• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Topuria vs Volk official score

I was going to say the same thing. If you go off the judging criteria Volk won round one. And he was winning round 2 until the ko. But that’s what happens with a guy like Topuria he has the ultimate equalizer in those bombs and speed and precision. I think Volk was starting to figure him out in round two and he kind of eluded to that when he said he was landing shots and seeing everything Ilia was throwing in round two. He said he was just about to start really opening up and showing different wrinkles right before the ko. If they rematch, Volk needs to figure out how to keep his back off the fence and not get cornered. He can’t stand in a phone booth and trade he won’t win that kind of fight. Ilia hands are faster and much more boom. Has to be elusive.

I suspect Top will find another way to win. I think he's more dynamic than he looks, just haven't had to change much on the fly.

I feel disappointed that the judges all gave volk rd one. The UFC bends the rules too far for champions, especially seeing how you have to beat any given champ twice to take a title, and you guarantee lose anything that is not complete dominance.
I feel disappointed that delusional fans exist. They distort reality in favor on whom ever balls they are sucking at the moment, so much so that they waste time posting insanely dumb shit on the internet. Like, he won. Move on.

Volkanovski clearly won the first round. Not particularly debatable.

lol, that wasn't a clear round for volk. it was a very close round, and i'd even potentially give it to ilia due to his power.

I feel disappointed that the judges all gave volk rd one. The UFC bends the rules too far for champions, especially seeing how you have to beat any given champ twice to take a title, and you guarantee lose anything that is not complete dominance.

I clearly had Volk winning round one. Topuria did almost nothing in stretches. Volk won the first half of the round and it was close after that. It wasn't dominant by any means, but it was a clear 10-9 for Volk.

I clearly had Volk winning round one. Topuria did almost nothing in stretches. Volk won the first half of the round and it was close after that. It wasn't dominant by any means, but it was a clear 10-9 for Volk.
I feel like we watched entirely different fights. Volk did jack for 4 minutes

Back