Rumored So Bedal is still not the sure fire next title contender at WW?

So pretty much Dana's first comment in the post conference after the numbers is praising Leon for saying yes to 3 fights for 300, Ariel reported last week that one of the many fights the UFC was trying to make was Leon vs Khamzat, so as crazy as it seems the UFC is still not set on giving Betal his TS, Dana did say they are trying to make 2 more fights for 300 so Leon vs Beval could be one of those but dude is pretty much the last pick to get a title fight at WW which seems insane to me.

Hopefully Merab has better representation working for him since he might be in the same position.

Dana specifically said Leon will not be on UFC 300. They had 2 more fights to put on 300 but Alex vs Jamal was one of them so just one more.

I have to wonder what options were put forward for Leon? If it was Belal then it would have happened so what is possible?
Do we have to assume they were all WW title defenses? No way they offered Leon a MW title fight or just a Non Title fight against a random MW?

Khamzat at WW was mentioned as possible by Helwani. What else could it have been?

Help me understand the cry here.

3 people were offered the fight and 3 people said no!!

Is your argument that Belal was NOT one of the three and that’s insane?!? Appears your argument is that he was one of the three, which would mean he was offered the fight and he turned down the fight!!

So help me understand your bitch about this. He turned it down!! What’s insane if he turned it down?!?
I didn't hear anything that indicated Belal was offered a title shot at UFC 300 and turned it down. I can't imagine that being remotely possible unless Belal has some injury that is so bad he can't even train for 3-4 months. Based on what Dana said in the post fight I am at a loss as to who they could possibly have even offered? Khamzat was thrown out apparently by Helwani but who and what else?

I'm assuming belal and Islam were both offered the fight and both turned it down because of Ramadan.

Possibly khamzat as well.

*edit, dang.. ufc really hates that guy... he's at least 4th in line for a title shot.

Probably offered Mas the fight but he can't make 170 any more amd Colby is still hurt.

Shavkat couldn't go?

Seems like ufc would rather give Sean Brady a title shot over him.

Him being boring is part of it but UFC and its viewership skew right and his pro Palestine stance doesnt help. Especially with a Jewish CEO running the parent company.

He does deserve the shot though. Even as a hater its pretty much impossible to deny it. Might as well book him on a lesser PPV and hope Leon beats him, which I think he would anyway.

Does he deserve the title fight? Probably. But in the words of Darren TIll if he was figthing in my backyard i woud close the curtains down.Give him Colby - so i can NOT watch that fight aswell.

Does he deserve the title fight? Probably. But in the words of Darren TIll if he was figthing in my backyard i woud close the curtains down.Give him Colby - so i can NOT watch that fight aswell.

Quoting Till, a guy that couldn't hack it in the UFC...good one smh.

Belal should get his shot, this shit is ridiculous at this point.
Shouldn't matter whether Dana "likes" him or not unless of course he wants to blow him.

Other than that the kid deserves his shot.

there's obviously some politics at play here

Back