• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What a beast!!! Next for Volk?

People see tall and think massive, short and they think tiny. Volk is a tank, he was literally throwing Yair around.
Every time he hit Yair,Yair reacted badly to it.

I do too, I’m personally kinda over this double champ stuff. Hoping Topuria fight is next.

That’s the fight to make. If he does move to LW, I’d like to actually see him in a number one contender match first… Gaethje/Poirier winner, Arman, or Gamrot would do.

Yeah he's unbelievable man. Getting it done in multiple ways.

How badass is it when Yair is finally having a good stretch and landing some good shots, Volk says "enough" and rocks his shit and slams him like a ho. That's some big brother shit.

People see tall and think massive, short and they think tiny. Volk is a tank, he was literally throwing Yair around.
It’s really bizarre how people are trying to argue that Yair was the bigger guy. Volk was literally big brothering Yair via raw strength not technique in the grappling and clinch exchanges.

Volk can do whatever the fuck he wants, so many options for him.

Maybe Aljo moves up, maybe he fights Top next, maybe Islam again, maybe winner of DP and Gaethje.
Aljo has said he's moving up and done with 135 win or lose against Sean

FW is moving extremely slow these past few years. No real contenders that stick out. The old guard got that division closed up good.

Topuria is sort of there, but honestly needs one more big win imo. He went five rounds with the guy Yair finished inside two. And you saw what Volk just did.

If the opportunity is there at LW, I say move up.

Taller does not equal bigger. Yair was not the bigger guy lol.
Let it go. You're coming across as a butthurt Islam fan. Islam is great, so is Volk. You don't need to try to belittle Volk because you feel threatened or something. It's completely ridiculous to call Volk a weightbully. You might be the first person in history to call him that.

It’s really bizarre how people are trying to argue that Yair was the bigger guy. Volk was literally big brothering Yair via raw strength not technique in the grappling and clinch exchanges.
Don't embarrass yourself like this. Yair gets taken down by every good wrestler he fights. See the Frankie Edgar and Jeremy Stephens fights. Had nothing to do with "size advantage"

Volk vs Topuria next. If he beats him then there's nothing left for him at 145 at all
Topuria is a more technical striker than Yair and has better wrestling too. He’ll be a handful for Volk

Yeah was startled at the disparity in strength and I think Yair kind of accepted his demise. Volk is too big and powerful for the division but hilariously people seem to think he's undersized for LW.

Which division did the likes of Mcgregor, Poirier and Oliveira move up from...they look as big as any LWs.

Let it go. You're coming across as a butthurt Islam fan. Islam is great, so is Volk. You don't need to try to belittle Volk because you feel threatened or something. It's completely ridiculous to call Volk a weightbully. You might be the first person in history to call him that.
Who’s belittling Volk? You Volk fans are so sensitive smh. Yair looked like a toothpick compared to Volk, there is no way you can argue with a straight face that he was the bigger man, he wasn’t.

It's crazy how the once deep Featherweight division has been cleared out.
Topuria still there. Btw, I always thought FW was an overrated division. When guys like Josh Emmet, Kattar, etc are the top contenders, and nobody else besides Volk can beat long in the tooth Max Holloway…it’s not a deep division like BW & LW.

Who’s belittling Volk? You Volk fans are so sensitive smh. Yair looked like a toothpick compared to Volk, there is no way you can argue with a straight face that he was the bigger man, he wasn’t.
<Prem973>
lol I'm not a Volk guy. Just giving him his props. But you are definitely a huge Islam guy who has had your feelings hurt by Volk fans. Anyway, keep making a fool of yourself I guess. I'm out.

Volk is a weight bully
Has he ever missed weight?? If not then he certainly isnt a weight bully. He also went up a weight class to challenge himself beyond any physical advantage he has at his own weight class. Not the actions of a weight bully.

The true greats at least try to challenge themselves

Back