There's absolutely zero reason why this event shouldn't OF happened

I continue to find it amusing that people genuinely think that UFC somehow ranks above every other professional sport in the western hemisphere, the olympics, and the NCAA basketball tournament. Astonishing

Association of Ringside Physicians also called for it not to happen:

"Any combat sport taking place during this global pandemic places the athletes, officials, and anyone else involved in the event under unnecessary risk of infection and transmission of COVID-19," it said in a statement from its board.

"In addition, combat sports athletes often require medical attention after a bout, and we do not wish to see any additional strain on an already overwhelmed medical system."

Fuck outta here with that Governor and all these sweet ass soy boys.
50 people in some closed private mma event is not harming anyone and isn't risking anyone's lives more than they are by fighting in a goddamn cage .

The hospitals being all full and understaffed is overstated AF and a crock of shit. There are hundreds of thousands of hospitals in the states right now being under no extra demand because of covid19. It's nonsense.

Just because there's states with many cases doesn't mean there isn't counties of 200k+ plus people with like 5 cases and literally NO ONE in the hospital from covid19.

Maybe 2 or 3 fighters on average go to the hospital after a card and that's gonna impact the nurses and doctors so much that it'll cause more problems with the pandemic? Bullshit.

Zero reason why this card couldn't OF went down.

EDIT: It's comical how 70% of you just posted on my thread to bash because I used "of" instead of "have", you petty fucks(I capitalized it on purpose). It's called internet slang and I'm more focused on the content of a thread even if that means having a typo or grammatical error here or there. I know some of you are rubbing your hands, just looking for an opportunity to correct another person and feel good about yourself but believe me, I'm well aware , so if you don't want to actually discuss the topic, peace.
It's not internet slang it's just incorrect.

Once you remove all the reasons for cancelling...you're left with...

ZeroReasonsWhy.jpg

50 people in some closed private mma event is not harming anyone and isn't risking anyone's lives more than they are by fighting in a goddamn cage .

The hospitals being all full and understaffed is overstated AF and a crock of shit. There are hundreds of thousands of hospitals in the states right now being under no extra demand because of covid19. It's nonsense.

Just because there's states with many cases doesn't mean there isn't counties of 200k+ plus people with like 5 cases and literally NO ONE in the hospital from covid19.

Maybe 2 or 3 fighters on average go to the hospital after a card and that's gonna impact the nurses and doctors so much that it'll cause more problems with the pandemic? Bullshit.

EDIT: It's comical how 70% of you just posted on my thread to bash because I used "of" instead of "have", you petty fucks(I capitalized it on purpose). It's called internet slang and I'm more focused on the content of a thread even if that means having a typo or grammatical error here or there. I know some of you are rubbing your hands, just looking for an opportunity to correct another person and feel good about yourself but believe me, I'm well aware , so if you don't want to actually discuss the topic, peace.
the content of this thread is shitty because OP is dumb as fuck.
When OP tries to claim he knows better than 70% of the world, we already know he is one more moronic fuckhead who can't think reality.

Instead of piling on about grammar, I will address the content of your post. For there to be “hundreds of thousands of hospitals” in the US under no extra demand due to Covid-19 would be one hell of a trick, considering there’s less than 7,000 hospitals in the US total. My state hasn’t hit the peak yet, and half the hospitals in the state are set to run out of gowns in a week or less. About a third will run out of masks in that same time frame. Do a little research next time.

It will ruin UFC’s image if Dana decide to air it while the world is on lockdown because of the plague.

People will see them as the last one standing that doesn’t give a shit while other sports suspended their games for the sake of their team’s health.

Think about it.

It's "internet slang", ha ha. You mean you're illiterate.

The content****
because the OP*****
When the OP*****
Who's thinking isn't realistic****

Improve your grammar please.

And no one's forcing you stay on this thread, you can simply fuck off if you disagree, or idk, maybe actually give some sensible reason as to why you disagree. That's how a conversation works. Start with grammar though.
LOL
fucking hypocrite .
Don't have a better answer, you you resort to grammar police?

Who wrote "EDIT: It's comical how 70% of you just posted on my thread to bash because I used "of" instead of "have", you petty fucks(I capitalized it on purpose). It's called internet slang and I'm more focused on the content of a thread even if that means having a typo or grammatical error here or there. I know some of you are rubbing your hands, just looking for an opportunity to correct another person and feel good about yourself but believe me, I'm well aware , so if you don't want to actually discuss the topic, peace." ?

On your own words, you are a "petty fuck!"

Sure.
It's sacrificing proper spelling and grammar because the content of what you're speaking about takes precedence.
You've never once had a spelling or grammatical error on an mma forum post or say, a text message?
Give me a break dude.
Maybe I should just lurk on Sherdog correcting people's grammar from now on.
It'd be a better use of your time than posting ignorant bullshit like this.

Thanks.
You're right about the number of hospitals, but most of them being overcome with covid patients is overstated and not true.
On average, about 2 fighters from each UFC event need medical attention at a facility to get stitches afterwards and whatnot. I honestly don't see how that'd overwhelm the medical system. However, now I know that about 1/3rd of the testing is inaccurate, so that is a big red flag for sure.
The biggest problem to me, along with suspect testing accuracy, is the probable number of asymptomatic carriers walking around. From what I’ve read, it’s likely there are anywhere from three to ten times as many cases as there are positive tests. That makes it very hard to contain, especially when some people are not taking recommended measures seriously.

LOL
fucking hypocrite .
Don't have a better answer, you you resort to grammar police?

Who wrote "EDIT: It's comical how 70% of you just posted on my thread to bash because I used "of" instead of "have", you petty fucks(I capitalized it on purpose). It's called internet slang and I'm more focused on the content of a thread even if that means having a typo or grammatical error here or there. I know some of you are rubbing your hands, just looking for an opportunity to correct another person and feel good about yourself but believe me, I'm well aware , so if you don't want to actually discuss the topic, peace." ?

On your own words, you are a "petty fuck!"

Lmao. Well played.
I didn't start this, I just wasn't aware at how keen Sherdog was on grammar like no one on here has made a mistake before. Now, Grammar Nazism it is and we'll see how others like it.

I don't like your tone sir.
But yeah, you are 100% right. Fighters are probably as much as risk if not more of getting COVID by going to COSTCO. Fighting in a controled environment with a minimum of attendance shows no risk whatsoever that could justify cancellation of such a needed event for the sake of our mental health.

This cancellation suck!
This is the way that every single one of us should be thinking. People on here are pathetic.

Yep, the fighters have been trainning with their trainning partners for months and if the UFC was gonna provide testing for the fighters and the staff then there was no reaso for all the hysteria, there are more chances of them getting Corona during a grocery run than in a controlled everyoment.

Stopped reading at "soy boys". OP is clearly stuck in 2017 and isn't aware that there is a lethal pandemic all over the globe here in 2020.

Back