Media Ian Garry not interested in fight vs MVP: "His number's (ranking) not higher than mine"

1. Colby is already begging for #9 Wonderboy
2. Garry is one of the hottest prospects with a ton of hype. Beating Garry does a lot for Colby.
3. Only Usman, Shavkat and Belal are ahead of Colby in the rankings. Do you think Colby would actually fight Shavkat?
Colby trashing Garry on social media while refusing to mention Shavkat's name at all is the obvious indication of who he's willing to fight.

I'm not sure any up and comer would want MVP.

He can easily dance/run away to victory against good strikers.

The guy is simply hard to touch with all his movement. He will NOT engage unless it's a blitz and he'll immediately dance again.

Lol at this noob. Geoff Neal was ranked 8th when Garry beat him. Wonderboy is 1-3, his only win in 3 years is against Kevin Holland.
lol ok child, calm yourself. I've probably been watching MMA since you were in diapers.

If Neil was ranked 8th then he was ranked too high at the time. He hasn't even beaten anyone relevant in the top 10 to deserve such a ranking.

Meanwhile Wonderboy holds a win over Neil, and his 3 losses you reference are to Burns, Belal, and Shavkat -- all of whom have been ranked in the top 5 recently. So ya, Wonderboy deserves a top 10 ranking still and Geoff Neil never deserved it to begin with. You're a trashcan MMA fan.

lol ok child, calm yourself. I've probably been watching MMA since you were in diapers.

If Neil was ranked 8th then he was ranked too high at the time. He hasn't even beaten anyone relevant in the top 10 to deserve such a ranking.

Meanwhile Wonderboy holds a win over Neil, and his 3 losses you reference are to Burns, Belal, and Shavkat -- all of whom have been ranked in the top 5 recently. So ya, Wonderboy deserves a top 10 ranking still and Geoff Neil never deserved it to begin with. You're a trashcan MMA fan.
I think you are confusing Neil Magny and Geoff Neal.

Not at all, I'm saying him trying to pull the rankings bullshit is asinine because they have both beat the same level of fighter and should be ranked around the same, so a fight between them would boost either of them up the rankings. He's making it sound like fighting and beating MVP would do nothing for him, which is incorrect.

I get he wants to angle his way up the rankings without fighting anyone like all of the hype jobs do, just think he's overlooking a good opportunity and he's underrating how popular MVP is just because he built his fanbase outside of the UFC crushing cans, instead of inside the UFC crushing cans. Instead, he's chasing ANOTHER hype job with an inflated ranking due to pro wrestling shit circus that the UFC is in Colby. I get it though.
They haven't though. First, Geoff Neal and Neil Magny have a ton more consistency than Holland, and even if you consider the 4 people we've mentioned are all at the same level, Ian has beaten 3 of them, which you'd think should be a step up, while MVP has beaten 1. Why is it that Ian has to fight this level 3 times in a row, but I'm gonna guess that if MVP fought and beat him, he'd get people pushing for him to have the bump up to the top 5 opponents that Garry is apparently already denied? There's no way to argue they've have equal standing.

And again, no one really will give a shit if Garry beats MVP. I think people are vastly overrated not only how popular MVP is, but what his level of popularity "does" for his opponents. People have beaten MVP before, they're not superstars or anything. I mean, I feel like I could throw out 5 random names and 90% of this forums wouldn't know which one beat MVP without looking it up.

(If anyone wants to play that game, go ahead, but please use the honor system)
Yaroslav Amosov
Andrey Koreshkov
Jason Jackson
Logan Storley
Kyle Crutchmer

Popularity does get people pushes on their own, but it almost never transfers to others through winning. It basically will do nothing for him. Or at the very least, beating Colby or Burns would help him get to a title a lot more. Let's not pretend that if that fight happened and MVP lost, the front page here will take less than a day before threads full of "MVP - never that good. Can crusher got exposed. Ian took an easy fight to pad his streak" etc..

Neal knocked out #6 Luque before facing Shavkat, my guy. He did deserve to be in the top 10. Maybe you should stay more up to date on things.

Last edited:
1. Colby is already begging for #9 Wonderboy
2. Garry is one of the hottest prospects with a ton of hype. Beating Garry does a lot for Colby.
3. Only Usman, Shavkat and Belal are ahead of Colby in the rankings. Do you think Colby would actually fight Shavkat?
Begging? He said he wants to fight him. When did this "begging" occur?

