Punted my neighbor's dog into next week b/c his dog attacked mine

I carry a small sharp screwdriver for such occasions, if ita a dog like a pit who won't care about a kick. A mere kick was warranted and it worked, so yeah you are fine.

I carry a small sharp screwdriver for such occasions, if ita a dog like a pit who won't care about a kick. A mere kick was warranted and it worked, so yeah you are fine.
Wow you're such a tough guy. You carry around a screwdriver in the 1/1000000 chance you get attacked by a dog.

I would feel like a soldier in a war zone. Most dogs were just running around at the beach and the owners walk at some distance behind telling me the dog won't hurt me. But I try to train, not to see what the dog wants and that multiple times.

I live in Spain now and this problem is not here, but in the Netherlands it is. Dogs run around free at the beach and when you train they come to you.
That sucks.

I have been chased while jogging. It is a rather unpleasant experience and particularly annoying when you consider how easily avoidable if the dogs owners just took care and responsibility for their animal.

I started carrying pepper spray when I jog for that reason. Thankfully I have never been in a situation where I had to use it, but I figure that of a dog where to get close enough to attack me, the pepper spray should be a pretty solid deterent, hopefully without actually hurting the dog.

Wow you're such a tough guy. You carry around a screwdriver in the 1/1000000 chance you get attacked by a dog.
It's not "tough guy" at all. Been several pit on child attacks in my neck of the woods and I have kids. My friend Megan was killed by her own xl bullies in the last 3 years and my co-workers 12 year old was mauled by a pit just last year.

They are shit dogs and don't let go even when being clubbed by a baton. Losing an eye makes them yelp and break pretty fast though.

So I have my dog (about 20 pounds) out on a leash on my own front yard/street area. Neighbor's dog (probably 50-60 pounds) out front off leash sprints over and goes nuts at my dog (who tries to get away but can't b/c he's on a leash).....growling, snapping, gets on him from behind (doesn't seem like any actual bites were made). My daughter is holding my dog's leash screaming. I'm yelling at the dog to get out of here. So I punted that dog as hard as I possible could in the ribs. I mean I was like Justin Tucker from the NFL lining up for a 60 yard field goal. I didn't catch it with my toe of my shoe....it was the meaty top part of my foot.

Did I do anything wrong? What would you have done? My only regret is that I didn't kick that thing harder with the toe of my shoe to really dig in there. Fuck him.

2nd to worst part, neighbor yells from down the street - "Sorry about that" - and never says another word or comes and talks to me to see if things were ok. Now my daughter won't take my dog for a walk anymore. I freak out to think what would have happened if I wasn't out there.

You have a responsibility to protect your own critters from lose shit.

The way it goes.

Should have kicked the neighbor, it’s his fault and responsibility.
<PlusJuan>

When you find a bill in your mailbox TS, sent to you from his vet for broken ribs and whatever health issues were left lingering with that dog, but the owner was too cheap to get done, you will wish you kicked that asshole and not his dog

Last edited:
<PlusJuan>

When you find a bill in your mailbox TS, sent to you from his vet for broken ribs and whatever issues were left lingering with that dog, but the owner was too cheap to get done, you will wish you kicked that asshole and not his dog

Hate ANY dog getting kicked, but protecting your own dog matters more.

NO problem with a bill, it's on the owner for not keeping control of his dog, no judge in any court would ever make TS pay.

Hate ANY dog getting kicked, but protecting your own dog matters more.

NO problem with a bill, it's on the owner for not keeping control of his dog, no judge in any court would ever make TS pay.
My point is the dog was not the root of the problem. Shying away from confronting the dickhead owner as mentioned in the op was the reason I posted it

Nah you did the right thing. Might be worth having a chat with the neighbour. You can even be non confrontational about it.

ie had to kick it to save mine sorry mate. Them you can turn that into the daughter being scared and how to make sure it doesn't happen again

So I have my dog (about 20 pounds) out on a leash on my own front yard/street area. Neighbor's dog (probably 50-60 pounds) out front off leash sprints over and goes nuts at my dog (who tries to get away but can't b/c he's on a leash).....growling, snapping, gets on him from behind (doesn't seem like any actual bites were made). My daughter is holding my dog's leash screaming. I'm yelling at the dog to get out of here. So I punted that dog as hard as I possible could in the ribs. I mean I was like Justin Tucker from the NFL lining up for a 60 yard field goal. I didn't catch it with my toe of my shoe....it was the meaty top part of my foot.

Did I do anything wrong? What would you have done? My only regret is that I didn't kick that thing harder with the toe of my shoe to really dig in there. Fuck him.

2nd to worst part, neighbor yells from down the street - "Sorry about that" - and never says another word or comes and talks to me to see if things were ok. Now my daughter won't take my dog for a walk anymore. I freak out to think what would have happened if I wasn't out there.
Nah. It was open season on that shit dog. Generally anything that becomes a threat is open season. Fuck around find out.

Yeah people just don't know how to raise dogs any more. My dog loves other dogs but he's a three year old male (fixed) so he's up for some rough play if the other dog initiates it. He also up for a fight if the other dog initiates that.

The number of people who's dogs initiate a fight and then blame your dog for defending himself is insane these days.

I imagine it's something to do with how everyone and their dogs became shut ins during covid or something.

I also think certain dog owners (*cough* pitbull *cough*) not so secretly want their dogs to hurt other people's dogs so they can feel badass.

I hate that your neighbor put you into that situation, but you have every right and the responsibility to protect your pup. I love dogs and understand why you would second-guess yourself. That doesn't mean you were wrong. You neighbor needs an ass kicking too - for your dog as well as for how he's raised his.

Back