Shouldn't Edwards vs Muhammad be a HUGE event?

Colby's last 3 wins are an 0-2 Masvidal, an 0-2 Woodley, and an 0-2 Lawler. The last time he beat anyone not on a losing streak was was 5 years ago. Belal is on a 9 fight win streak with 3 top 5 wins. He's on a better UFC run than Colby has never been at any point in his career. Belal should have been fighting for a title 2 years ago. What's funny is Colby has a worse UFC record at this point.
I think Colby just tried to avoid burning himself out while he waited for Usman to lose. He became dedicated to the easy road.

It cost him everything now. I hope more fighters are paying attention. If you want to become champ, you cannot seek out the easy path.

Leon himself aint a draw and Belal clearly doesnt help, to say the least. This fight would make more sense as a co-main event, headling Aspinal defending his belt. It could even help these guys get some name, specially if its not boring

If Edwards vs Muhammad took Place in the O2 Arena in london how would that NOT be a major attraction?

Edwards is from the UK so there you have a hometown champion, Then you have an incredible dense Muslim population in London, who will certainly support a guy named "Belal Muhammad".

North American's may not care because lets be honest, both fighters are terribly boring both in and out of the cage. Most of us see this as an inevitable title fight we dont even care to see, just want them to fight and get it over with so we can see shavkat fight for the title.

But in the UK, This fight would have all the makings of being a massive event.

Why isn't it discussed as a huge fight with lots of earning potential?
The biggest fight to make in the UK would be Liam vs Noel.

-99s

If Edwards vs Muhammad took Place in the O2 Arena in london how would that NOT be a major attraction?

Edwards is from the UK so there you have a hometown champion, Then you have an incredible dense Muslim population in London, who will certainly support a guy named "Belal Muhammad".

North American's may not care because lets be honest, both fighters are terribly boring both in and out of the cage. Most of us see this as an inevitable title fight we dont even care to see, just want them to fight and get it over with so we can see shavkat fight for the title.

But in the UK, This fight would have all the makings of being a massive event.

Why isn't it discussed as a huge fight with lots of earning potential?
You said it yourself these guys are boring. People are indifferent to Leon and dislike Belal

That fight would not carry a big card by itself unless they created drama.
As a co-main or something it would be okay.
I understand that Belal has earned it but purely as a fan I'm more interested in seeing Shavkat v Edwards since Shavkat finishes everyone.

It's a good idea for the O2 arena AND Leon still owes Belal a rematch as far as I'm concerned. He should have given it to him immediately instead of waiting for the inevitable because the Belal we have now is champ material imo

I honestly don't get the hate that these guys get.
They are both proven winners, and they're both on long win streaks...so why the hate?

4329729c0c7ed4ded6313c9e7d5d8f43.gif

A "huge event" typically means PPV, not live gate. The gate is like 10% of the revenue for a big event.

Back