News Belal Muhammad confirmed as backup fighter for Leon vs. Colby (UFC 296)

Belal Muhammad is willing to do whatever it takes to get his shot at UFC gold, including weighing in as a backup fighter for the UFC 296 main event between Leon 'Scissorhands' Edwards and Colby 'Creamy' Covington.

UFC CEO Dana White has previously stated Muhammad would receive a welterweight title shot after extending his unbeaten streak to 10 fights with a short-notice win over Gilbert Burns at UFC 288 in May. His expectation is he will fight the winner of Saturday’s championship clash between Edwards (20-3 MMA, 12-2 UFC) and Covington (17-3 MMA, 12-3 UFC), but he’s leaving nothing to chance.

“They just hit me up Friday, asked me if I’m willing to weigh in for next week,” Muhammad told MMA Junkie. “I think obviously they know Colby and Leon are the two most inactive welterweights in the division. Neither of these guys likes to fight. They’re both good at running. So just to be on the safe side, they called the dude that always steps up whenever needed.

“For me, I was training this whole time regardless just in case something happened,” Muhammad said. “The last two main events on the pay-per-views both got canceled, but since my last fight with Gilbert Burns, I took that one on short notice and I was like, ‘I never want to get out of shape like this again.’ Because I was so bad before that fight and it was the hardest fight cut ever. So I knew I had to be a professional from then on. Never getting big like that again.”

Source

I 100% GUARANTEE ...Colby pulls out if Leon cant fight and Belal steps in..

Calling it now... ain't no way Colby fights Belal hahahah

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Colby were to drop out and they replace him with WB and offer Belal a fight with Shavkat lol

Lmao sneaky UFC only coming to him with this proposal now instead of months ago. Just in case he has to take the fight they want as less chance of possible for him a victory.

The Vegas mob learned this trick from the Yakuza.

After that presser, no backup fighter is needed.

Leon will be going all out to try and silence Chaos for good.

Reactions: HHJ
Lmao sneaky UFC only coming to him with this proposal now instead of months ago. Just in case he has to take the fight they want as less chance of possible for him a victory.
They have to reward him for stepping up and being ready. Enough is enough

Back