Beating a lower ranked, boring point fighter that would just try and run away from him the whole fight, does what exactly?

I'd say he'd fight any of them before fighting the cuck.

Ideally both of them should fight up in the rankings but I'm not sure if that's going to happen especially in the top 7. Gary might end up being the odd man out and having to fight down in the rankings. And for me it's more that he want to split decision than his fight being lackluster that holds him back but I know for the UFC the lackluster fight also holds people back.
I get that 2 surging people might have to fight and timing definitely plays into it. The pickings just get slimmer the higher you get. For instance, I wouldn't be too off put if Leon-Belal, Usman-Shavkat, and Colby-Burns ended up forcing JDM vs Garry. Yeah, JDM is a on a huge streak too and higher than Garry, but with the top booked, the contenders may need to knock each other off. . but MVP just isn't up there.

I mean, yeah Garry won a split decision (though that's more a statement on the judges than Garry), but I don't recall the MVP-Holland fight blowing socks off either. I hadn't watched it, or if I did, it wasn't with much interest, but I remember a few people in the PBP thread saying he was underwhelming, kept running, and lots of people pointing out how Kevin really lost the fight and wasn't performing. So I'm just not following how anyone is acting like he has any momentum other than "What a name the UFC just got, the #3 Bellator WW!" He's got to put in SOME work.

Rankings aka neckbeard interweb goobs' opinions don't matter

Rankings aka neckbeard interweb goobs' opinions don't matter
Leon is a striker. So the best fight for him is the best striker at welterweight, which is Wonderboy. The UFC should book Leon vs Wonderboy because that's the fight people should want to see. I that makes no sense right now, but as a clever and mature person, I know that sense doesn't matter because the UFC is a business. And a business should put on fights people want to see. Which is why they should book Leon vs Wonderboy.

No, they haven't beaten the same level of fighter. Garry beat number 8 and number 11, MVP beat number 13 and is currently number 13 and ranked below Neal and Magny. Garry has 7 UFC wins, MVP has 1. They aren't at the same level.

And he's correct, beating MVP would do nothing for him. It wouldn't move him up in the rankings, it wouldn't get him closer to another title shot.

{<huh}

What is this horseshit? He has 7 fights in the UFC. He got to where he is by beating the number 8 and number 11 fighter. What makes sense next for him is to fight someone in the 3 to 6.

I love how you're simultaneously dismissing his wins, falsely claiming he isn't fighting anyone while also demanding he face a weaker opponent than his last two wins. You're the one arguing for him to take a pointless fight instead of working his way up.

Colby is both higher ranked AND more popular. There is literally no reason for him to take a step backwards and fight outside the top 10 when he has a top 5 guy right in front of him.
Oh ok, so you're retarded and don't understand basic concepts and fixate on the specific made up numbers the UFC commonly make up on a whim. Got it, carry on.

I'm guessing not many guys on the up will want to fight MVP, he's had some loses with mean he isnt ranked high enough to be an auto title shot win but he's obviously still very live himself and capable of very very nasty finishes.

Last edited:
Oh ok, so you're retarded and don't understand basic concepts and fixate on the specific made up numbers the UFC commonly make up on a whim. Got it, carry on.
If you think fighter's wins shouldn't matter and fighters who get wins should be punished by moving further from their goal, then I got bad news about who has the learning disability, my guy.

And no one is struggling with that "basic concept" but you

I think you are confusing Neil Magny and Geoff Neal.
Nope. This is the problem that amateurs don't understand about rankings. They are near impossible to get right. This is due to the statistical problem of small sample size.

Abstract example: Fighter A ranked #20 beats Fighter B ranked #5. This is one fight. The #5 ranked fighter could have just had a bad night, or it could have been a bad matchup. Do you then rank Fighter A at #5, and move Fighter B down to #6? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. In reality you should drop Fighter B down several spots first, and then move Fighter A ahead of them. In this case, Fighter B should be moved outside of the top 10, and Fighter A should be ranked #10. Anything else risks over-ranking Fighter A. Sadly, that just doesn't happen very often.

