• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Turki AlAlshikh wants next UFC card in Q1 2025, women fighters

Definitely a discussion they've had before.

You can see Alalshikh holding Dana to the 'first quarter' of 2025, and no doubt Dana has said "if we're holding a PPV here, we're gonna have a women's title fight on it", so I'd imagine it will be a Championship double header like most of the big PPVs.

Great that both sides agree to it, I'm down for every possible excuse for the UFC to hold a major PPV event!

Dana said in the post fight press conference that the current deal for Saudi Arabia is just for fight night cards, not PPVs. I think if they stay with the level of name value they had for today's card it's not a big deal if it's not a PPV.

Maybe they'd be open to doing women's title fights over there though, even on fight night cards. Flyweight title was last defended on the UFC Noche card, wouldn't surprise me for the other two divisions' titles to eventually be defended on a non-PPV.

Dana said in the post fight press conference that the current deal for Saudi Arabia is just for fight night cards, not PPVs.

Unless Saudi Arabia suddenly decide to pay a lot more money

<JonesLaugh>

Not that I'm invested in it, happy to sit back and watch it play out. Genuinely don't mind.

That they've clearly talked about the plan, and both guys know about the plan, and he's specifically stating two things: a women's fight, and the first quarter of 2025.

Which is what you do when you're both discussing a plan you've agreed on.

I mean, follow the flow of truth, bro.
I don't doubt that they had a discussion prior. But the idea of dana forcing their hand on the womens fight is pure speculation on your part

Turki gonna lead Dana into a room with Donn Davis & force them to make Jones vs Ngannou

Funny....that happened to me when I was living in China. My reaction was similar to Dana's as I recall. I soon found out that a man holding another man's hand is a sincere gesture of friendship in Chinese culture, and others, almost like saying "You are my brother".

Hoping Dana introduces that custom to the UFC, maybe trying it out first on Conor.

Last edited:
Canadian girls kick ass.

Put Gillian, Loopy, and Jasmine on that card. I’d be down with all of that.

Not based, we finally had some cards without this wmma bullshit and now Saudi is even selling out?

LAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMEEEEE.

Definitely a discussion they've had before.

You can see Alalshikh holding Dana to the 'first quarter' of 2025, and no doubt Dana has said "if we're holding a PPV here, we're gonna have a women's title fight on it", so I'd imagine it will be a Championship double header like most of the big PPVs.

Great that both sides agree to it, I'm down for every possible excuse for the UFC to hold a major PPV event!
Truth be told, I reckon they could simply want women's fights on their cards as part of sanitizing their image.

I don't doubt that they had a discussion prior. But the idea of dana forcing their hand on the womens fight is pure speculation on your part

Yes, speculation based on what they said lol

That's why we're discussing the possibilities?

Truth be told, I reckon they could simply want women's fights on their cards as part of sanitizing their image.

Could be, sure.

No women's boxing matches on Fury vs Usyk, though, and they could have insisted on some women's fights tonight if they wanted to...

Back