Media Islam Makhachev officially calls for his next three fights

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Islam breaks silence after the injury announcement and makes a 3 fight plan:
-Justin Gaethje in the June 8th PPV
-Winner of Oliviera vs Arman in November PPV.

-"Anyone" in February 2025

islam.jpg

Which would make him OFFICIALLY surpass all UFC fighters for most title defenses in LW history.

Hard to see him not being on the usual October Abu Dhabi card, but great to see him at least want to fight 2 times in a year.

You guys think it'll happen?

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Third fight would probably be Poirier or Saint Denis (or whoever beats the winner of that fight, probably Gamrot). After that I would be down to see him fight for the welterweight title.

Yeah i'd say if they ever want a super fight, both Leon and Islam should have at least a few more title defenses or clear out most the division
I think it all depends on if Leon can run through Belal and Shavkat(which i fully expect him to lose against Shavkat).

Shavkat would be a total nightmare matchup for Islam, he might hold off on moving up IMO.

Factor in multiple pull outs for the pullout queen or ped suspensions for the dirty ped cheat and realistically expect this to be fulfilled by end of 2027.

You think Leon can hold on to the title that long?

I don't to be honest lol.
Hmm i think Shavkat beats him. Not sure about Belal though. If those guys beat Edwards and defend few times id be down to see them fight Islam too. I don't follow them too closely but i am pretty sure they beat most the top guys in the division?

Back