Media Islam Makhachev officially calls for his next three fights

You forgot that training camps normally take 10 weeks, roughly.
You forgot Islam fought in Oct 2022 & Feb 2023. No reason he couldn't have done it again. He had 17 weeks from 294 to 298.

You forgot Islam fought in Oct 2022 & Feb 2023. No reason he couldn't have done it again. He had 17 weeks from 294 to 298.
It's called business. UFC makes the fights not Islam.
And you seriously can't compare Islam to Strickland.

You forgot that training camps normally take 10 weeks, roughly.
no i am not forgetting that. How is sean able to fight in january and islam isn't able to fight in february?

Both have more than 10 weeks plus an entire month.

It's called business. UFC makes the fights not Islam.
And you seriously can't compare Islam to Strickland.

why cant you compare 2 champions? you sound like you'll say anything to defend islam here, when it's just an innocent question why is islam not booked to fight he has 3 viable contenders, is not injured and hasn't fought since october, so again why should there be a fight in june when it could be sooner?

I agree in many ways they cant be compared as sean actually takes high level MW fights.

no i am not forgetting that. How is sean able to fight in january and islam isn't able to fight in february?

Both have more than 10 weeks plus an entire month.

why cant you compare 2 champions? you sound like you'll say anything to defend islam here, when it's just an innocent question why is islam not booked to fight he has 3 viable contenders, is not injured and hasn't fought since october, so again why should there be a fight in june when it could be sooner?

I agree in many ways they cant be compared as sean actually takes high level MW fights.
Because different fighters have different careers, different demands, different relationship with UFC. Different paths.

See you in October Islam.
Sadly, I think you might be right. UFC puts business needs above athlete's wishes all the time. They have done it a few times with Islam previously.

I can see them shelving him until October despite him being willing and ready to fight, thus further wasting his prime.

Islam breaks silence after the injury announcement and makes a 3 fight plan:
-Justin Gaethje in the June 8th PPV
-Winner of Oliviera vs Arman in November PPV.

-"Anyone" in February 2025

View attachment 1022787

Which would make him OFFICIALLY surpass all UFC fighters for most title defenses in LW history.

Hard to see him not being on the usual October Abu Dhabi card, but great to see him at least want to fight 2 times in a year.

You guys think it'll happen?
we heard all before.
Wasn't Conor supposed to fight 4 times last year???

I will believe it when I see it.

Volk got 2 chances at islam belt so he deserves a shot at leon. LW is full of the same guys that khabib mauled and islam already destroyed charles, these guys have nothing to trouble islam ground game. Do people seriously think that justin is going to beat islam when the guy has zero ground game.

Islam wants the top contenders in his own division?!

He must be a coward and not want to fight welterweights!!!! amiright?!

See you in October Islam.
I think even if they want him to fight in October, if he runs through Gaethje he can turn around by October if he gets booked on the June card.

Gives him a solid 4 months of downtime between fights.
Volk got 2 chances at islam belt so he deserves a shot at leon. LW is full of the same guys that khabib mauled and islam already destroyed charles, these guys have nothing to trouble islam ground game. Do people seriously think that justin is going to beat islam when the guy has zero ground game.
Yeah the gaethje fight seems more to stuff his resume with a new name, the arman/oliviera winner is by far gonna be the tougher fight IMO.

Who said you need to have a good ground game to beat Islam?

Who said you need to have a good ground game to beat Islam?
How is justin going to stop islam grabbing and mauling him on the ground? Khabib made him look like a complete rank amatuer on the ground every time he grabbed him. Justin has a fluke knockout chance of winning thats it.

If he sticks to it, very cool. If I don't see him again until October, fuck em honestly.

Glad to hear him talking about LW, I was expecting the usual "I can fight up to HW" trite we get from every champion with ≥1 title defenses

8bxvwr.jpg

He beat Charles, that was impressive. Then he beat the FW champ twice. Great fighter, but a very tiny striker with no KO power even at 145
Now Islam is Nostradamus. Fuck off.
Fight or shut up already.

Yeah i'd say if they ever want a super fight, both Leon and Islam should have at least a few more title defenses or clear out most the division
Leon and Islam both have two more fights before that makes sense in my eyes. After gaethje and Oliveira/arman winner. There’s no one left. BSD can have a good year this year. But I feel like he could wait it out. Leon has Muhammad and shavkat. Two very tough fights. But after that, there’s some contenders like Garry or even an MVP match could come along, but again, it could wait. So both champs defend their belts twice, then Islam could fight for the WW strap in febuary!

Now THIS is what I'd like to hear from him, hespect to Makhachev for this

Back