• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happened to the other 300 fight?

They've been booking 13-14 fights per ppv recently so I think they will. They only make Cutelaba/Lins to 299 3 weeks out.
Idk, it seems like they've been flailing around, just trying to make any big fight they can think up, and they're all falling through (supposedly, probably marketing). Hard to really know what was just thrown out into the media to keep everyone guessing. It could be (hopefully, but unlikely), that he wants everyone to think it's a fight that isn't a big deal, and will announce something that actually does get some pop. May be that, bc the secret announcement was ruined by Ariel at 200, that he wants a chance to make a secret announcement again. Dana seems like that kind of guy, who wants to do big guy moves, like making super special secret announcements. His ego couldn't handle getting trampled by Helwani in 2016 or whenever it was, and he's been silently awaiting the next 00 card, so he can finally make a super secret announcement. I bet if it transpires this way, he will go home that night and ask his wife if she's proud of him, and think about his mom.

A few weeks ago when everyone was wondering what the main event was Dana said he had 2 more fights to announce. One of them was Pereira v Hill but we never got another one.

I want to know what the "rabbit in a hat" dana had for this card was, too. And also the fight that was so big a documentary could be filmed on how they put it together.

Last edited:
I was wondering this the other day too.

Wish the MMA media weren't a bunch of hacks and actually followed up on stuff like this...
Can't really blame the MMA media. If they stir the pot even a little, Dana blackballs them. The unfettered power that Dana wields over the media effectively makes MMA "journalism" impossible. That's why we end up with a bunch of low-rent influencers pretending to be MMA journalists.

Back