Opinion So what about what is going on in Canada making my eyes burn in Massachusetts?

Hopefully the arsonists will be on the receiving end of some harsh sentences.

FyD5w0KWIAAyjAu

https://www.westernstandard.news/ne...cle_d1b2002e-03b4-11ee-a186-13afdb8ce6ce.html

I love how all the people in the comments on that site all think it's a Muslim invasion like it's still 2002.

When that propaganda was so good they're still puking it out 20 years later.

<Dany07>

isn't it being pinned on El Nino?

Pales in comparison to the plagues of mumble rap, identity wars, NKOTB and Jerry Springer you've unleashed on us.

And what about Celine Dione and Beeber! The amount of mental anguish caused by those two is indescribable.

Harvest more trees. Lumber will be cheap. Less fuel in forests. New, young green trees replace old trees. Let people use wood burning stoves for heat. Harvest old wood for heat. Clean dead trees.

Imagine the scale before people had the ability to put them out!

speaking as someone who worked a wild land fire before, our ability to "put them out" is sketch at best. Contain probably is a better word for it. It's a fuck ton of work and it is extremely hard to fully contain them at scale. Even then they are just burning themselves out after there is nothing left to burn or spread to.

There's a lot of different elements involved. Certainly hot, dry conditions make lighting more prevalent and make it easier for fires to spread.
all I keep thinking is that the scene just looks like Gorse fires which are pretty common around the UK/Ireland. Same apocalyptic/silent hill vibe but common enough to be accepted as normal.

Everybody who's blaming climate change for these fires needs to stop being lazy and actually look up what the weather has been like for the past couple months in Eastern Canda.

They've had so much rain it's been flooding!

I'm not saying that climate change can't lead to more fires, but in this case it's definitely not the cause.

speaking as someone who worked a wild land fire before, our ability to "put them out" is sketch at best. Contain probably is a better word for it. It's a fuck ton of work and it is extremely hard to fully contain them at scale. Even then they are just burning themselves out after there is nothing left to burn or spread to.
Youre not wrong!

Everybody who's blaming climate change for these fires needs to stop being lazy and actually look up what the weather has been like for the past couple months in Eastern Canda.

I'm not saying that climate change can't lead to more fires, but in this case it's definitely not the cause.

Just to reiterate for anyone who didn't see my correction in the other thread, see the link below.
As we began to shift into spring, conditions across Canada were significantly variable in April. Exceptionally high precipitation was reported across the Central Region of Canada with large portions of Ontario and southern Quebec reporting more between 100 to 150 mm. Short-term dryness continued in Atlantic Canada with monthly precipitation deficits of more than 60 mm and 3-month deficits now over 100 mm for much of the region. Precipitation deficits persisted in parts of the Prairies, especially northern agricultural areas of Alberta and Saskatchewan. Both long-term and short-term precipitation deficits have led to continued drought impacts despite recent snowmelt. In British Columbia, a number of atmospheric rivers brought substantial rainfall to the coastal regions improving drought conditions, however Moderate Drought (D1) continued across much of the southern portion of the province due to both short-term and long-term precipitation deficits and related impacts.

At the end of the month, 34% of the country was classified as Abnormally Dry (D0) or in Moderate to Severe Drought (D1 to D2), including 61% of the country’s agricultural landscape. There was no Extreme or Exceptional Drought (D3 or D4) reported this month.

https://agriculture.canada.ca/en/ag...an-drought-monitor/current-drought-conditions

Eastern Canada is huge and the rain is not applied uniformly. It wasn't flooding everywhere. It is also temporary and dries out fast when it is hot.

For sure the fires should not be so large and so numerous so early in the wildfire season, and for sure heat records are being obliterated. From my understanding the snow cover and resulting melt usually delay the really bad fires until later but this has obviously not happened all across the country. I know farmers here are hurting with so little precipitation going back to last summer. The ground is like a sponge that sucks up the moisture from the winter and releases it when it is inevitably hot and dry in the summer. It's not clearing, raking, power lines or any of that shit it is this basic system nature has established not having the things it needs to function properly.

Just got an Alert for a smoke warning in the Netherlands. Looks like everyone wants to play.

You should focus on clearing out your own nuts.

Pretty sure your last election was between a guy who wants to fuck his own daughter and a guy who wants to sniff and fuck other people's daughters. You might want to stay home and work on some shit.

Hey stupid wtf are you talking about? Please oh please tell me what the hell is up your ass cause you can kiss mine. Don't be shy now you lippy clown, name names, who pray tell do you think was in my countries last election cause I've never heard a thing about any of them wanting to fuck their daughter or sniff and fuck other peoples.
Got the balls to answer tough guy? I'll assume your upcoming silence to be an admission of your low IQ posting ability

Hey stupid wtf are you talking about? Please oh please tell me what the hell is up your ass cause you can kiss mine. Don't be shy now you lippy clown, name names, who pray tell do you think was in my countries last election cause I've never heard a thing about any of them wanting to fuck their daughter or sniff and fuck other peoples.
Got the balls to answer tough guy? I'll assume your upcoming silence to be an admission of your low IQ posting ability

Literally you right now:

crying-snowflake.gif

What an idiotic statement.

I literally live here and you're completely wrong.

What kind of chickenshit picks a fight and then won't even clarify what he's trying to fight about?

Come on man name one of the people who ran in my countries last national election. Memes but no brains or what?

Back