someone to buy a prebuilt gaming PC.

As per what I am currently stuck on and this will probably be the case for the rest of my life: VINYL!. My father gave me his record collection back around 2011 and I've become addicted. I'm glad it has made a comeback too because I have some really beautiful looking records in my collection

Still use the last generation of the Zune music player (2009)

Most people use there phones for music at the gym but I don't want to be one of those people on there freaking phone at the gym (hate people checking social media/news while working out, it's like damn you coming here to get away from that BS and focus on yourself and your health)

s-l300.jpg
I remember the Zune. I was debating whether or not to get the Zune or the Toshiba Gigabeat. Ended up getting the Gigabeat cause it got better reviews. Should have got the Zune because the Gigabeat had a known flaw that it would erase all your files and reset itself randomly. Happened on 4 occasions and the folks at Toshiba refused to replace the device. Released a "patch" that was supposed to fix the issue but it didn't then they stopped making them and dropped support. Glad your Zune is still kicking

Window XP. Still rocking it on my PC. I hate the new operating systems.

Analogue watches are cool too.

Last edited:
I HATE that the new Apple TVs don't have any Digital Optical Outputs for audio.... I refuse to give up my old Sony ES Receiver. ;)

Last edited:
I refuse to give up my CD's even though the majority of music media is on streaming platforms. I have those services but still buy CD's. It got me thinking Sherbros...what technology are you stuck on? I grew up with CD's and they have a lot of nostalgic value for me. I love everything about buying a CD, from the search, the artwork, to reading the booklet. Streaming platforms have completely cheapened the musical experience in my opinion. Do you guys have any technology that you refuse to give up???

Well said good sir, feel exactly the same. Have stopped buying CDs but more so cos 80% of what I like it digital only. Got one blasting in the car every drive.

My current 2 year old phone still has LCD screen, I intentionally avoided OLED screen in fear of burn-in. But I am ready to move on for my next purchase.

I still use physical media for my movie collection, blu ray. Not a big fan of streaming because the audios on the streaming options tend to be lackluster and won't take advantage of my speaker setup.

Window XP. Still rocking it on my PC. I hate the new operating systems.

Analogue watches are cool too.

Holy crap dude. I liked XP like 15 years ago, but the new OS' are fine man.

Film... I've owned pro-grade DSLR cameras and still do, but I find myself shooting more and more film. I just can't get past the artificial and non-archival nature of digital photography.

You can print pictures yourself.

I've seen a decent amount of CyberpowerPC and IBuyPower either downright not work out of the box or have components not plugged it correctly or at all. I have a feeling quality control isn't great with both companies. I personally build all my computers but I can see how tempting it is for someone to buy a prebuilt gaming PC.
That happens with every company. Their customer satisfaction scores are on par with the most expensive prebuilts like those from Alienware and others, or for that matter, with the laptop world. There are advantages and disadvantages to both building and buying.

Obviously those companies don't offer top tier build quality in any of their prebuilts sold at places like Amazon or Wal-Mart. For that you have to go to their website, or better yet customize selection of the parts yourself for them to build, but their prices are only competitive with the self-builder market that way for a tiny few parts at any given time, and never the best parts. But that's true of any company. If you're trying to build a high-end gaming PC with the top build quality there's really no reasonable alternative to self-building because the mark-ups are Apple-esque.

My car is 14 years old and has a cable in the glove compartment with an apple 30-pin connector. I used to have a 20Gb iPod connected to it before it got kicked. Now i have the following connectors daisy chained on it:

- 12v to 5v transformer
- 30pin to lightning adapter
- lightning female to male cable extender

So now I can listen to a digital radio player on my work phone in the car, while I’m also charging it. Miracle the bloody thing even works.

Last edited:
Well said good sir, feel exactly the same. Have stopped buying CDs but more so cos 80% of what I like it digital only. Got one blasting in the car every drive.

Every once in a while I go to my CD store and buy 3-4 CDs because there is nothing like the feeling of opening a new CD. It's an experience these instant gratification kids will never get.

Recording gym goals and ideas or plans;
Always pen and paper.
I prefer books verses reading stuff on screens; ie iPad or phone.

Generally I'm a luddite, don't use social media, don't text or use the net on my phone, still buy CD's(although do use Youtube for casual listening and checking out new stuff) and Blurays/UHD.

Generally I'm of the opinion though that a lot of "advancements" over the last decade have actually been dumbing things down for the mass market, a good block PC with a mouse and widows based programs offer more control/speed/accuracy.

Having the net as something I only use on a PC as well seems like a decent break to stop it taking over, can't stand going out with people who are playing with there phones all the time rather than interacting with you.

Back