• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What did wolverine mean with "worse of humanity in charge"

When Logan was talking to Charles. He mentioned that in the future, its run by the worse of humanity. We never got to see them. The only people we saw were scientist and few armed guards in what appears to be a prison in the futuristic New York city.

Outside it was buildings that were in ruins and no sign of civilization.

I always wondered what future humans running to the future were like. Did they not have grocery stores, banks and other basic functions, or are these people just scientist and military folks?

It seems like it was never specified the type of people running the future.
It sounds he meant some derranged Mad Max kind of humans

I forget which X Men it is, but there’s a deleted scene where Professor X tricks Wolverine into blowing him.

Reactions: lsa
The thing was that the future was in ruins except a concentration camp for mutants and humans helping them. Besides few guards and scientist, there was no other human beings being in charge.

Even a sadistic dictator would not enjoy that type of future. I mean there is no basic modern amenities. Pretty much building in ruins and everything in pieces.
My thing is too, that any dictator or billionaire that survives an apocalyptic, needs security. Like Zuck built bunker in Hawaii allegedly. You would need some guys doing security. WHY would any security listen to a guy like Zuck at this point when society is broken down and the very concept of money means nothing? I would think that it would be a constant game of the "strong shall survive" underground, and I mean literally, the physically strong. Like his head of security could strangle him and become the new ruler of the wasteland.

My thing is too, that any dictator or billionaire that survives an apocalyptic, needs security. Like Zuck built bunker in Hawaii allegedly. You would need some guys doing security. WHY would any security listen to a guy like Zuck at this point when society is broken down and the very concept of money means nothing? I would think that it would be a constant game of the "strong shall survive" underground, and I mean literally, the physically strong. Like his head of security could strangle him and become the new ruler of the wasteland.
Because teh zuck had bombs implanted on his securities friends and relatives.

I see all the conservatives in here just begging to make this a war room thread as usual.

He was probably echoing what is not exactly a novel sentiment - that those who seek power are rarely the ones who can be trusted with it. That the power itself is a self separating equilibrium by which you can separate the ambitious and evil from the rest of the population simply observing who seeks that power.

Probably the scientist who made Sentinels or the congressman who got it funded.

Yeah but even if they run the world, it would a horrible world to be in charge of.

It sounds he meant some derranged Mad Max kind of humans

I am not familiar with Mad Max but I remember a group of neo cyber punks running around in desert. Dont seem like the type to be able to run the super sentinels.

I agree it would be that type of person but how can they even enjoy life?

Like imagine the people in charge are rich politicians or scientist controlling the super sentinels. Problem is, if you are targeting mutants, human beings who may carry mutant children or grand children + humans that helped them out, that would be ALOT of people and that would destroy the economy and the work force.

We saw it in the future since everything was in ruins. Even if its the strong survives, how can they survive if they are strong but have no idea about agriculture or farming and cultivating food?

It was a great movie but they didn't show enough of the future to see what the "Worse of Humanity being charge" meant.

I just watched second to last episode of 1923, the Yellowstone prequel. Harrison Ford's character cites some African village study or something that concluded if village is small, people talk one on one to work things out, but when the size gets to 500, the stronger ones will take advantage of the others to their own benefit. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Their greed goes unchecked due to feeling like they aren't accountable to anyone and no one will stop them. If someone seeks absolute power, you can bet your rights and property will be in jeopardy no matter how much brown-nosing you do. There will be no such thing as justice, code of ethics, fairness.

Back