Thoughts on the baby leash?

Retarded. Although many children need a leash.

it's a fucking leash. think about that one for a sec.

For twins, I have zero problem with it.

For single kids, it just depends on the kid. Good kids don't need it. Wild asses might need some extra latching to make sure they don't kamikaze out into oncoming traffic.

This here is the right answer.

I personally wouldn't use one. I always thought kids are mean't to explore, but with the way city life is, you'd better leash your kid up.

I don't know why this is PC but spanking a child's bottom out in public is viewed like a criminal act. My respect for parents who do this is instantly lowered. Reminds me of that picture of the dude who let a girl sit on his back while he's on all fours. By golly it's embarrassing.

babyden-black-1.gif

That's where kids train their MMA skills...

It's funny to watch thats for sure especially when the kid is wild.

I managed to keep track of mine without the use of a leash.

Every time I see one in public I can't help but stare like a racist man seeing an interracial couple.

i was leashed but not like in the pic. my leash was attached to my wrist. i was 3 and couldnt figure out how to get it off, it was a velcro strap

I've never seen those leashes in my life, besides in magazines and tv shows.

I guess it's an 'Merica thing.

One of my sons has autism, its recommended, so before you judge do a little more research.

One of my sons has autism, its recommended, so before you judge do a little more research.

That is a completely different scenario. Talking about normal kids. The kids I have seen on leashes did not have autism or anything like that.

This is about the cultural shift in generations and the way kids are raised. Less freedom for kids and more paranoid/fear driven parents.

My mum tried it on me a couple times and she realised I wasn't trying to run away at any point, so she stopped.

The flipside is my dad would just grab my collar or the back of my shirt if we were near a road or busy place. The problem is that he still does it now and I'm 20.

Can you tie the children to a bike rack while you're in 7-11?

In the early 90s I started seeing small children on leashes where I live. It wasn't super common but it did seem to be a trend that was growing. Then one day a woman was on the train with her infant child on a leash and they became separated. Her child was outside the train, she was inside.

I don't think I have to describe what happened next. I have never seen a child on a leash since that day.

Last edited:
This country is a bunch of out of shape lazy pigs. Im surprised they dont have flat screen tvs built into baby strollers so the kid doesnt ever have to have human contact or make any noise

As mentioned, it shows a lack of control by the parents. There are certain cases, mostly around kids with special needs, where I am okay with it, but I see it as just another way for parents to be lazy.

If a parent is in a situation where they do not feel that the kid is safe, they should either pay attention to the kid or go somewhere the kid is safe. Providing a safe upbringing for a child, which includes the awareness to pay attention and/or paying for a sitter when you don't want to take the kid someplace is something I believe you sign up for when you have a baby. If you can't do that, if you are too self absorbed to get off your phone and pay attention to the kid, you shouldn't have a kid.

Back