What is the perfect MMA stance?

On a more serious note there are no perfect stances since it all depends on the fighter.
If you have cat like reflexes you can get away with unorthodox shit and often capitalize on that while other fighting styles could affect things too.
Why don´t you go to the gym and find out?
i asked the guys at AKA and they told me to ask the sherbro gods of mma

There is no perfect stance or style. It's about using the style that best suits the individual fighter's skill set and body type.
so which is the perfect mma body type?

long and lanky legs like adesana, or short stubby legs and arms like khabib?

weave-mav.gif

ultimate defense. head is out of range

One leg-kick and he dies

<{Joewithit}>

i asked the guys at AKA and they told me to ask the sherbro gods of mma
Well I always tried to lead with my face and it worked out pretty well for me.
If you add one more Sherdogger to that it should be a bulletproof style according to Science.

Depends on your specialty. Ideally, someone could stand up straight and box/kickbox while being able to defend takedowns, and if taken down they could submit off their backs.

Prime Anderson Silva was a rare case IMO.

I would guess it's whatever Aldo does considering he's able to slip punches, check leg kicks, stuff takedowns, and throw power shots from the same stance. Very rare for someone to be able to do all four.

Last edited:
what's the perfect mix of offense, defense, footwork?

offense:
- solid fundamental boxing (anthony joshua / usyk)
- precise kicks (low, body, head) and knee teeps (jon jones style)
- elbows in the clinch (horizontal, uppercut, forward thrusting, etc.)
- finding weird and unorthodox angles for openings (jiri)
- agressive pressure (i am going to kill you, no decisions)

defense:
- to prevent headkick ko's
- to prevent wrestling takedowns
- to prevent calf kicks
- to prevent teeps
- to prevent liver kicks
- to prevent outside hooks
- to prevent straight jabs

footwork:
- karate-esque movement (karate conor)
- muay thai isn't ideal because lack of movement and takedown threat
- getting in and out of range easily
- lateral, side-to-side movement
- head movement (up, down, left, right, in, out) while protecting face with arms
- feints from all angles (hands, arms, kicks, takedowns)
- stance switches (both orthodox and southpaw)

leon edwards is known as one of the best, precise strikers in mma.
but wtf was that defense against belal? no elite boxer does that, it just creates an opening for a nasty uppercut, which belal did. clearly this defensive stance is not idealView attachment 1055784

I commented about that at that time -he was trying to use some 52 block/Skull/Cross Block type S* - but he put it up too early and left it out to hang -so Belal just used the opening (Uppercut) as Leon pretty much blinded himself from incoming attacks. Seems like he was experimenting with it but it didnt flow AT ALL and that wasnt a good time to try it. Poirer uses it quite a bit and much more effectively

where's the gif of Nate(?) or someone doing a "punching machine" thing from his forehead with elbow as a lever? That's Leon's defense made into an offense, wish i could find it.

ultimate defense. head is out of range

Hook one leg and me may fall on the back of his head on the stone tiles or bricks or whatever they are. <seedat>

Back