Elections Voter's 18-29 Engaged and Overwhelmingly Approve Of Biden

I will never understand why people care so much about their political party in a clearly rigged game. Your rich millionaire guy beat their rich millionaire guy? Cool.
Sorry when it comes to Joe Biden that's not even close to true. Biden for his 40+ year Senate career was one of the poorest government officials.
We looked for outside data on this point and did not find much, but indications are Biden didn’t have much wealth.

Roll Call, the Capitol Hill newspaper, has done wealth rankings, but only for members of Congress and dating back only to 1990.
The Center for Responsive Politics provided us a 1973 summary of financial disclosures made by only some members of the House and Senate; it was published by Congressional Quarterly.
"Unfortunately, it’s hard to say anything concrete about his actual net worth in 1973, because all we have to go off of is this summary" and not the actual disclosure documents, said Center for Responsive Politics researcher Alex Baumgart.
"There's no listed securities here for Biden like there are for other members. From that, it’s reasonable to infer he had no major investments listed on his financial disclosure."
The summary Biden reported outside income in 1973 of $6,050, all from speeches.
On Biden’s second claim about leaving as one of the poorest officials in government, Biden’s campaign sent us rankings from 2005, 2006 and 2007. Those rankings don’t account for the fact that Biden remained in government for another decade.
The rankings are from the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, which annually ranks the wealth of government officials including members of Congress and top officials in the executive and judicial branches.
Biden ranked near the bottom in the center’s data in the years before he became vice president: Biden ranked 570th of 585 officials in 2005; 614th of 636 officials in 2006; and 626th of 639 officials in 2007.

Because officials report their assets and liabilities on official forms as ranges, the rankings use estimates. Biden’s estimated net worth was -$47,494 in 2005; -$12,492 in 2006; and -$52,493 in 2007. In other words, it appeared that his debts outpaced his cash and other assets.

The center’s rankings only go back to 2004.

(Biden’s campaign also sent us reports indicating that Biden’s net worth when he left office as vice president was far less than that of former vice president Al Gore and Dick Cheney, and less than current Vice President Mike Pence. Biden’s original statement did not compare himself to other vice presidents.)
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...hecking-joe-bidens-claim-hes-among-poorest-g/

Sorry when it comes to Joe Biden that's not even close to true. Biden for his 40+ year Senate career was one of the poorest government officials.
We looked for outside data on this point and did not find much, but indications are Biden didn’t have much wealth.

Roll Call, the Capitol Hill newspaper, has done wealth rankings, but only for members of Congress and dating back only to 1990.
The Center for Responsive Politics provided us a 1973 summary of financial disclosures made by only some members of the House and Senate; it was published by Congressional Quarterly.
"Unfortunately, it’s hard to say anything concrete about his actual net worth in 1973, because all we have to go off of is this summary" and not the actual disclosure documents, said Center for Responsive Politics researcher Alex Baumgart.
"There's no listed securities here for Biden like there are for other members. From that, it’s reasonable to infer he had no major investments listed on his financial disclosure."
The summary Biden reported outside income in 1973 of $6,050, all from speeches.
On Biden’s second claim about leaving as one of the poorest officials in government, Biden’s campaign sent us rankings from 2005, 2006 and 2007. Those rankings don’t account for the fact that Biden remained in government for another decade.
The rankings are from the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, which annually ranks the wealth of government officials including members of Congress and top officials in the executive and judicial branches.
Biden ranked near the bottom in the center’s data in the years before he became vice president: Biden ranked 570th of 585 officials in 2005; 614th of 636 officials in 2006; and 626th of 639 officials in 2007.

Because officials report their assets and liabilities on official forms as ranges, the rankings use estimates. Biden’s estimated net worth was -$47,494 in 2005; -$12,492 in 2006; and -$52,493 in 2007. In other words, it appeared that his debts outpaced his cash and other assets.

The center’s rankings only go back to 2004.

(Biden’s campaign also sent us reports indicating that Biden’s net worth when he left office as vice president was far less than that of former vice president Al Gore and Dick Cheney, and less than current Vice President Mike Pence. Biden’s original statement did not compare himself to other vice presidents.)
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...hecking-joe-bidens-claim-hes-among-poorest-g/

Joe Biden and his wife have a net worth of $9 million. They have two homes worth $4 million. They are, by definition, millionaires.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...tial-candidate-built-a-9-million-fortune/amp/

This is why the voting age should change to 30 and also those that make enough to pay federal income tax...

Yuri was right though, the past two generations have been brainwashed and demoralized to the point of no return. The indoctrination centers combo’d with the MSM propaganda is a vicious combo...

Seems real wise of Republicans to double down on their Trump worship for 2022. That'll really win them some of these younger voters...
Trump can’t win 2024 either. He polls terrible in battleground states. It would be a repeat of 2020. Trump losing bigly.

