Tax filings reveal Biden cancer charity spent millions on salaries, zero on research

Pretty much the modus operandi of wealthy elites to avoid paying taxes.
Create a dummy charity investing in some dummy project, never fund said project. Profit.

Pretty much the modus operandi of wealthy elites to avoid paying taxes.
Create a dummy charity investing in some dummy project, never fund said project. Profit.
lol this is not even remotely close to what happened.
The Bidens are not billionaires and they were using their name to drum up support for cancer research and get good press for themselves, not hide some huge financial windfall. The people who financially benefitted from this were consultants and employees getting nice salaries for doing work on cancer initiatives.

Charities are still mostly corrupt shitshows, but this was not a financial tax evasion scheme like some.

I remember a story of a woman that got a job as CEO of some nonprofit and she wanted to work for 100k or so and they insisted she get 500k-1M.
CEO Salaries are set by the board.

Looks like Biden took a page out of the Clinton playbook by having a bogus charity whose purpose is to pay off friends. I wonder what would have happened if this came out a few weeks ago?

https://nypost.com/2020/11/14/biden...-millions-on-payroll-zero-on-research-report/

A cancer charity started by Joe Biden gave out no money to research, and spent most of its contributions on staff salaries, federal filings show.

The Biden Cancer Initiative was founded in 2017 by the former vice president and his wife Jill Biden to “develop and drive implementation of solutions to accelerate progress in cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, research and care and to reduce disparities in cancer outcomes,” according to its IRS mission statement. But it gave out no grants in its first two years, and spent millions on the salaries of former Washington DC aides it hired.

The charity took in $4,809,619 in contributions in fiscal years 2017 and 2018, and spent $3,070,301 on payroll in those two years. The group’s president, Gregory Simon, raked in $429,850 in fiscal 2018 (July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019), according to the charity’s most recent federal tax filings.

Simon, a former Pfizer executive and longtime health care lobbyist who headed up the White House’s cancer task force in the Obama administration, saw his salary nearly double from the $224,539 he made in fiscal 2017, tax filings show.

Danielle Carnival, former chief of staff for Obama’s cancer initiative, the Cancer Moonshot Task Force, who took home $258,207 in 2018.

The charity spent $56,738 on conferences and $59,356 on travel that year. The following year, the travel expenditure swelled to $97,149, and the non-profit spent $742,953 on conferences, tax filings show.
But under grants distributed, it listed zero.

Simon had said that the main point of the charity was not to give out grants, and that its goal was to find ways to accelerate treatment for all, regardless of their economic or cultural backgrounds.

Biden headed up the Cancer Moonshot Task Force when he was veep after his son Beau died of a brain tumor in 2015. After leaving office, the Biden Cancer Initiative sought to continue such efforts to provide “urgent” solutions to treating cancer, according to a 2017 press statement announcing its launch.

SEE ALSO
Biden introduced Ukraine exec to VP dad: emails
The Bidens stacked the board with leading oncologists and celebrity cancer survivors, including musician Jimmy Gomez from the Black Eyed Peas.

After only two years, the charity “paused” its operations when Biden and his wife stepped down for Joe Biden’s presidential run.

Although the organization is still officially active, according to the IRS, Simon said in a 2019 interview that without the Bidens at the helm, the charity lost its edge.

“We tried to power through but it became increasingly difficult to get the traction we needed to complete our mission,” he told the AP in July 2019.

Neither Simon nor Biden could be reached for comment last week.

it’s fkn disgusting and it needs to end. The ones who think they run shut don’t want it to, of course, and if they wave a buttsex flag and lie some magic words they have a new bunch of moron fruitcake sycophants pushing fir their interests from the bottom now.

But but Cnn says trump was waaaaaaay baaadder than the establishment people deeeeerp.

Corrupt Corn Pop.
lol this is not even remotely close to what happened.
The Bidens are not billionaires and they were using their name to drum up support for cancer research and get good press for themselves, not hide some huge financial windfall. The people who financially benefitted from this were consultants and employees getting nice salaries for doing work on cancer initiatives.

Charities are still mostly corrupt shitshows, but this was not a financial tax evasion scheme like some.
No, this was not tax-evasion but just your regular D.C. way of helping out a few friends, proper Old Boy front-office shit.
It's not illegal but just ugly and inefficient as fuck, borderline corrupt.

All politicians are scum bags. Congrats for being exposed Biden.

