Media Ian Garry not interested in fight vs MVP: "His number's (ranking) not higher than mine"

It wouldn't teleport him anywhere. He has the opportunity to fight Colby next. It would be insane to take a step down to the level of opponent he's already beaten 3 times already. There's zero reason to do that.

There are 3 contenders ahead of him for a title shot right now. Belal, Shavkat, and Della Maddalena. Fighting and beating MVP wouldn't change that dynamic or even his ranking. He would just be the guy who exposed the can crusher and would still have to fight someone like Colby after that. And if he lost? He'd be out of the top 10 and have to work his way back up. If you were him and took that fight you'd be an idiot.

Ok fair point. Let's see who does get to fight. Colby is very picky

There's people that believe Garry can be champion as did Till. No person with a double digit IQ believes Paddy can be champion.
I haven't seen anyone here argue Garry is going to be champion.Also I'm not sure what that has to do with most underwhelming prospect

I think a win against a guy like MVP would raise his stock even more. But I guess he doesn't want to take that risk.
Mike Perry beat MVP in London in the BKFC. It actually went to an “extra sudden death” round. It was the same day as the UFC card in SLC. The one where Edwards booted Usman’s head into orbit.

I had just completed 90 of house arrest. It sucked.. but better than the alternative, I guess? I was not allowed off the property at all from 10pm-6am. That was the last 45 days. The first 45.. I wasn’t allowed to leave the property, except for 4 hrs of shopping each week. Split up into 2 periods of 2 hours. And my PO had to be informed pronto, if anything happened. I had been convicted of assault for kicking a guy’s ass after he punched me for no real reason. He was clearly an asshole, and I told him so.

Him, and his skank were having a full blown domestic argument. I’m just outside the neighborhood pub. Smoking a cigarette, and a little weed. Minding my own business.

Fucking clown says “what are you looking at”? I told him to fuck off. Punk swung on me. He was a candyass, though. The fight lasted one punch on my side. Clear self defence. But his skank was back sucking his ass after seeing him whooped by an old guy.

So I was allowed to go anywhere at any time within the province for the next year.

My gf rented us a hotel room.

Coker hamstrung one of his biggest assets. Crushing cans in the minors means diddly, after that. I’m actually quite surprised the UFC brought him in.

Just don’t hold up the many contender fights that need to happen.

I don’t think MVP deserves a highly ranked contender.

Give him Wonderboy first.

Leon is a striker. So the best fight for him is the best striker at welterweight, which is Wonderboy. The UFC should book Leon vs Wonderboy because that's the fight people should want to see. I that makes no sense right now, but as a clever and mature person, I know that sense doesn't matter because the UFC is a business. And a business should put on fights people want to see. Which is why they should book Leon vs Wonderboy.

I mean WB even three years ago? Sure. 5 years? Absolutely. But now? Nah I'm good.

Wonderboy who just got choked out in the 2nd? He don't deserve no title shot

Lol MVP is already ranked #13. Ian showing no interest in fighting MVP when he's only a good win or 2 away from being deserving is not a good look for him at all and shows that he'll be actively ducking him when the time comes.
Like I said, MVP doesn’t deserve shit! I’m sure the UFC will squeeze every penny they can get from him with his flashy striking and give preferable match making, but at the end of the day that’s all he is is a flashy striker who is one leg kick away from being knocked out

He's right give him Shavkat instead.

WW is lame as fuck. and now Colby is doing the same thing to Garry about not fighting down in the rankings. Someone in every fight is fighting below them, its just about what makes sense.

Like I said, MVP doesn’t deserve shit! I’m sure the UFC will squeeze every penny they can get from him with his flashy striking and give preferable match making, but at the end of the day that’s all he is is a flashy striker who is one leg kick away from being knocked out
Did you even read my post? If MVP doesn't deserve shit, Ian doesn't either. Dude is a boring decision fighter that can't finish any of the top guys. The sooner he's fed to Shavkat or MVP the better.

Did you even read my post? If MVP doesn't deserve shit, Ian doesn't either. Dude is a boring decision fighter that can't finish any of the top guys. The sooner he's fed to Shavkat or MVP the better.
Agreed MVP doesn’t deserve sh*t and Ian Machado doesn’t deserve sh*t. Shavkat is a future champion

I mean WB even three years ago? Sure. 5 years? Absolutely. But now? Nah I'm good.
Wonderboy who just got choked out in the 2nd? He don't deserve no title shot
Yeah, but that was kinda my point. Among all the talk of making interesting fights and wanting to ignore rankings and say they don't matter, they ARE based off of winning and losing and doing so against the right people, so they clearly DO matter. I used Wonderboy for the popularity and his cemented position as one of the best strikers in UFC history, but even if I went with someone like Buckley, who was on a winning streak at WW even before the Luque win, people would rightly call that stupid too.

We know Buckley and Wonderboy should not be in any position for that, but as long as we never use the word "ranking" when we think that then we can go "Aww rankings don't matter. [Unbeaten streaking fighter] is a duck for not fighting 'backwards' in this system that I call make-believe when it's convenient for me"

I tried to make my post as dripping with sarcasm as I could. Maybe it came off too dry

I still think that Garry/Covington is the fight to make. I don't know how serious is Colby is with his stipulations (I don't really care about their beef), but I'd love to see Garry against a grappler.

Back