Pre-fight Discussion UFC Fight Night 23: Ankalaev vs. Walker 2 Sat. Jan. 13 4pm ET ESPN+

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship throws open the curtain to 2024 on Saturday with UFC Fight Night 234 and a return to the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The main event, a light heavyweight rematch between Magomed Ankalaev and Johnny Walker, straddles the line between necessary and unnecessary. Ankalaev seemingly had a win well in hand before their previous encounter ended in a no contest. Beyond that, there are some excellent pairings. A flyweight co-main event matching Matheus Nicolau with Manel Kape and a bantamweight showcase pitting Ricky Simon against Mario Bautista are well-made fights with high stakes in two of the UFC’s deepest divisions. Plus, it is always nice to see Jim Miller back in action, as he makes his record 43rd trip to the Octagon against Gabriel Benitez. Mix in a compelling bout involving eternal prospect Phil Hawes to round it all out, and this looks like a tight five-fight table setter for UFC 297.

Nice mix of veterans like Arlovski & Miller along with younger phenoms with much to prove. Interested in seeing how Walker changes up his game plan - he kinda has to in order to win. Look forward to the Simon vs. Bautista fight and the co-main as well.

Intriguing matchups throughout. I'm stoked after the seemingly long layoff.

So excited to get the fight year started @BroRogan
giphy.gif

Jim Miller is fighting but he's supposed to be on 300? Hopefully nothing happens because of this fight that prevents him from being on that one.

I wanna see Walker get a spectacular KO or club-n-sub & then call out Pereira. With Hill & Izzy recovering I think Walker makes for the funnest defense for Pereira. Unless they actually put him in an Interim HW fight vs Tom.

Apparently Ank has a limp ?

I hope so.

I was considering skipping this but a) just found out its a 9pm UK start, 3am finish; b) having looked at the card again, there isn't a single WMMA fight and 80% of them look like finishes on paper. Doing some work in the office til around 7pm I think, prepping for an interview, but should be able to be home, fed and stocked up on booze for the kickoff.

Back