Shouldn't Edwards vs Muhammad be a HUGE event?

RockyLockridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If Edwards vs Muhammad took Place in the O2 Arena in london how would that NOT be a major attraction?

Edwards is from the UK so there you have a hometown champion, Then you have an incredible dense Muslim population in London, who will certainly support a guy named "Belal Muhammad".

North American's may not care because lets be honest, both fighters are terribly boring both in and out of the cage. Most of us see this as an inevitable title fight we dont even care to see, just want them to fight and get it over with so we can see shavkat fight for the title.

But in the UK, This fight would have all the makings of being a massive event.

Why isn't it discussed as a huge fight with lots of earning potential?

If Edwards vs Muhammad took Place in the O2 Arena in london how would that NOT be a major attraction?

Edwards is from the UK so there you have a hometown champion, Then you have an incredible dense Muslim population in London, who will certainly support a guy named "Belal Muhammad".

North American's may not care because lets be honest, both fighters are terribly boring both in and out of the cage. Most of us see this as an inevitable title fight we dont even care to see, just want them to fight and get it over with so we can see shavkat fight for the title.

That is true, it should be set in the UK then and not UFC 300. Idk if it would be huge, but it would lean more into a crowd that have their own guys to root for.

We are so deprived for MMA here in the UK.

Fights outside of nightclubs get about 300 spectators, so I'm sure you could fill the O2 with a Belal Muhammad/Leon main event.

Just chuck Paddy on the card against his nan and the casuals with their stupid wigs will fill the place

A little bigger than their first fight that most don’t remember

Leon is boring as fuck in and out of the octagon!

We are so deprived for MMA here in the UK.

Fights outside of nightclubs get about 300 spectators, so I'm sure you could fill the O2 with a Belal Muhammad/Leon main event.

Just chuck Paddy on the card against his nan and the casuals with their stupid wigs will fill the place
Well, you guys got a couple of moves. you could molly mccan fight some slag, There is Arnold allen, he's coming off 2 losses, maybe he takes on Ige or something. Do Paddy vs Dober or Moicano something like that lower top 15 thing, you got alright UK card that should move the needle.

Leon is boring as fuck in and out of the octagon!
I said exactly that in my post lol

People prefer rude kickboxers. Rude fighters in general, but if they stand and bang it’s even better. Leon and Belal fought already and few even remember it happened.

People prefer rude kickboxers. Rude fighters in general, but if they stand and bang it’s even better. Leon and Belal fought already and few even remember it happened.
well it ended quick via an eyepoke there wasn't a lot to go off.

Most people forget stephens and Yair fought twice For the same reason.

I don't know - does Edwards and Belal usually draw good #'s when they fight?

Probably not, but infront of a pro UK AND a pro Muslim Crowd I definitely think it maximizes their drawing potential at least for gate. PPV probably does terrible sales state side though.

Feels like fans are becoming a bit too picky. Title fights are becoming more gimmicky because of name value.

Personally I think Belal is championship caliber and could win but he has practically no fans or hype. He dominated Burns and Brady back to back but is still dismissed as an elite talent. I’m actually shocked Shavkat hasn’t already been announced as the next challenger.

It would fill out the arena but the ppv buy rates would suffer. It doesn't seem like the UFC is interested in having any title fights outside the US except for the UAE.

Just get the damn fight over with, if it is sooooo awful.

If the UFC had just put it on UFC 300 from the start, and then built the card around it, I bet fewer people would be complaining. They might cry at the lack of a *crazy* headline fight, but the card would still be stacked and fans would be happy enough.

Edwards vs Belal is not worth it for UFC 300, both their styles and personality are pretty boring and neither is particulary likeable nor well known and the worst thing is that everybody know the fight will suck.

Belal has Ali as his manager correct? If so he should try to get amicably released ala Corey Anderson if he doesn't get his title shot next. PFL would suit him well imo.

Back