• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Were you very impressed by Ian Garry performance?

Were you very impressed by Ian Garry performance?

• Total voters
All in all very impressive. Magny is no joke.
Kicks and footwork are excellent but his hands are not quite up to par. He has very good speed but seems to lack power. I don't expect him to knock out a lot of ranked guys. Looks like he'll be a good point fighter with the occasional highkick highlight.
Grappling looks kinda weak. Wouldn't expect him to get past the top grapplers of the division.
All in all very good and entertainign fighter but I don't see a future champ (unless Dana gives him the Pereira treatment)

That's kind of the issue with WW at the moment, these dudes all train together so they're unlikely to fight.
<PlusJuan>

Burns/Shav/Ian all training together is incredible from the standpoint of iron sharpening iron in the training room and does wonders for their individual and collective development….but with that said having 3 fighters in the WW top10 that are all friends and camp members makes a major traffic jam in the division. Quite the predicament this will cause in an already rough WW landscape that has had its fair share of picky contenders and diva behavior. Makes me worried for the next couple years of WW matchmaking.

A fun striker no clue how good he really is yet. Magney isxa aging gatekeeper on short notice thought to tell here. He honestly should fight Shav next. He likely loses but it tells him where he is right now and what yo improve on. Shav is the 2nd or 3rd best WW no matter ranking so a loss doesn't hurt Garry at all.. it's also a fight that could co main a big card. Hoping he doesn't fight WB and takes a big test in Shav.

A fun striker no clue how good he really is yet. Magney isxa aging gatekeeper on short notice thought to tell here. He honestly should fight Shav next. He likely loses but it tells him where he is right now and what yo improve on. Shav is the 2nd or 3rd best WW no matter ranking so a loss doesn't hurt Garry at all.. it's also a fight that could co main a big card. Hoping he doesn't fight WB and takes a big test in Shav.
Not only is Shav his training partner but the UFC would avoid this matchup like the plague anyway for very obvious reasons.

<PlusJuan>

Burns/Shav/Ian all training together is incredible from the standpoint of iron sharpening iron in the training room and does wonders for their individual and collective development….but with that said having 3 fighters in the WW top10 that are all friends and camp members makes a major traffic jam in the division. Quite the predicament this will cause in an already rough WW landscape that has had its fair share of picky contenders and diva behavior. Makes me worried for the next couple years of WW matchmaking.
Garry said he will eventually fight both of them but it has to mean something. So it probably has to be for a belt.

sheer and utter dominance, couldn't get the finish if you want to hold that against him but I feel like you'd have to be a hater to shit on him for not getting the finish.

I was impressed. I don't think he looked like some kind of world beater, but he definitely proved himself to be very much legit.

Held the choke after the bell rung, then tried slapping Neil and gave him the bird.
Paul Daley did less and got banned. Ultimate Circus Championship.

Personally don't care what his antics are and as an asshole myself I enjoyed the middle finger flying after the victory.
Beef/drama is good.

In any case of course in a vacuum I was impressed, first leg kick he threw knocked Magney on his ass and Magney literally couldn't do anything the whole fight, but with circumstances considered I was not impressed.

He couldn't finish a guy who was periodically on one leg and wasn't throwing anything in return, he played it safe when there was no reason to during what was essentially booked as - and became - a showcase fight. Even DC and Rogan who are payed to promote Endeavor hype jobs were mildly critical of his lack of finishing instinct.

He also got backed up against the cage and let Magney take the center of the ring throughout the fight although he didn't pay for it.

He's good, very fast and dosnt telegraph. But I have my doubts about him beating the best of the best (which he's clearly being hyped to do just that).

Back