What technology are you stuck on???

laptop.

i want foldable phones to become a thing so i can carry all my tech gear i need in my pocket

a foldable phone could then become my one piece of tech. phone, laptop, camera all in one device that fits in my pocket.

I still buY cd's, dvd's and blu rays regularly, more than I should
I also but VHS/vinyl and cassettes if I see a really cool cover.
Big box VHS make for great display art on my movie shelves

I used to ditch my dvd's once I upgraded them, but if I like a cover I'll keep it. I also buy German/French/Italian/Spanish versions of some movies if the covers are cool.

I only have a few hundred vinyl left, I sold thousands back in the early 2000's. CD's I have no idea how many, maybe 5 or 6 hundred

Movies... jeeez, if I had to guess I have around 3500 in various formats, maybe more. I cull them every now and then, but I always add more. I buy a lot of shit

I prefer a desktop to a phone/tablet/laptop, though I do have those as well. All the important shit gets done on the PC, laptops are OK for travelling

I still use an MP3 player (4 of them), I'm not using my phone for music or watching stuff

I stay old school when I cook too, I rarely use any kind of jarred sauce or ingredient and I never microwave, don't own one, never ever needed one.
Never do box or ready meals, everything has to be cooked fresh. I'm more than happy spending a few hours cooking something that you could buy and microwave in a few minutes.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

For some reason I see this as your style.
original

Until a few weeks ago, cable. I was paying over 220 a month and realized I watched like 4 channels. Cut the cord for fiOS internet and switched my mobile carrier and saved almost 3,000 a year.

To each their own, but luddites come across as close minded sometimes. Some I talk to don't want to try anything new because they think it sucks without even trying it. I always try new tech and sometimes I love it and sometimes I don't, but I usually do like the new tech better than the old tech.

One thing recently is mirrorless cameras vs DSLR. I used to hate mirrorless when they first came out, but now they're better than DSLRs yet their are a lot of photo geeks who refuse to even use mirrorless based on their impressions 10 years ago. Another, is solid state/modeling guitar amps. Again, they used to suck balls like 10+ years ago and I hated them. But, now they're amazing and a ton of guitarists won't touch them based on their impressions from a long time ago. Come on people... try them.

Same with CD's vs music files. Yeah, mp3's suck a bit. But, now we have much bigger hard drives and FLAC type files which are higher resolution than CD's and sound better if you have the setup.

Until a few weeks ago, cable. I was paying over 220 a month and realized I watched like 4 channels. Cut the cord for fiOS internet and switched my mobile carrier and saved almost 3,000 a year.
I need to look into that, literally the only reason I have the biggest Virgin package is to watch the UFC, and I watch less and less these days.

My wife watches the lame ass Christmas 24 movies for two months a year and that's it

waste of fucking money, but I really don't want to have to go back to downloading stuff the next morning or watching weak ass streams

My thermostat

"Here! Get a brand new SMART thermostat that connects to your phone and other smartdevices, adjust the heat in your home from anywhere or change your timer so you can have the perfect temperature when you walk in the door also it connects to the utility company so we can turn your heat and air conditioning down whenever we want to doesn't that sound wonderful????"

Fuck off, AOC.

i have a pookie shell necklace that will make a comeback when bleached tips do then i will be the creepiest old man ever

I need to look into that, literally the only reason I have the biggest Virgin package is to watch the UFC, and I watch less and less these days.

My wife watches the lame ass Christmas 24 movies for two months a year and that's it

waste of fucking money, but I really don't want to have to go back to downloading stuff the next morning or watching weak ass streams

I still have ESPN + for UFC and I've been lucky with streams of PPVs not worth buying but I'll still buy good events.
Popcorn for TV shows I can't get through Hulu. It's been fine. I mostly just watch HBO, SHO and Comedy Central and I have all of those.

Things I don't want to let go of:

1) Clicky switches

These days most things want to use a touch screen, and even if they give you a key or switch, it is a mush rubber dome one with no feel and positive feedback or a key with super shallow travel. I use mechanical keyboards and even a BlackBerry for that reason. I just wish I could do something about cars.

2) automatic watch

This is something that can be done far better by electronics and by picking up a time signal over the air, but there is just something about the complexity and precision of a mechanical, automatically wound wrist watch that really appeals to me as kind of engineering artwork.

I grow my own coffea trees then I eat the cherrys then shit out the stones and then sift through the shit to get the stones and make my own coffee fuck yeah

i finally upgraded my home computer this weekend....the home computer was 8 years old, so i suppose i was stuck on it since i had all the components to build it about 3 weeks ago, and finally got around to putting it all together this past weekend.
What did you get out of interest? I need to upgrade my desktop one day soon but I might get it custom built

MP3 Players (more aptly called "Digital Audio Players" these days)

Don't like relying on my phone to play all my music for battery reasons, and the capacity is way higher on DAPs. I carry around my entire library and shit is pretty good.

I don't like ipads or iphones / any phone without a keyboard where you have to touch to type. Wtf is that garbage. I am rocking and will always rock a blackberry until they die.

Also Microsoft teams. Don't like it. Clunky.

Back