• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Topuria vs Volk official score

snotflakes

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I feel disappointed that the judges all gave volk rd one. The UFC bends the rules too far for champions, especially seeing how you have to beat any given champ twice to take a title, and you guarantee lose anything that is not complete dominance.

I feel disappointed that the judges all gave volk rd one. The UFC bends the rules too far for champions, especially seeing how you have to beat any given champ twice to take a title, and you guarantee lose anything that is not complete dominance.
Volkanovski clearly won the first round. Not particularly debatable.

Volk won on points, no question. Ilia was busted up after the 1st round, but it was part of the plan.

Ilia wasn't looking to win via decision, he wanted the finish... He was a lot less active than Volk, but that was about looking for an opening to do real damage, and time Volk's movements, which paid off in the 2nd.

Volkanovski clearly won the first round. Not particularly debatable.
I was going to say the same thing. If you go off the judging criteria Volk won round one. And he was winning round 2 until the ko. But that’s what happens with a guy like Topuria he has the ultimate equalizer in those bombs and speed and precision. I think Volk was starting to figure him out in round two and he kind of eluded to that when he said he was landing shots and seeing everything Ilia was throwing in round two. He said he was just about to start really opening up and showing different wrinkles right before the ko. If they rematch, Volk needs to figure out how to keep his back off the fence and not get cornered. He can’t stand in a phone booth and trade he won’t win that kind of fight. Ilia hands are faster and much more boom. Has to be elusive.

You do know the judges =/= UFC, yeah?

He was getting pieced up, back pedaling, and reacting particularly poorly to every strike. The sherdog scores had topuria up one. Volk did nothing of note the entire round. He won based on his status.
Lol I suggest you rewatch the fight, sober this time.

Volkanovski outlanded Topuria 26-15 significant strikes.

I was going to say the same thing. If you go off the judging criteria Volk won round one. And he was winning round 2 until the ko. But that’s what happens with a guy like Topuria he has the ultimate equalizer in those bombs and speed and precision. I think Volk was starting to figure him out in round two and he kind of eluded to that when he said he was landing shots and seeing everything Ilia was throwing in round two. He said he was just about to start really opening up and showing different wrinkles right before the ko. If they rematch, Volk needs to figure out how to keep his back off the fence and not get cornered. He can’t stand in a phone booth and trade he won’t win that kind of fight. Ilia hands are faster and much more boom. Has to be elusive.
I simply don't see it. Aside from a couple flappy body kicks, volk looked scared and stung every time ilia threw. I honestly thought it was an easy round for Ilia, and am shocked at those in agreement. I guess its subjective.

The mma ringer guys did the post fight show and they all said including Ariel that Volk won round one and was seemingly had figured out topuria in round 2. But my question for volk now is his chin completely cracked now? 2 nasty ko’s in a row in a short time can’t be good.

I feel like sometimes when a guy hits clean (Topuria) but it doesn't look like the most damage, then the guy who out works (Volk) takes the round. Even though Topuria keeping up what he was doing was going to land something big eventually.

Back