• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Jiri Prochazca win the rematch?

Vegas is not Abu Dhabi. I don't trust him in Abu Dhabi at all.

Ankalaev vs Jiri/Poatan winner in VEGAS would be fine.
I dont care where it is but yall speculatin and slanderizin

Of course he can. Both of them are chinny, but Jiri's defence is absolutely terrible so the likeliest outcome is Poatan by KO. Feels like Poatan has jinxed it though and will lose by KO.

Oh he can. He probably won't thats why hes being given the shot. To boost Pereira.

As much of a fan I am of his, I don't believe he's made any improvements since the last fight or even his fight with Rakic. His chin will be touched again and he will go down. But I hope he makes it a war before it happens.

I don't ever really see him shifting as a fighter now personally and career wise I spose there are not a ton of challangers at LHW, if he lost to Alex and then Alex lost to Ank I could see him getting another title shot within a year with another good win or two.

As much of a fan I am of his, I don't believe he's made any improvements since the last fight or even his fight with Rakic. His chin will be touched again and he will go down. But I hope he makes it a war before it happens.
its not necessarily about improvements though, just an adjustment of gameplan. He can't just stand and trade with Perreira in the open, he has the skills to vary the gameplan and make it tougher.

Possibly. But it's not like he didn't give him some real trouble in their first fight. Dude hits hard, is very unpredictable and out of the two he has the better chin I'd say.

Reactions: HHJ
The only acceptable outcome of the rematch is Potatoman getting knocked out cold and carried out of the octagon with shit in his pants.

Jiri was coming off a serious injury and a 17 month layoff going into the first fight with Alex. Also Jamahal Hill was coming off a serious injury and a 15 month layoff. Not Pereira's fault but I think people may be overrating his performances a bit considering the circumstances. I still lean slightly towards Pereira but it's close to 50/50 in my eyes.

its not necessarily about improvements though, just an adjustment of gameplan. He can't just stand and trade with Perreira in the open, he has the skills to vary the gameplan and make it tougher.
Really I think its about different risks, first match Jiri was more wary than normal as he knew the danger of Alex countering him but that left him open to lowkicks, forced him to start chasing more but at the point his leg was already messed up.

I think his best chance is honestly to come at Alex full force as early in the fight as possible and finish before he gets the counter or at least hurt Alex enough to take him out of the fight.

Last edited:
Pereira is one of the more hittable champs with his chip up in the air. Long and lanky power puncher like Prochazka can be dangerous.

Jiri's team did not say it and was talking in superlatives about Jiri before first fight, but they were not honest.. - These people are not in USA with Jiri again.Jiri's arm was not healed when he faced Pereira (Jiri personally recently said that he was basically fighting Pereira with one arm). He aswell had staph infection and his preparation was +-1 week long. Still had his moments and was winning until he made mistake. + Fluke stoppage from Goddard

The first fight was arguably stopped too early.. for this reason a rematch is mandatory.

Jiri fucking cracks and if he catches Alex, Alex will take a nap, as vice versa. This fight is about who lands the killshot first. I look for Jiri to get Alex out early and if not, Alex gets his reads and finds the target by the 3rd.

I like Jiri but Poatan is what we want in a champ. No camp is going to favour Jiri though, the guy spends most his time punching trees and locking himself in dark rooms.
I want Poatan to defend and then go out there and sub Ankalaev via guillotine.

Jiri's team did not say it and was talking in superlatives about Jiri before first fight, but they were not honest.. - These people are not in USA with Jiri again.Jiri's arm was not healed when he faced Pereira (Jiri personally recently said that he was basically fighting Pereira with one arm). He aswell had staph infection and his preparation was +-1 week long. Still had his moments and was winning until he made mistake. + Fluke stoppage from Goddard
The sequence leading to the first knockdown was very telling on how Poatan had Jiri's number in that fight. There is a sequence with Alex sliding backwards just out of range whilst Jiri wings punches forward. Jiri was getting cracked regardless in that fight and if he goes with the same approach he loses. Alex is fresh coming off a fight where he didn't take a sign strike, whilst Jiri had to gut out another win whilst getting tagged multiple times.

The sequence leading to the first knockdown was very telling on how Poatan had Jiri's number in that fight. There is a sequence with Alex sliding backwards just out of range whilst Jiri wings punches forward. Jiri was getting cracked regardless in that fight and if he goes with the same approach he loses. Alex is fresh coming off a fight where he didn't take a sign strike, whilst Jiri had to gut out another win whilst getting tagged multiple times.

Hasn't alex been complaining about broken toes?

Same as Pereira which was aswell controlled on ground and eaten few elbows...right? If Jiri listened to coach and taken Pereira down again as coach was yelling on him - to stop hunting.... Pereira lost. So dont try to arrange it as some kind of one sided fight.

Hasn't alex been complaining about broken toes?
He pulled out of the Brazil card with broken toes after 300. He fought with broken toes, broke more in that fight. He was just here in Australia doing a seminar tour. Pretty sure he finished the tour and then headed home. Good thing is both he and Jiri are coming off no camp, but I get the feeling Jiri doesn't ever do a real camp to be honest.

Same as Pereira which was aswell controlled on ground and eaten few elbows...right? If Jiri listened to coach and taken Pereira down again as coach was yelling on him - to stop hunting.... Pereira lost. So dont try to arrange it as some kind of one sided fight.
Here he is trying to take him down 2x...

Jiri had success in round 1 by being wild. then Pereira chopped him down, started to find the range and then put Jiri down. Unfortunately the stoppage was early, but Alex from all appearances seems to be the better fighter. I have watched Jiri pre UFC. Alex is a nightmare for his wild style and can match him in size.

Back