It’s so nice waking up every single day and not seeing what tweet that moron Trump has started the day with. What Twitter fight he has started against teenagers.

The rest of the sane country recognizes it too.
Don’t you just love going back to a semi normal America and not hearing bunker boy spew his hate!

If people had no other information than to oppose everything 18 year olds wanted, the world would have saved itself a ton of misery.

This made me lol. I'm sure there have been some smart 18 year olds, but even they would probably tell you in their 30's that they were retarded at 18. If 18 year olds were the only voting block we would have free booze and brothels but no working roads or bridges. I don't think it helps your cause to say that young people like your ideas.

No offense, but I find this idea to be quite absurd especially when that age range is the sought after group for the US military. If they have no idea how the US economy works then that's a failure on the part of the education system, but young voters are more aware than ever before.

I've been in the military for 10 years now. Generally speaking, we are not a very smart group of people. We can't even go 90 days without an alcohol related incident at virtually any command that I've been to. Fights, alcoholism, suicide, sexual assault - all of these things are higher in the military and part of that is because of the lower age group represented.

I don't think young voters (18-23ish) have any real idea how the economy works, and yes, that is a failure of the education system. It's also because understanding our current economic structure is incredibly challenging. I have an MBA and I still don't have any real understanding of how the whole thing works.

I agree with everything else you said though.

I've been in the military for 10 years now. Generally speaking, we are not a very smart group of people. We can't even go 90 days without an alcohol related incident at virtually any command that I've been to. Fights, alcoholism, suicide, sexual assault - all of these things are higher in the military and part of that is because of the lower age group represented.

I don't think young voters (18-23ish) have any real idea how the economy works, and yes, that is a failure of the education system. It's also because understanding our current economic structure is incredibly challenging. I have an MBA and I still don't have any real understanding of how the whole thing works.

I agree with everything else you said though.
I actually don't want to disparage the military that much, I try not to think about anything from a Democrat or Republican thought process (I'm an Anarchist so they're all far right to me lol) and I feel like a lot of rich liberals don't understand the appeal of the military for people from dead end towns. I am very US military but I'm very pro veteran, because joining the military is often the only means of survival or forward progression.

I'm curious as to the reasoning behind the causes of those things, I work on Bourbon Street and live in the French Quarter and by God I step over blood puddles on the regular and I've seen more dead bodies than most vets lol.

I just think disparaging young voters based on their knowledge of the economy is absurd. You don't need to understand the fine details to know where you're headed. I could be wrong, and I'm always willing to discuss this with people who want to have an actual discussion, but the current trajectory of the US seems doomed.

I was entranced by a story I read and I'm working on my first play ever, but it's about the elderly couple who did everything right but their medical debt resulted in a murder/suicide and I couldn't help but think "what was their last week like?"

I don't think anyone really knows how the economy works, in the end the majority of political ideology is based in economic theory after all. I do think that the youth is going to pursue the Bernie/AOC style of political logic in the idea of collective good.

I'm not a Biden fan by any means, I'm a leftist, but I really think the only thing that will save this fucked up nation is if we all took a deep breath. Biden was the most moderate candidate the DNC offered, Harris was the second. They call him Beijing Biden despite he plays more consistent pressure than Trump ever did.

When Trump was defended putting oil and coal lobbyists in charge of protecting the environment, I realized we're past the point of no return.

Why remove a good source of employment?

I’m going to argue that if you are not smart/mature enough to cast a vote in your own best interest than you are not smart/mature enough to be making life and death decisions, especially for those people under your command.

Most people in that age bracket have a hard time standing on their feet for more than 2 hour increments, still call their mothers every night to be tucked in and have melted brains from their electronics addictions that started at 6 years old.

Imagine using any data from this demographic for anything.

Young voters like Democrats? Shocking. Amazing fantastic journalism

Next you’ll tell me Trump had his highest approval rating from 40-65 year old white males?

Most people in that age bracket have a hard time standing on their feet for more than 2 hour increments, still call their mothers every night to be tucked in and have melted brains from their electronics addictions that started at 6 years old.

Imagine using any data from this demographic for anything.
Well it was those voters who big time helped save democracy by voting to kick Trumps ass out of the WH and replace him with Biden. Besides black, hispanic and asian young voters have parents who also voted overwhelmingly for Biden(he won non white voters overwhelmingly) so I wouldn't bet on them getting much more conservative as they get older.

Well it was those voters who big time helped save democracy by voting to kick Trumps ass out of the WH and replace him with Biden. Besides black, hispanic and asian young voters have parents who also voted overwhelmingly for Biden(he won non white voters overwhelmingly) so I wouldn't bet on them getting much more conservative as they get older.

For sure, and it was a great thing for America. Or at least, less shitty. Trump is an embarrassment beyond words, something the USA will work to hide from the history books for centuries to come.

But them voting for Biden wasn't really because of their understanding of policy or real support for his positions; it was simply anti-Trump sentiment.

Back