Elections Voter's 18-29 Engaged and Overwhelmingly Approve Of Biden

An economic crash would show up in the numbers, while we can already see that 2021 will show the strongest growth of any year this century. If you want to bet on a crash happening, I'm down. I'll also take a bet on inflation, if you want to get specific.

Curious what you think the inflation #'s will look like.

More than 8%? Many food items are near 6% already. Fuel is up 22% (obviously other factors involved, but still important to the average Joe).

Curious what you think the inflation #'s will look like.

More than 8%? Many food items are near 6% already. Fuel is up 22% (obviously other factors involved, but still important to the average Joe).

It won't be 8%. 3% is unlikely IMO. If you want to bet on 5%, I'm down.

It won't be 8%. 3% is unlikely IMO. If you want to bet on 5%, I'm down.

Not really invested either way. I had heard (from left leaning sources) they were expecting a net increase in that range. Was just curious as to your position, because you seem to be the only person I've come across shooting this low.

I hope you're right.

Not really invested either way. I had heard (from left leaning sources) they were expecting a net increase in that range. Was just curious as to your position, because you seem to be the only person I've come across shooting this low.

I hope you're right.

I'd put the over/under around 2.2%, and that's what most people are saying. When I bet here, I like to have it as something where both sides think they have it in the bag. I'd put the chances of >5% at less than one in a thousand. Also, almost certain that 2021 real GDP growth is going to be crazy high. It's morning in America. Gonna be interesting to see how hacks spin things.

Sigh. You're again missing the point (and bizarrely transitioning to whining about protests). Presidents don't control or build the economy (in certain cases--like a recession--policy can have short-term impacts, but generally it doesn't). Everyone knows this, and hacks will point it out when it's convenient and pretend that it's not true when it's not, just like you're doing.
You know as well I as do that burning, looting, and murdering wasn't "protests". And the rest of your comment is just meant to continue running in circles.

You said that you could find multiple people in this forum saying that we'd have 50% unemployment by 2018 and that the economy would tank by 2017. You were lying, and I called you on it. Now you're lying again, saying that I said everyone on the left was claiming optimism and saying Trump was going to kick ass. For fuck's sake, try to argue like a man. If you asked "will the economy continue on the pre-2017 trajectory for a few years?" pretty much everyone would have said, "probably."

More wandering around it circles.

Last edited:
You know as well I as do that burning, looting, and murdering wasn't "protests". And the rest of your comment is just meant to continue running in circles.

There would be no circles if you were sharper. Me: "Everyone knows that presidents don't have much of an impact on the economy, but hacks will only say that if it's convenient." You: "It's convenient for me to claim that Trump had nothing to do with the poor economic numbers for his term as a whole, but also to pretend that the good numbers for a part of his term were because of him." You're doing exactly what I said you guys do.

More wandering around it circles.

Again, no circles. You made up a lie, and I called you on it. That's it. Straight line.

Well thanks in large part to these little dicklets Joe Biden beat the reality tv host into retirement in Florida, the world no longer has to suffer his idiocy he's strictly Florida's, the members of Mar A Lago and of course the Republican party's problem and for that I am eternally grateful.
giphy.gif
Well if these gas shortages continue and gas prices continue for alot longer. Because lets remember Biden promised he wants to pause out gas and oil right?

the world no longer has to suffer his idiocy
Yet the world suffers another clown and that's Biden. I am sure the young voters approve of the current gas shortage And incoming crisis which will be likely caused by this current admin.

https://iop.harvard.edu/youth-poll/spring-2021-harvard-youth-poll
A national poll of America’s 18-to-29 year olds released today by the Institute of Politics at Harvard Kennedy School shows that despite the state of our politics, hope for America among young people is rising dramatically, especially among people of color. As more young Americans are likely to be politically engaged than they were a decade ago, they overwhelmingly approve of the job President Biden is doing, favor progressive policies, and have faith in their fellow Americans.

President Biden’s highest approval marks come from young people of color (Blacks 77%, Hispanics 70%), college students (61%), and college graduates (67%). Females (61%) are more likely than males (57%) to approve of his job performance, as are young registered voters (61%) compared to the one-in-five in our poll who report that they are unregistered (55%). Among college voters, Biden’s 63% approval is the highest recorded in the 21-year history of the IOP survey (Bush 61% in 2003, Obama 57% in 2016).

In the March 9-22 survey of 2,513 young Americans, the Harvard Youth Poll looked at views regarding the Biden administration’s first 100 days, the future of the Republican Party, mental health, and the impacts of social media.

In the fall of 2017, only 31% of young Americans said they were hopeful about the future of America; 67% were fearful. Nearly four years later, we find that 56% have hope. While the hopefulness of young whites has increased 11 points, from 35% to 46% -- the changes in attitudes among young people of color are striking. Whereas only 18% of young Blacks had hope in 2017, today 72% are hopeful (+54). In 2017, 29% of Hispanics called themselves hopeful, today that number is 69% (+40).

Less than one year after Barack Obama’s election, 24% of young Americans considered themselves to be politically active (fall 2009 poll). Twelve years later, we find the share of politically active Americans increased by half — and now 36% are politically active. The most politically active among this cohort are young Blacks (41% politically active).

By a margin of 2:1, young Americans expect their lives to become better (40%) under the Biden administration, rather than worse (19%); 25% tell us that they don’t expect much of a difference. We found significant differences based on race and ethnicity.

• Whites: 30% better, 28% worse (net better: +2)
  • Blacks: 54% better, 4% worse (net better: +50)
  • Hispanics: 51% better, 10% worse (net better: +41)
Must be the psychedelics and weed they are on.

I didn’t make some controversial statement.

The economy will be fine. All this “the sky is falling” talk from reactionary right wingers never comes true about democratic administrations.

I don’t remember you making of a stink when Trump was doing his thing ballooning the debt. How’d those trump tax cuts work out? Did they pay for themselves yet?
They worked for me. Corp. Tax rate cut in half.

More proof that the education systems are getting worse and worse

I wonder if any of them know a single thing about the Biden admin

these are your young voters:

Meanwhile China is rising through in education. And while Western kids want to be hm a Youtuber?

Back