• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Jiri Prochazca win the rematch?

I think Jiri could end the fight with one punch or elbow, it's just not likely. Poatan isn't a good match-up for a guy willing to eat 3 punches for everyone he throws, even if possibly could land some haymaker or unorthodox move. If Jiri could get a TD or two, even if he doesn't do much on the ground, that would make Poatan think twice, maybe change his approach and possibly be more hesitant or leave an opening. But I don't like Jiri's odds in a pure stand-up war. All he has is a relatively small puncher's chance.
I know what you mean. Jiri style means he’ll take a few planned shots and he mixes things up so chaotically that it throws people off. But as everyone is saying Alex jsut had such a good accurate quick strike that Jiri style doesn’t really throw him off too much

I wanna see Jiri utilize gnp. His top game is really fun to watch and that is the perfect test for Alex anyways .

Reactions: mkt
I know what you mean. Jiri style means he’ll take a few planned shots and he mixes things up so chaotically that it throws people off. But as everyone is saying Alex jsut had such a good accurate quick strike that Jiri style doesn’t really throw him off too much

I wanna see Jiri utilize gnp. His top game is really fun to watch and that is the perfect test for Alex anyways .
Yeah, if Jiri doesn't wrestle or tries to wrestle and isn't successful, I think it will go like the first fight. Jiri's "puncher's chance" will be strongest early in the fight, but will fade as he gets drowned with punches and leg kicks. Chandler was in the same situation with Gaethje a few years ago. He rocked Gaethje once, but absorbing more strikes throughout the fight really wears you down.

I have nothing against people nerding out and flexing their knowledge of the sport and the fighters, and I like reading it, but I think most fight predictions are myopic in that for all the scenarios we can imagine, it's only going to be one specific scenario that ends the fight, and it's anybody's guess which one that will be or who will pull it off. So my takes are a little more abstract and less specific, because there are simply too many variables to say for sure what will happen. When I say Jiri early, I mean I feel like that's when his odds are best to end the fight, not so much that Alex can't do the same. The longer the fight goes, the more I favor Alex as once he has made his computations, that's when he's truly lethal. Granted he can land that night night 10 seconds in too. I don't know what Jiri's gameplan will be, if he'll be more cautious. He most certainly should be. But if he's going to fall into chaotic blitzing, his 50/50 odds are probably right there in the first couple minutes. After that I imagine if will be easier for Alex to read and counter him.

I think he should grapple and first of all try to see if the toe/foot are vulnerable. But Jiri's a nut, I think he just does what he does and let's the chips fall where they may.

Shit, that's a quality post. I 100% agree with your nuanced take on predictions. We need more of that, honestly, but the social media game is making all of us idiots. I get what you are saying now and have nothing further to add.

Back