No to both.
  • It’s not really a “cancer research charity.” Obviously if we want to ever have a cure, or make big leaps in the care that cancer patients receive, then research is key. But plenty of people are suffering from the other things they mentioned: excess bureaucracy, outdated systems, lack of information sharing, etc. Those issues need to get tackled as well.
  • This is nothing like Bannon. Biden Initiative is extremely up front about the fact that they don’t give grants. It took me about 7 seconds to find that information. So the fact that they aren’t doing a thing they never claimed to do isn’t a scandal. It’s just NY Post being shit. Bannon made explicit promises as to how the funds he received were being used, which were total lies. That’s fraud.

Its not a charity at all, dude. That's the point.

And lol at being up front that it is a complete scam after being caught. Like I said, good thing they have the vast majority of the media to cover for them

This is the first time I have ever agreed with you. Charity is another way to say Scam.
there's a lot of goobers in this thread i've never agreed with before. glad we can all come together on this one issue.

Well... At least this wasn't as bad as what he and Hunter did in their Quid Pro Joe Ukraine extortion.

Biden is the most evil, racists and morally bankrupt POTUS in history. 64M dead and alive voted for him.

If only tears were votes..........

there's a lot of goobers in this thread i've never agreed with before. glad we can all come together on this one issue.
I was originally fooled by charities. Then I read about all of the money Bill Gates donated that could have solved every problem in the world ever invented.

Bill Gates' billions didn't feed people worldwide but my 2 bucks a month will solve everything. Yeah..... No.

I was originally fooled by charities. Then I read about all of the money Bill Gates donated that could have solved every problem in the world ever invented.

Bill Gates' billions didn't feed people worldwide but my 2 bucks a month will solve everything. Yeah..... No.
if you wanna get real mad, read about bono's "ONE" charity that was all over TV in the early 2000's

Corrupt Corn Pop.

No, this was not tax-evasion but just your regular D.C. way of helping out a few friends, proper Old Boy front-office shit.
It's not illegal but just ugly and inefficient as fuck, borderline corrupt.
I mean if the people who got paid did not actually do any tasks as were described by the mission statement of the 501C3, then yes that's corruption.
lol @ feigning a political aneurysm over a former vice president launching a cancer imitative that paid some dude with 20 years of relevant experience, with cancer himself and prolly richer than Biden, a few hundred K salary to be an exec at a cancer initiative the year after Biden's kid dies of cancer.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/18/us/politics/biden-names-leader-for-moonshot-cancer-campaign.html

but hey, scumbag poor dumb bozo party on the sherboard as usual, which is the perfect demo for the NY Post.

There are tons of legitimate reforms that need to be made to the tax and compensation scams that go on with charities across the country. Real issue 100%. This "article" is a pathetic fake concern.
Nobody, the Bidens included, will deny they dumped their affiliation with this particular charity and that it potentially floundered thereafter once he ran for president.
And I don't even fucking like Biden lol and will be happy to criticize him now that he is in office if he does a bunch of corporatist bullshit.

Honestly private charities soups be banned. They are just tax dodges and places that hire the elite's children

CEO Salaries are set by the board.

That's fine, but silly to pay someone more than they want when they are looking for less money because it is a nonprofit organization. That is a problem with charities and boards.

That's fine, but silly to pay someone more than they want when they are looking for less money because it is a nonprofit organization. That is a problem with charities and boards.
Well she'd be welcome to donate her salary back to the charity, but without more specificity about the case, this sounds like some nonissue legal or accounting concern.

Its not a charity at all, dude. That's the point.

And lol at being up front that it is a complete scam after being caught. Like I said, good thing they have the vast majority of the media to cover for them
“Up front after being caught”?? What are you talking about? The sources I posted were from 2018 and 2019, before the NY Post article. And they weren’t caught doing anything, that’s my point. For NY Post to act like not giving grants is a “gotcha” when they don’t even give grants, is just shitty dishonest journalism—and it’s done on purpose.

It’s perfectly reasonable to ask why so much of their money goes to salaries, and look at if they’re being wasteful, etc. I totally agree that this seems very wasteful. But don’t act like it’s a scam when donations don’t go to things that they already state they don’t do. That’s just common sense.

Well she'd be welcome to donate her salary back to the charity, but without more specificity about the case, this sounds like some nonissue legal or accounting concern.

Tried to google the story. Only found stuff about how women CEO working for nonprifits don't get paid as much as men. It was from a while back.

In any case the anecdote was about how useless and wasteful management people are in nonprofits or any company for that matter.

Trumptards suddenly outraged by this, but completely silent when their Dear Leader did the same thing but far worse

Back