News Former UFC-fighters Yoel Romero and Thiago Santos collide in Saudi Arabia, Feb. 24

Who wins?

• Total voters
They should both retire. Both are turning into Arlovski-type point fighters in their 40s who still have KO power but won't engage much unless their opponents give them a huge opening. If they stick around, they'll soon start losing to mid-level and below fighter who they would've destroyed in their primes.
Romero at least has some flashes of his old self against guys like Polizzi, but Santos as a signing for PFL always puzzled me. Struggle to see how you'd think there was ever anything left in him post-Glover. At least he's done now.

Reactions: mkt
Santos is pure done. His knees never been the same or will be
He's a walking paycheck collector.
Romero is old. Finally old.

Santos is pure done. His knees never been the same or will be
He's a walking paycheck collector.
Romero is old. Finally old.
Romero still beats most mid level competition though and is still not an easy outing even for high level competition like Nemkov.

Romero still beats most mid level competition though and is still not an easy outing even for high level competition like Nemkov.
Romero's fairly recent fight with Polizzi was impressive. Polizzi is definitely decent, was around 30 years old, and it looked like Romero was a cat toying with a mouse.

I didn't see this fight, and it sounds like it was pretty boring unfortunately, but I think Romero still has a few more left in him. iirc he said he wants to keep going until he's 50, like Hopkins.

Romero's fairly recent fight with Polizzi was impressive. Polizzi is definitely decent, was around 30 years old, and it looked like Romero was a cat toying with a mouse.

I didn't see this fight, and it sounds like it was pretty boring unfortunately, but I think Romero still has a few more left in him. iirc he said he wants to keep going until he's 50, like Hopkins.
Ehh Romero fought the same way Romero fights if his opponent isn't pushing the pace. I think it would have been more exciting if Santos could have been more active but you could really see his knee's were shot in this fight and his mobility was pretty bad. Poor guy spent the whole fight trying to keep his legs under him while Romero kicked the shit out of them.

Back