Pre-fight Discussion UFC Fight Night 23: Ankalaev vs. Walker 2 Sat. Jan. 13 4pm ET ESPN+

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Happy new year everyone!

The UFC returns Saturday with its first card of the new year. UFC Fight Night 234 "Ankalaev vs. Walker 2" also known as UFC Vegas 84. Though it may not be the most amazing card on paper it is free and there are sure to be some great fights. Which ones are you most anticipating? Care to provide any predictions, breakdowns or previews? How is the new year for you so far?

The floor is yours. Please keep it civil. Enjoy!

UFC Fight Night

Saturday 01.13.2024 at 04:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
Ownership: Endeavor
Venue: UFC Apex
Enclosure: Octagon
MMA Bouts: 12

Joshua Van (9-1) vs. Felipe Bunes (13-6)
Nikolas Motta (13-5, 1 NC) vs. Tom Nolan (6-0)
Westin Wilson (16-8) vs. Jean Silva (11-2)
Farid Basharat (11-0) vs. Taylor Lapilus (19-3)
Marcus McGhee (8-1) vs. Gaston Bolanos (7-3)
Matthew Semelsberger (11-6) vs. Preston Parsons (10-4)
Andrei Arlovski (34-22, 2 NC) vs. Waldo Cortes-Acosta (10-1)
Phil Hawes (12-5) vs. Brunno Ferreira (10-1)
Ricky Simon (20-4) vs. Mario Bautista (13-2)
Jim Miller (36-17, 1 NC) vs. Gabriel Benitez (23-10)
Matheus Nicolau (19-3-1) vs. Manel Kape (19-6)
Magomed Ankalaev (17-1-1, 1 NC) vs. Johnny Walker (21-7, 1 NC)

Shillan and Duffy: UFC Fight Night 234 Preview​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email
BEN DUFFY KEITH SHILLAN JAN 8, 2024 COMMENTS
Keith and Ben are back to kick off 2024 with a preview of UFC Fight Night 234 "Ankalaev vs. Walker 2," also known as UFC Vegas 84, with detailed predictions and picks for all 12 fights. Conversational sidetracks...well, there are a lot, including a random dad rock gag that ended up dominating the second half of the show. You're welcome, or we're sorry, depending on how you much you like Skynyrd.

Joshua Van (9-1) vs. Felipe Bunes (13-6)
Nikolas Motta (13-5, 1 NC) vs. Tom Nolan (6-0)
Westin Wilson (16-8) vs. Jean Silva (11-2)
Farid Basharat (11-0) vs. Taylor Lapilus (19-3)
Marcus McGhee (8-1) vs. Gaston Bolanos (7-3)
Matthew Semelsberger (11-6) vs. Preston Parsons (10-4)
Andrei Arlovski (34-22, 2 NC) vs. Waldo Cortes-Acosta (10-1)
Phil Hawes (12-5) vs. Brunno Ferreira (10-1)
Ricky Simon (20-4) vs. Mario Bautista (13-2)
Jim Miller (36-17, 1 NC) vs. Gabriel Benitez (23-10)
Matheus Nicolau (19-3-1) vs. Manel Kape (19-6)
Magomed Ankalaev (17-1-1, 1 NC) vs. Johnny Walker (21-7, 1 NC)
IN!
glaring-upside-down.gif

Preview: UFC Fight Night 234 Prelims​

Cortes-Acosta vs. Arlovski​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email

TOM FEELY JAN 10, 2024 COMMENTS

The Ultimate Fighting Championship on Saturday kicks off its 2024 schedule with UFC Fight Night 234, which hits the UFC Apex in Las Vegas with a surprisingly solid preliminary slate. Former heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski makes his 41st appearance inside the Octagon in the featured spot against the once-beaten Waldo Cortes-Acosta. Further down the card are some entertaining bantamweight bouts: Farid Basharat and Taylor Lapilus are rising talents who could turn a win into a charge up the rankings, while a pairing between Marcus McGhee and Gaston Bolanos should be an all-action affair. It all opens up with some top prospects. Australian lightweight Tom Nolan was a standout on the 2023 edition of Dana White’s Contender Series and makes his Octagon debut here, while flyweight Joshua Van looks to reaffirm his status as one of the most electric young martial artists in the sport.

Now to the UFC Fight Night “Ankalaev vs. Walker 2” prelims preview:

Im so pumped for this card, I just looked at it and I like a lot of the fights. This is like back when fight cards were less often. I like it better with fights every weekend but once a year it's nice to have this anticipation
My boy is in a two day wrestling tourny, lots of stud wrestlers at this tourny, it's gonna be fun to watch. I'm gonna be so combat sports overloaded starting Friday and I can't wait. I'm smoking some beef ribs in freezing weather Saturday to have something special for the main card

Back