The case for a #1 contender fight

hswrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Usman had a very good performance against khamzat that he should have won (According to me and many others)

That is one good performance against a top tier fighter.

Shavkat has wins over neal, magny and wonderboy
Ian Garry has wins over neal, magny, and MVP
Jdm has wins over burns and Holland

Imo these three have a similar resume.

Shavkat haven't found since 2023 while Garry and jdm have remained active. Imo they should fight each other for the #1 contender

Usman had a very good performance against khamzat that he should have won (According to me and many others)

Jdm and shavkat haven't found since 2023 while Garry has remained active. Imo they should fight each other for the #1 contender
JDM found in March of this year.

Shavkat haven't found since 2023 while Garry and jdm have remained active. Imo they should fight each other for the #1 contender
dude ... fuck Garry... couldn't finish Magny couldn't finish MVP, and Split against Neal... No... Just No.... as a Karen would say...
Maddalena has splits against Holland and Hafez... Meh...
Shavkat has 100% finish rate.... and WAY ahead of the other two just for that... they should worship the ground he walks on frankly...

Why Shavkat hasn't fought since 2023 has nothing to do with him, you can't help what you can't help. He's obviously next in line and will be fighting Belal next.

Shavkat is next but the Usman 0-3 is way overblown. He's 0-2 against Leon and a super short notice loss at MW doesn't mean shit. Given he has 5 defenses at WW he probably only needs one high profile win and UFC will give him a shot.

Usman just lost 3 in a row, and at best could have got a draw out of the Khamzat fight. Him getting a title shot would be worse than Stipe or Adesanya at this stage.
Ian Garry just won by lnp without landing a single strike against MVP.
It's Shakvat by an absolute mile.

Usman is crap … even Garry could probably outpoint him in another boring fight

It’s shavkat by a long shot … if he must fight again , only JDM or Garry makes sense and we know he wins those

Nobody wants old ass boring Usman in another title fight

Shavkat is up next. Given that Usman was as dominant as he was for as long as he was, that he still looked competitive against Khamzat and that the only WW to figure him out is no longer champ I don't begrudge him a #1 contenders fight against either JDM or Garry.

WW is such a joke. I swear Woodley is probably still ranked in the top 15 considering how little the division has moved on since then. Beating a 40 year old one-dimensional fighter who fought for the belt 8 YEARS AGO should not warrant a title shot. Who's next in line, RDA? Maia?? <lmao>Easily the most overrated division in the sport and it has been for a good while

Once JDM was out of the Perth card a #1 contender fight should have been booked asap - The Sphere or SLC card, then the winner could have fought Belal round Feb. Unfortunately both wanted to sit out and angle to get put into a title shot right away. Given what title fights UFC have been making lately I think it's 50/50 on who will get it.

Once JDM was out of the Perth card a #1 contender fight should have been booked asap - The Sphere or SLC card, then the winner could have fought Belal round Feb. Unfortunately both wanted to sit out and angle to get put into a title shot right away. Given what title fights UFC have been making lately I think it's 50/50 on who will get it.

Well the UFC already offered Shavkat a title shot, it's just that October was too soon for Belal. I bet it will end up happening in December / January.

Usman needs a win. Shavkat too for being idle so long. But if desire to book a title match soon then Shavkat ahead of Usman and no one else clearly ahead of Shavkat.

Shavkat had a blown tendon in his foot before the WB fight, and he still did something nobody (including Burns) could do...and that was submit WB.
He had surgery after that fight.

Garry had a terrible showing against Magny, and pretty much ran to a weak decision win vs Neal...and lets not forget him holding on to MVP for dear life.

JDM broke his arm, got surgery, and then he got a bad bone infection and he got another surgery.
He'll be out for a long time.

So yeah, Shavkat deserves the title shot since he is undefeated and has a 100% finish rate.
If he doesn't deserve it, literally nobody does sir.

Should've won? Maybe if it was 5 rounds he could've but that's not what happened. Usman got 10-8'd in round 1, he has no case to have won that fight. Best he could've gotten was a draw.
I will add that he got 10-8d in R1 and then he knew he needed a KO or submission to win and didn't try anything to do that, he tried to prevent the grappling and didn't try any combo on the feet
People can say it was short notice but can't say he won this fight

Nah, usman should have to fight two minimum. The time for him to get inserted into a no 1 contender fight at WW has passed, the champ already fought twice since fighting usman the division has moved on. Shavkat gets nextshot, JDM and garry fight for next shot. Usman should fight wonderboy or MVP and if he wins that, then an eliminator would be fine against Belal shavkat loser.

Why Shavkat hasn't fought since 2023 has nothing to do with him, you can't help what you can't help. He's obviously next in line and will be fighting Belal next.
He was supposed to fight JDM at 305 in perth.

but why? If JDM vs Shavkat can't happen why make shavkat fight anyone else?

Back