There's absolutely zero reason why this event shouldn't OF happened

Lmao. Well played.
I didn't start this, I just wasn't aware at how keen Sherdog was on grammar like no one on here has made a mistake before. Now, Grammar Nazism it is and we'll see how others like it.

Well, I don't correct others. I speak 6 languages and with that, I make mistakes in all of them equally. ;)

However, that does not change the fact that you speak out of reality.
It is ok to want something.
But when the whole world is doing something and you feel everyone missed something, it is likely you who missed the obvious...

We got a flat earther

Only on sherdog.

Obviously there is no reason,
Eddie.

50 people in some closed private mma event is not harming anyone and isn't risking anyone's lives more than they are by fighting in a goddamn cage.
Any extra risk is, mathematically, more risk. So yes, it is more risky.

The hospitals being all full and understaffed is overstated AF and a crock of shit. There are hundreds of thousands of hospitals in the states right now being under no extra demand because of covid19. It's nonsense.
Hospitals are full and understaffed. Other hospitals not having extra demand doesn't mean the first hospitals aren't.

Just because there's states with many cases doesn't mean there isn't counties of 200k+ plus people with like 5 cases and literally NO ONE in the hospital from covid19.
Are you referencing the specific area they would fight in as one with 5 cases? Are you aware of incubation periods? The area it takes place in doesn't matter. The fact is, it would be transferred back, asymptomatically, to any location every event attendee came from.

Maybe 2 or 3 fighters on average go to the hospital after a card and that's gonna impact the nurses and doctors so much that it'll cause more problems with the pandemic? Bullshit.
You are aware of what the threat of an spreading pandemic is, right? It's the spread part. It's not the fighters at the event. You seem to have a major misunderstanding of what the whole medical recommendations are and what flattening the curve is.

Last edited:
TS: I’m intentionally being dumb. You fucks just don’t get it!

Stopped reading at "soy boys". OP is clearly stuck in 2017 and isn't aware that there is a lethal pandemic all over the globe here in 2020.
It's not that bad though, he says so, he clearly knows what he's talking about because he shows his advanced intellect and thirst for knowledge in every post.
You're just a soy boy cuck who kud of just iggyed this thread but had 2 say ur peace dint u?
You dont no innernit slang, so dont speek, kthanxbyeeee.

Ts you dumb fuck, you failed to realize that you’re dealing with Humans. Humans who are stupid and imperfect. Humans who live in society—you know, where other people are involved. (Yes, humans do not live in caves where they only get themselves sick). So yeah you think there’s nothing wrong with 50 humans in one place (and you know a couple of them are going to scratch their butts and touch a door handle right after), who will eventually have to go back to their homes and communities where children and elderly are. You stupid fuck. I hope you never have to make decisions for other people.

you don’t understand how things work. You don’t understand anything about public safety or policy surrounding it. You fucking idiot.

Ts you dumb fuck, you failed to realize that you’re dealing with Humans. Humans who are stupid and imperfect. Humans who live in society—you know, where other people are involved. (Yes, humans do not live in caves where they only get themselves sick). So yeah you think there’s nothing wrong with 50 humans in one place (and you know a couple of them are going to scratch their butts and touch a door handle right after), who will eventually have to go back to their homes and communities where children and elderly are. You stupid fuck. I hope you never have to make decisions for other people.

you don’t understand how things work. You don’t understand anything about public safety or policy surrounding it. You fucking idiot.
I hope they dont go get groceries, gas or go to a pharmacy. Stop being obtuse.

Well, I don't correct others. I speak 6 languages and with that, I make mistakes in all of them equally. ;)

However, that does not change the fact that you speak out of reality.
It is ok to want something.
But when the whole world is doing something and you feel everyone missed something, it is likely you who missed the obvious...
6 languages? That's really cool man, what languages? I only speak two.

You maybe right but I honestly believe with all of the UFC's resources, and experience, that with the proper precautions, they could've still had this event. The UFC was planning to do so, so I guess I'm not the only one "out of touch with reality".

Its about control. The people have already bought into the hysteria

Fuck outta here with that Governor and all these sweet ass soy boys.
50 people in some closed private mma event is not harming anyone and isn't risking anyone's lives more than they are by fighting in a goddamn cage .

The hospitals being all full and understaffed is overstated AF and a crock of shit. There are hundreds of thousands of hospitals in the states right now being under no extra demand because of covid19. It's nonsense.

Just because there's states with many cases doesn't mean there isn't counties of 200k+ plus people with like 5 cases and literally NO ONE in the hospital from covid19.

Maybe 2 or 3 fighters on average go to the hospital after a card and that's gonna impact the nurses and doctors so much that it'll cause more problems with the pandemic? Bullshit.

Zero reason why this card couldn't OF went down.

