What technology are you stuck on???

I still have a laptop that has windows XP and another one with 7. I use both for work. XP for old software and databases and 7 for regular tasks.
10 is just so bad. I have it on a PC and on my wife's computer and it's abysmal. I will cling on to my old OS until they literally die; I hope they will resist until the time 11 is out with a few patches.
OS's are a good example. I completely skipped over Vista and 8.

I don't have any significant complaints about 10, though.

Desktop computers.

Phones and tablets are shit. I'll use them, but they're total bullshit. They're terrible.
Another one I agree with, but desktops certainly aren't obsolete like a lot of other examples ITT. I have never owned a tablet and I don't use my phone for anything except communication and casual browsing.

Cassette tapes. I love them, my car has a tape deck so I have my tapes in and I jam around town. Currently I am enjoying a Fine young cannibals tape.

VHS
Apple ear buds for casual listening stuff

fF8BQrI.gif

What is incredibly annoying is that you cannot buy a PC at a store anymore. You have to order it from Dell or HP or their suppliers.
In stores they'll have hundreds of trash laptops and tablets.
Even the so called "super gaming laptops"... which are expensive overheating trash.

Desktop computers.

Phones and tablets are shit. I'll use them, but they're total bullshit. They're terrible.

It is the Saab engine management system from mid - late 90s. Its the sweet spot for best performance and reliability.

I googled it after I read your post and it linked to a lemon party. Thanks I just got fired!!!!

Cable TV. I know it's stupidly expensive. I RARELY ever even have the TV on that isn't something streaming and I only watch a few shows from TV a few times of month.

But for some stupid reason I keep it :( - I think my biggest issue is sports games when it comes to the playoffs and certain select games I want to watch. Other than that I don't really need it.

I go through this with my wife as we still have cable. I like the idea of cutting cords but I have friends who pay the same when it is all said and done.

A manual coffee grinder & a mocka pot instead of having an electric coffee maker.

Honestly I don't consume much technology besides any smartphone (now I have a Galaxy J7 or something like that) and a PC where I can do my Sherdog and Youtubbing.

I don't even own a TV.

But a thing I've realized lately is that I can't go to the bathroom to make #2 without my phone. And I usually go 1 or 2 times a day (just to add to the @Red Beard and @Naught2Sixty statistics)
It seems like taking a shit and scrolling through social media are the same thing.

I think I might go back to reading a book in there.

I can't think of any old electronics that I like.

My family plays a lot of board and card games, though. Most of the things we do for fun don't involve electronics. They aren't obsolete technology, which is what it seems like this thread is about, but they're old.

Board game crew checking in!!!!

I have an 05 WRX sport wagon that I won't let go of and a '16 legacy 3.6r that only has a single disc player. I joked that in ten years the dash got less useful.

Now they shut off in traffic and restart when you let off the brake. It's super dumb the way they have designed the newer models.

slap chop by far.
9P2J.gif

You're gunna like my nuts!!!!!

I refuse to give up my CD's even though the majority of music media is on streaming platforms. I have those services but still buy CD's. It got me thinking Sherbros...what technology are you stuck on? I grew up with CD's and they have a lot of nostalgic value for me. I love everything about buying a CD, from the search, the artwork, to reading the booklet. Streaming platforms have completely cheapened the musical experience in my opinion. Do you guys have any technology that you refuse to give up???

DVDs, I will copy the shit out of them

I only gave up ipods about 1.5 years ago and use my phone instead...

This is the larger reason honestly. I like having the older things because they aren't monitored. You can't hack my CD changer but you could easily monitor what I'm listening to on my phone.

No one cares what you're listening to unless it's ISIS terrorist propaganda you guys are paranoid .

I googled it after I read your post and it linked to a lemon party. Thanks I just got fired!!!!

I go through this with my wife as we still have cable. I like the idea of cutting cords but I have friends who pay the same when it is all said and done.

Board game crew checking in!!!!

Now they shut off in traffic and restart when you let off the brake. It's super dumb the way they have designed the newer models.

You're gunna like my nuts!!!!!
That's funny that people think that's a new thing. My 82 coup de ville does that which makes sense with a V8, but if they're doing it in a 4 banger it isn't saving gas.

I spend my weekends spinning my own textiles to avoid looking like any of you peasants
james-hargreaves-spinning-jenny-Google-Search.png

What is incredibly annoying is that you cannot buy a PC at a store anymore. You have to order it from Dell or HP or their suppliers.
In stores they'll have hundreds of trash laptops and tablets.
Even the so called "super gaming laptops"... which are expensive overheating trash.
The latest gaming laptops, particularly those on Max-Q NVIDIA GPUs, don't run that hot, and aren't at all trash.

It is obnoxious how limited the selection of prebuilt PCs are at stores, but you can still find a few at Best Buys, depending on the location. I think that's a result of self-building taking over the desktop market. Even on Amazon the bestseller charts are dominated by refurbs of old office builds; followed by cheap prebuilt gaming PCs by companies like CyberpowerPC and iBuyPower.

That is a good one. Honestly I don't like that habit so leaving a book in the bathroom might be a good one.

LOL. this triggered an old memory of mine. 13 years ago I was working in a really strange office. A lot of things that should not happen used to happen there.
There was this guy from IT, our programmer, Sergio, he was 42 or so. Typical fat dude, family guy, kind of nerd but an awesome human beign all around.
Once a day he would come out of his office with this HUGE Java Programming book (it was a really huge), give us a funny look and go straight to the bathroom. He would stay there for a while. LMAO

Back