News Robelis Despaigne vs Waldo Cortes-Acosta set for UFC St. Louis on May 11

Who wins?

• Total voters
Not sure why they're putting 2 Potential Prospects against eachother when the division is so shallow.

Dominica vs Cuba. Good matchmaking if they want Despaigne fast tracked, which they obviously do.

I love it. Waldo is a solid step up but also highly unlikely to take it to the ground so a good slugfest while lasts. Not sure who I think wins but the UFC are clearly hoping to strike while the iron is hot with Despaigne who's no spring chicken

Why not!

Not sure why they're putting 2 Potential Prospects against eachother when the division is so shallow.
They are both pretty old. May as well find out who is better.

If Despaigne can't beat Cortes-Acosta then he isn't the prospect we hoped he is. If he can, he announces himself as a contender in only his second UFC fight.

Last edited:
They are both pretty old. May as well find out who is better.
I mean Waldo is 32 and Robelis is 36 which isn't TOO old for heavyweight.
Especially when 2 of the 4 best fighters at the top of heavyweight are nearly 40 or over 40 IMO.
I think they need all the potential prospects they can get lol.

I mean Waldo is 32 and Robelis is 36 which isn't TOO old for heavyweight.
Especially when 2 of the 4 best fighters at the top of heavyweight are nearly 40 or over 40 IMO.
I think they need all the potential prospects they can get lol.
I think they have already pegged Cortes-Acosta as a middling talent. This matchmaking is all about Despaigne IMO.

They should have just chucked him in there with Tai or one of the Tafa bros. Waldo is just going to try and wall and stall him

St. Louis will be completely shut down !
Hopefully Nelly is there

Back