Geoff Neil beat Ponzinibio who was ranked #27 at the time according to independent rankings, and he beat Luque ranked at #6, and all of a sudden a few months later Goeff Neil is ranked #6 basically off just 1 win. That's a bad ranking. And it's a result of extreme ranking changes due to small sample size. Neil went from being ranked #27 to ranked #6 in early 2023. He then promptly lost to Shavkat who was ranked #28 at the time. Now, we know Shavkat is the real deal now -- but we didn't know it at the time. The instant Neil lost to #28 Shavkat, he should have been demoted on the rankings by at least 5 spots, outside of the top 10. But somehow stupidly Neil retained a #8 ranking after that loss.

And that is how Ian Garry got into the top 10, by beating Geoff Neil who never should have been ranked above #10 to begin with, and should have been moved down to about #15 after losing to Shavkat. If I am right, Ian Garry is going to get destroyed when he fights a legit top 10 fighter.

Nope. This is the problem that amateurs don't understand about rankings. They are near impossible to get right. This is due to the statistical problem of small sample size.

Abstract example: Fighter A ranked #20 beats Fighter B ranked #5. This is one fight. The #5 ranked fighter could have just had a bad night, or it could have been a bad matchup. Do you then rank Fighter A at #5, and move Fighter B down to #6? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. In reality you should drop Fighter B down several spots first, and then move Fighter A ahead of them. In this case, Fighter B should be moved outside of the top 10, and Fighter A should be ranked #10. Anything else risks over-ranking Fighter A. Sadly, that just doesn't happen very often.

Geoff Neil beat Ponzinibio who was ranked #27 at the time according to independent rankings, and he beat Luque ranked at #6, and all of a sudden a few months later Goeff Neil is ranked #6 basically off just 1 win. That's a bad ranking. And it's a result of extreme ranking changes due to small sample size. Neil went from being ranked #27 to ranked #6 in early 2023. He then promptly lost to Shavkat who was ranked #28 at the time. Now, we know Shavkat is the real deal now -- but we didn't know it at the time. The instant Neil lost to #28 Shavkat, he should have been demoted on the rankings by at least 5 spots, outside of the top 10. But somehow stupidly Neil retained a #8 ranking after that loss.

And that is how Ian Garry got into the top 10, by beating Geoff Neil who never should have been ranked above #10 to begin with, and should have been moved down to about #15 after losing to Shavkat. If I am right, Ian Garry is going to get destroyed when he fights a legit top 10 fighter.
There is no Geoff Neil...

Shavkat was not ranked 28 in 2023. Neal was not ranked 27 either. He was ranked 12 before he beat Luque. Luque was ranked as high as 4 when Shavkat and Neal entered the rankings.

Shavat entered the top 15 after his 3rd fight in the UFC. It's not an opinion. He was ranked number 15.

Last edited:
What is an old man doing on a karate forum? Go take care of your grand kids.

At least learn to spell his name correctly if you're going to brag about being an MMA fan. Or is that your dementia kicking in? He beat Luque to get into the top 10. Luque was top 5 at one point you realize.

Meanwhile Wonderboy holds a win over Neil, and his 3 losses you reference are to Burns, Belal, and Shavkat -- all of whom have been ranked in the top 5 recently.
That win was 4 years ago. And congrats, you figured out how Burns, Belal and Shavkat got into the top 5. You know Neal has a win over Belal right?

So ya, Wonderboy deserves a top 10 ranking stil
He has one

l and Geoff Neil never deserved it to begin with.
As explained to you, he beat a top 10 fighter to get into the top 10. That's how this works.

You're a trashcan MMA fan.
You're an asshat for an old man

Ok, let me put this simpler language for you, without rankings. MVP is a can crusher with no wrestling skills who's only win in the UFC is Kevin Holland, who himself is fairly new to the WW division. Neil Magny and Geoff Neal have been around welterweight for years and are much more proven. MVP would be unlikely to get past either of them, thus as a guy with one fight in the UFC he doesn't deserve a fight with an undefeated fighter with 7 UFC wins who is nearing title contention.

Beating a guy like Magny is a pivotal step to getting higher level opponents. MVP hasn't taken that step yet and would in all likelyhood get grapple fucked, like others have before him. Let's cut the crap. The ONLY reason goofs like you want Ian Garry to fight him is because you want MVP to get a free pass over all the gatekeeper level guys with offensive wrestling. That's what this is all about. At least be honest about it instead of bullshitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back