So when is this Heavyweight title situation gonna be resolved?

Fucking strip Jones and get this shit moving again. I’m tired of this wishy washy nonsense.

This is exactly what should happen.

We're coming up on 14 months since Jones last fought, with no scheduled fight...and Stipe last fought (in a stoppage loss) over three years ago, with his last win in 2020. Clinging to the idea of Jones-Stipe being a legit HW title fight is beyond ridiculous.

Let Jones and Stipe have their so-called legacy fight whenever they are both ready. In the meantime, crown Aspinall undisputed and let him fight the next in line (or make Blaydes and Gane fight ASAP to determine who is next in line).

UFC can really be a clown show with its titles and matchmaking.

I do believe the fight won't happen. I think Jones and Stipe are too inactive, and injury prone (jones is now that he's older and from abusing steroids)

jones also won't risk losing his undefeated record to anyone else, this is one final record pad and it's not gonna happen because it's a farce

I think Aspinall beats Blaydes this summer, then Jones gives up the belt and retires, making Aspinall official champ with 1 title defense

that's my prediction, not at all a certainty

Jones is still recovering from his injury, at least 1 year to recover then another year to get into fight shape and promote the fight

Won't be until early 2026 at least before we see the Stipe fight

Jones is gonna get his big payday against the significantly older and retired stipe, and then ride off into the sunset. Everybody knows this, and none of us really consider jones the champ at this point because of it. I actually think he smashes Aspinall, but it doesn't matter if he refuses to fight him.

it won't be until Jon demolishes Stipe and then officially retires, allowing the stagnant division to progress again. assuming jones fights later this year and retires, we'lll see the HW division resume sometime in 2026. total garbage, total politics, total revisionism, total wolf tickets/marketing/hype, the UFC has lost all credibility. the best no longer fight the best, the ones they prop up fight the matches they like to give the aura of a truly competitive market. the cream no longer rises. it's too bad, but predictable. in an era of losing stars, losing names, they will hold onto ones they think still resonate, despite horrendous actions outside of the cage. i do not care about PED accusations, but yall know the rest. this is what they are banking on. an uneducated mass casual market completely unaware, inundated with headlines after headlines, and will clinch to social media narratives propagating what ever false views are out there. jones the greatest MMA fighter ever of all time. just ignore, or glorify actually, that terrible stipe match up. do you want to be a fucking promotion?????

The HW division is weak and has no draws so Dana White is going to treat the division accordingly. And to be quite frank with you I can't really blame him sadly. It will be business as usual once Stipe/Jones is over.

The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is with the UFC making Tom Aspinall defend the interim belt. So much disrespect.

I believe Dana is plotting for Poatan to fight Aspinall for the belt but Jones needs to have a retirement fight too. Dana knows he can promote Poatan as a "once ever" guy if he moves up and wins.

When it happens, then you'll know

I believe Dana is plotting for Poatan to fight Aspinall for the belt but Jones needs to have a retirement fight too. Dana knows he can promote Poatan as a "once ever" guy if he moves up and wins.
Aspinall is also a guy he can market you know.

Goes to show the difference in character between Jiri and Jones. Jiri vacated the title the moment he was injured, Jones on the other hand has no problems hogging the belt while campaigning to fight a washed up Stipe. UFC should've stripped Jones in the beginning of the year and promoted Aspinall to undisputed champion.

At this point, Stipe is a hologram like Tupac at Coachella. if Jones needs to beat him for legacy, then he also needs to beat Henderson, Wandy and Liddell. The big joke here is that Jon, who is NOT washed, moved up to HW to not fight Ngannou or Aspinall, the two fighters (at the time, and now) who could actually challenge his goat status. For an absolute savage killer, he is going out like a total pussy. Let him do whatever he wants. I'm glad people are finally starting to come around on this fiasco.

Back