Rumored So Bedal is still not the sure fire next title contender at WW?

Fuck politics.

when you have all sports federation in the world that have public fundraisers for an eastern European country in war and suspend all fighters who have a word of compassion for another occupied country that we shall not speak the name of then it's hard to completely ignore it.

At least that's the way it has been in European football for the last two years.

To be fair and to their credit the UFC has resisted that pressure up to that point

Edit: I removed name of countries as I understand that the heavies is not meant to be political. If my comment is still not fully acceptable for this forum then feel free to remove it. It's a thin line to navigate so no complaint on my part

He probably deserves a title shot depending his winning streak. But on the other hand: who really wants to see him fight a main or co-main event? UFC is always at night in my part of the world and I wouldn´t spent the money AND my sleep at night to see Belal.
No way, sorry Belal.
May be he should put on some changes to his style and is getting some more exitement out of me. But for this exact thing he seems way to old to get that going. I´m sure not till he has to retire.

Belal has 3 top 5 wins on his current streak.

Guys have fought for the belt with no top 5 wins.
Although I understand we want to incentivize finishes, we also should definitely want MORE to incentivize fighters taking challenging fights because of the risk it represents.

And there are very few, if any, contenders in the history of the UFC who have risked their spot as much as he has.

Last edited:
when you have all sports federation in the world that have public fundraisers for an eastern European country in war and suspend all fighters who have a word of compassion for another occupied country that we shall not speak the name of then it's hard to completely ignore it.

At least that's the way it has been in European football for the last two years.

To be fair and to their credit the UFC has resisted that pressure up to that point

Edit: I removed name of countries as I understand that the heavies is not meant to be political. If my comment is still not fully acceptable for this forum then feel free to remove it. It's a thin line to navigate so no complaint on my part
I refer you to my previous comment sir ;)

Quoting Till, a guy that couldn't hack it in the UFC...good one smh.
Well Till burned him on twiter not me - so i cant take the credit. If you want my opiniom on TIll - overrated fighter and i dont like his antics but he has his moments (trolling Mike Perry and Belal)

Although I understand we want to incentivize finishes, we also should definitely want MORE to incentivize fighters taking challenging fights because of the risk it represents.

And there are very few, if any, contenders in the history of the UFC who have risked their spot as much as he has.
He is boring but he does deserve a title shot. There is one problem that no one is talking abaut. He was geting picked apart against Leon - the NC from eypoke was a blessing in disguise. Fair enough it was a short notice fight and things might be diffrent in a rematch but i doubt Dana thinks otherwise

He is boring but he does deserve a title shot. There is one problem that no one is talking abaut. He was geting picked apart against Leon - the NC from eypoke was a blessing in disguise. Fair enough it was a short notice fight and things might be diffrent in a rematch but i doubt Dana thinks otherwise
Short notice and short fight. I think people really should rewatch it, because this narrative has grown insanely.

It was a single round, which is way too low of a sample size to judge how 5 will go. In that love five minutes: Belal got rocked once and recovered weirdly; Leon managed to do one eye poke already before his finishing touch in round 2; and zero watchers scored it a 10-8, so the way people game come out like Belal might well have lost is just insane to me

I think due to UFC 300 being one of those historical event cards the UFC likes to put together Belal was way less likely to be asked to fight unless he was like the 3rd or 4th billed fight and they don't have a card that stacked to put him on it. Besides Edwards will sell much better on a UK card.

They should just give him to PFL or One FC

Short notice and short fight. I think people really should rewatch it, because this narrative has grown insanely.

It was a single round, which is way too low of a sample size to judge how 5 will go. In that love five minutes: Belal got rocked once and recovered weirdly; Leon managed to do one eye poke already before his finishing touch in round 2; and zero watchers scored it a 10-8, so the way people game come out like Belal might well have lost is just insane to me
Yeah i said fair enough - short notice fight. I watched the fight he was geting rocked with nothing coming back Leons way. Thats my POV - and i dont think he has anything for Leon. Once again he deserves it, but they gona skip him for Shavkat or Khamzat.

I think he will get the next title shot, but they didn't want to use it for UFC 300 main event because they floated that idea already months back.. and people were outraged saying UFC 300 is a huge let down and worse than a usual standard PPV

People have short memories, lots of people were complaining on here and twitter and youtube etc etc.

I think he will get the next title shot, but they didn't want to use it for UFC 300 main event because they floated that idea already months back.. and people were outraged saying UFC 300 is a huge let down and worse than a usual standard PPV

People have short memories, lots of people were complaining on here and twitter and youtube etc etc.

That makes sense if the plan was to delay the fight.

That doesn't make sense if they offered Leon 3 alternatives instead.

Well Till burned him on twiter not me - so i cant take the credit. If you want my opiniom on TIll - overrated fighter and i dont like his antics but he has his moments (trolling Mike Perry and Belal)

When your 'moments" as a pro fighter is trolling a couple of fighters....you suck at fighting lol.

I think for the 300 card they needed a better opponent than Belal to draw interest. Plenty of other spots to put it.

Extremely disrespectful of Dana & co to ignore Belal, who clearly deserves the next title shot.

They're doing him dirty.
He did it to himself too.. he's brings all the excitement of Finch or Askren (with no where near Askrens mic abilities). Yes it's a sport but also a business you got to be able to sell and Belal is buy rate kryptonite.

Khaz, Islam, and Masvidal were asked . Shavat wouldn't of even been asked with his injury . Belal Dana is trying to avoid as him winning wpuld really suck business wise. At least Edwards brings the UK fans.

Back