Media Islam Makhachev officially calls for his next three fights

Glad to hear him talking about LW, I was expecting the usual "I can fight up to HW" trite we get from every champion with ≥1 title defenses
He has zero defenses against LW tho.
I still would love to see Jan vs Usman. Usman asked for it and deserves the living death it'd get him if he ever put his money where his mouth is (was, he's been mute about it lol)

You know some users on here will have a problem with this now :rolleyes:

Factor in multiple pull outs for the pullout queen or ped suspensions for the dirty ped cheat and realistically expect this to be fulfilled by end of 2027.
Did he not say three weeks ago he wanted 170 title shot or he will retire? Or am I trippen

How is justin going to stop islam grabbing and mauling him on the ground? Khabib made him look like a complete rank amatuer on the ground every time he grabbed him. Justin has a fluke knockout chance of winning thats it.
Anyone can get caught

But if he beats Saint Denis and Gamrot...who else would Islam fight at that point?

I think it's super unlikely Poirier beats both Denis and Gamrot. But I sorta agree, I think if Gamrot beats RDA (which he should) he should face the winner of Benoit vs Poirier.

Ideally of course, Arman beats Charles and cements himself as a major threat. And also, ideally Benoit levels up and is able to get through Poirier and maybe Gamrot to be the next and probably last challenge for Islam at Lightweight.

I think Edwards is going to surprise a bunch of you guys against Shavkat.

I agree with you here. I want Shavkat to smash Leon, but I think Edwards has the speed and footwork
to point fight his way to a decision. It would make for awful entertainment, but I believe he could pull it off.

I do feel sorry the poor fella that has to fight Shavkat after his first loss.

i like the sound of that schedule but I'm guessing UFC will push for Abu Dhabi instead of MSG.

I think Edwards is going to surprise a bunch of you guys against Shavkat.
Like Edwards but honestly he’s got a rough year ahead, think Belal is gonna take it to him and that’s not an easy out not to mention Shavkat who’s the best prospect since JBJ and Khabib imo

Responding to your question TS, it sounds like a great lineup of fights. However, The latest announcement is that Islam is NOT fighting and is out with an injury, so let's not get too carried away with how great he COULD be, cuz all we know for sure is : no fight...

Responding to your question TS, it sounds like a great lineup of fights. However, The latest announcement is that Islam is NOT fighting and is out with an injury, so let's not get too carried away with how great he COULD be, cuz all we know for sure is : no fight...
He posted this on twitter after Dana made that announcement, must just be a "injury" cause he's out for ramadan.

This is the good old ”if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is” 😂

He fought in october, he was never going to fight in january or february. March would have been ideal but Dana doesnt want him to because of business reasons we don't know.

You sure about that buddy? Cause he's literally been doing that since 2021.

1705003101487.png

Back