Opinion So what about what is going on in Canada making my eyes burn in Massachusetts?

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Wild fires in Canada first started burning about a few weeks ago have become a US problem with potential to be running amok for months to come freak my eyes feel it even in my house. Seriously this is a problem and is affecting 100 million or more in the US some elderly could potentially end up in the hospital or dead. Never seen anything like this experts say this is the result of lack of rain and snow as well as higher then normal temps. But this could become a worldwide problem with climate change causing weather patterns to change and worsen areas that are poorly planned for this dramatic change.

230606-National-Oceanic-Atmospheric-Administration-ew-722p-0403dc.jpg

"
Millions of people in the eastern U.S. woke up Wednesday to another day of hazy skies, as smoke from wildfires in eastern Canada continues to waft over much of the country.

An air quality advisory remains in effect for several regions of New York, with monitoring stations in most parts of the state measuring pollution levels considered unhealthy for sensitive groups, and stations in the Eastern Lake Ontario, Central and New York City metro areas measuring air quality levels considered unhealthy for anyone, as of Wednesday morning.

Health officials advised limiting strenuous outdoor activity "to reduce the risk of adverse health effects," and Gov. Kathy Hochul recommended that New York school districts cancel outdoor activities."

It's so bad in my area it feels like 7:30 at night not 4 pm.

Wild fire is bad stuff if it is large scale.
In 2022 th large scale wild fires were in Siberia.
Easy to see from sattelites....damn huge scale stuff...

Reactions: PEB
Wild fire is bad stuff if it is large scale.
In 2022 th large scale wild fires were in Siberia.
Easy to see from sattelites....damn huge scale stuff...
The other problem is people in the states are like oh well not really my problem and Canada like remote areas where there is not much equipment to fight it.

+ in Siberia in some areas not only trees and bushes....also peat...:( in large areas...

For example in Siberia where is peat layer it might be from 15 inches till 30+ft...
If it starts to burn it is slow process and more difficult for firefighters to deal with than with fire in trees...
President Putin is more busy with war in Ukraine so he doesn't have time to devote his attention to this problem.

NYC mayor Adams is advising everyone to stay indoors
https://www.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...ms-on-deteriorating-air-quality-new-york-city

----
NYC Mayor Adams, health commissioner warn New Yorkers to mask up as air quality dips to worst since 1960s
New York City warning people who must be outdoors to wear a high-quality mask like an N95, a KN 95 or a CF 94

"The fine particulate matter in the air can get into people's lungs, cause inflammation and worsen conditions like asthma, chronic lung disease, or underlying heart conditions" Vasan said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-mayo...new-yorkers-mask-air-quality-dips-worst-1960s

Every American in those North East states could sue Canada for mental anguish, hurt, pain, injury and inconvenience.

I dunno man rumor has it that if you sherdog for too long, your palms get hairy, your eyes burn & turn homosex.

you're a 2004 member so......

kidding.

this was my living room as of 2:15pm earlier today

jGejbTu.jpeg

western MA here, i didn’t know what was going on until i stopped at a convenience store yesterday and the clerk gave me the scoop. assumed a local business was doing some brush-burning as is common around here. the scenes in new york city are horrific.

I dunno man rumor has it that if you sherdog for too long, your palms get hairy, your eyes burn & turn homosex.

you're a 2004 member so......

kidding.

this was my living room as of 2:15pm earlier today

jGejbTu.jpeg
<{dootch}>

Billions of US dollars to the Ukraine, how about send a couple billion worth of bodies and equipment to Canada to battle something that is visibly and directly affecting US citizens health and well being?
Send them to clear out the fire and make a pit stop in Ottawa to clear out some of the nuts there on your way through.

Shit is orange here in NY. Eyes burning, people getting asthma attacks and headaches. They may postpone Yankees game.

Every American in those North East states could sue Canada for mental anguish, hurt, pain, injury and inconvenience.
Pales in comparison to the plagues of mumble rap, identity wars, NKOTB and Jerry Springer you've unleashed on us.

Back