EDIT: It's comical how 70% of you just posted on my thread to bash because I used "of" instead of "have", you petty fucks(I capitalized it on purpose). It's called internet slang or simply just making an error because I'm more focused on the content of a thread even if that means having a typo or grammatical error here or there. I know some of you are rubbing your hands, just looking for an opportunity to correct another person and feel good about yourself but believe me, I'm well aware , so if you don't want to actually discuss the topic, please just leave.

Extending the same logic there should be no lockdowns...

Mods, can we just get these threads moved to the wasteland?

The thought process of these inbreds is astounding.

6 languages? That's really cool man, what languages? I only speak two.

You maybe right but I honestly believe with all of the UFC's resources, and experience, that with the proper precautions, they could've still had this event. The UFC was planning to do so, so I guess I'm not the only one "out of touch with reality".

English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French and Hebrew.

But I disagree with you.
Same as you are out of touch with the rest of the world, greedy Dana is out of touch with ALL the major leagues (NBA, NFL, NHL, NASL, etc). Heck, even Soccer in Brazil, Italy, UK, Spain... all countries that Soccer = or > that religion stopped.
You can't compare UFC with them.

Anyways, your assertion is just wrong.
Most fighters might be fine. Even if they catch it, they will probably be asymptomatic. However they have parents. They all train with trainers that are older. They have sparring partners. It only takes one of them being asymptomatic and infecting a fighter for all fighters in that card getting it as well.

And there are a lot more complications you are not thinking of.

One card takes 8 - 10 fights (let us say no early prelims).
That's 16 - 20 fighters.
Each brings 2-3 cornermen with them (that's around 40 people)
Add cutmen
Add referees
Add ring girls
Add judges
Add commentators (there are invariably 3 in English, plus more for other languages).
Add Cameramen, Sound people, etc.
you got (at least) around 100 people. That's without anyone watching (and you know Dana and plenty of others will be there).
The ONLY way I could see this done, is if they would quarantine everyone 2 weeks prior and then 2 weeks after the event. (yes, all those 100+ people, locked in rooms somewhere, away from their families just to feed to Dana's ego). You would have to feed them, and cater to them for a full month... Can you imagine the cost? And I just don't see Greedy Dana paying for all of that but ther thing is, I also don't think that all fighters, trainers, referees, judges, etc would accept that as well.

So this means the quarantine won't happen, which means they will simply be tested. But if ONE test is wrong (and I heard they have around 20% of a chance of being wrong) and you can have someone infecting virtually all of them.
And let me explain why it is bad.
I am still working ("essential" employee). Now, I don't mind catching it. I am in good health and have absolutely no health issue. But sure as hell, I walk with gloves and put a mask on like a good boy and do you know why? Because I have two kids.
And while they are 100% healthy kids as well (thank goodness), I will not risk the 0.1% of a chance that one of them may have complications. I could not forgive myself if this happened because I did not do the absolutely best I could to avoid it.

And if this happens to ANY of those 100+ people involved in a card that could have been avoided, UFC will surely be sued to hell and back... and they will lose.
And why? because greedy fucking Dana wants to have a card put in a time where public gathering is being banned, outlawed.

Sorry, there are absolutely no excuses for it.
Heck, I could understand (but still disagree) if Tony & Khabib was still up. But I would think that common sense would prevail... or at the very least, they would have only that fight (which I think anyone would pay 60 bucks to see). But an alternate card just because Dana wants to do something that should be forbidden?
Sorry, I see absolutely no fucking reason to do something like that.

Last edited:
So what we've established with this thread is that you should always do what other people do. Be a follower, never lead. These fights could have been put on safely, period.

I don't think it was cancelled because of health concerns.

It will be about optics and politics.

Even if you could guarantee no issues it wouldn't matter.

Fuck outta here with that Governor and all these sweet ass soy boys.
50 people in some closed private mma event is not harming anyone and isn't risking anyone's lives more than they are by fighting in a goddamn cage .

Zero reason why this card couldn't OF went down.

EDIT: It's comical how 70% of you just posted on my thread to bash because I used "of" instead of "have", you petty fucks(I capitalized it on purpose). It's called internet slang or simply just making an error because I'm more focused on the content of a thread even if that means having a typo or grammatical error here or there. I know some of you are rubbing your hands, just looking for an opportunity to correct another person and feel good about yourself but believe me, I'm well aware , so if you don't want to actually discuss the topic, please just leave.

thats cool. maybe you should call up dana and offer to host the event in your backyard so we can save this card

Right now the USA has 3 times the amount of cases than any other country in the world, the most deaths of any country, the most serious or critical condition than any other country, and it is growing as each day passes by. By the time this event would happen you are looking at another additional 20,000 - 30,000 dead in the USA.

Yeah, I think they did the right thing.

Back