News Rizin Dying

They had some good moments wasn't what I really hoped for but still want them around Japanese mma needs it.

Bellator only signs Slavic Russians, have you ever seen a Chechnyan/Azer /dagestanian fighter during the last events in Bellator?

It's political yes but there is a reason why they are doing events in Israel
Which reason exacty?
Being Arabs? Dagestani/Chechnyans are not Arabs.
Being Muslim? Bellator has already Bulaid, Adjoudj, Bouarsa, Mukhidinov (a Tajik), ...
I don't think they've any problem

Which reason exacty?
Being Muslim? Bellator has already Bulaid, Adjoudj, Bouarsa, Mukhidinov (a Tajik), ...
It’s about management. Almost all Dagestani fighters are represented by Abdelasleaze. He funnels his fighters to either UFC or PFL. Bellator also used to have a good relationship with the Rusfighters gym/group back in the day. Abdelasleaze famously poached one of their fighters a few years back.

Which reason exacty?
Also manager of Tofiq is Kirill Medvedovsky (I'm prety sure he is citizen of Israel and lives there).

Also manager of Tofiq is Kirill Medvedovsky (I'm prety sure he is citizen of Israel and lives there).
Everything that Kirill is tweeting shows a re-signing with Rizin. I'm not sure who else he manages.

I'm guessing the tournament winner's contract (140k USD bonus money) had a contract extension included. If the fighter didn't re-up with the promotion, no bonus money would be paid. Tournaments are supposed to create stars, so a fighter leaving right after winning would be worthless, so such language would make sense. Tofiq didn't sign the contract and never received the bonus or Rizin didn't send the contract during COVID because they didn't want to pay out the money during a time of no events. Tofiq was set up to fight in the middle of April, he was on the event poster. I'm assuming the 140k bonus is similar money compared to the purses of Mikuru, Tenshin and Horiguchi.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know about that. Before Pibull he beat 3 UFC guys there in Rizin. He is legit.

The thing is, he is not even worth 25/25 if we are honest. He is from Azerbayan and UFC fans don't follow Rizin that much or even consider it a big promotion like Bellator. PFL and ACA champions are having shit results in UFC so his belt doesn't mean much. Regional champions in UFC get 12/12 contracts and can sell tickets for being "local guys" in some US events, UFC is never going to go to Azerbaiyan. So he sells even less than that. Is not about how good he is, his worth is what he sells, and that ain't much.
This sums up the shitty state mma is in.
Its not about the best vs the best, its about the moron with the highest social media followers vs the losing streak big mouthed shit talker.
Ufc killed mma.

Its not about the best vs the best, its about the moron with the highest social media followers vs the losing streak big mouthed shit talker.
Ufc killed mma.
A perfect example of this is night's co main event of Mike Perry vs Mickey Gall. The UFC has conditioned fans to like this kind of fight. Is Mickey Gall even a top 200 welterweight? I wouldn't even feel save putting him there. Mike Perry isn't anything special either, maybe a Phil Baroni type.

Ufc killed mma.
New to fight sports? It’s always been about popularity. Your avatar is proof of that.

New to fight sports? It’s always been about popularity. Your avatar is proof of that.

It's more about that fighters with most followers usually do not have that big talent. Paige van Zant is not the champion but I am pretty sure though of she was the 115 lbs would be more interesting.. Today we have instead a Chinese.

Conor waa am exception

Ufc killed mma.

Are you fucking joking mate?

RIZIN regularly feature guys like Daron Cruickshank who washed out of the UFC years ago.

Scratch that actually. RIZIN have a 300lb woman who fights 50-60yr old FUCKING GRANDMOTHER PRO WRESTLERS.

Don't even attempt to go down the road of UFC freakshows when you're defending the absolute epicentre of the joke freakshow.

Are you fucking joking mate?

RIZIN regularly feature guys like Daron Cruickshank who washed out of the UFC years ago.

Scratch that actually. RIZIN have a 300lb woman who fights 50-60yr old FUCKING GRANDMOTHER PRO WRESTLERS.

Don't even attempt to go down the road of UFC freakshows when you're defending the absolute epicentre of the joke freakshow.
Gabi Garcia fought 1 grandma wrestler almost 4 years ago now you need to update your ammo

Ufc killed mma.

Dunno about that dude, UFC does some off matchmaking from time to time, but they're not putting matches like Fedor Vs Zuluzinho, Cro Cop Vs Nagata or anyone Vs Takada like PRIDE used to.

To be honest in the UFC it's pretty rare for people to fight someone that's miles off their ranking.

Gabi Garcia fought 1 grandma wrestler almost 4 years ago now you need to update your ammo

Looking back at that, it's so ridiculous.... it would have been one thing if she was using that as a stepping stone for the beginning of her career but she was just using that can for a little bit of attention then disappeared from MMA completely.

Dunno about that dude, UFC does some off matchmaking from time to time, but they're not putting matches like Fedor Vs Zuluzinho, Cro Cop Vs Nagata or anyone Vs Takada like PRIDE used to.

To be honest in the UFC it's pretty rare for people to fight someone that's miles off their ranking.
meh... early UFC was full of mismatches too. Even a more 'mature' UFC was still goin´full ´tard...

couture.jpg

coleman shogun.png hend.jpg

Last edited:
Looking back at that, it's so ridiculous.... it would have been one thing if she was using that as a stepping stone for the beginning of her career but she was just using that can for a little bit of attention then disappeared from MMA completely.
Not really. She fought 3 more times after that, twice in Rizin, none of them grannies. It's just hard to find opponents. And there are no champions, contenders or anything at 200+ in WMMA. So there is no career, dude. She will fight when Rizin finds her another opponent, but no matter who they find, it will never be seen as anything more than a freakshow. And there is no future for her anywhere outside of RIZIN.

Back