Shouldn't Edwards vs Muhammad be a HUGE event?

Im not trying to defend Colby. I am and surely not a fan.

What I AM saying is getting all riled up and hyped for Belal Muhammad is essentially pointless.

He is already way too old, his fights are boring, he’s incapable of getting finishes. It’s just modern day Jon fitch pretty much.

UFC just keeps screwing up because Dana is a gambling addict. He keeps giving the “boring” fighters endless contenders to fight instead of title shots, hoping they’ll take a loss. Instead it backfires constantly.

Which means there good fighters and deserve and earned there title shot..

This is a sport and in sports its not always the most popular team that gets to take home the trophy..that is the beauty of sports actually...

You cant just talk the talk and get title shots ( colby looking at you) ..you need to win .. and Belal is doing that...a wins a win ...

I like the fight and it certainly would be a bigger deal in the UK. Crazy how it could easily be made for 300 but they don't want the massive let down.

UFC would sell similar numbers no matter who is fighting when in the UK just due to lack of options... But Leon Edwards could walk from one end of the country to the other and have people recognise him probably half a dozen times. He doesn't have a big fan base and I can see very few people going to a UFC event to watch Belal Muhammad who wouldn't already but a ticket just because UFC was in town. I don't think this would be huge at all, the Baddy fighting a UFC debutant would get more hype and sell more tickets than those 2 combined imo

Simple logic would say do that fight in the UK. Which they might.

If it was Bellator it would happen in Omaha, Nebraska

The UK is starved of MMA events so it really doesn't matter who is on the card it will sell well regardless. Especially if Leon is on the card.

Should have Aspinall v Pereira in Manchester.

Fuck London.

Being part of a certain Religion isn't going to automatically give you a fanbase. Muslim fans probably only care about Khabib and Islam. Neither guy is marketable, and they never will be. The only way you can become a star with no personality is if you completely destroy your opponents. Both guys are tacticians that have no problems of doing the minimum to secure the win, which is technically the smart thing to do but won't ever win you over the fanbase unless you have a marketable personality.

Back