News Rizin Dying

Trailblazers

22958dae-64e8-11ea-8e9f-2d196083a37c_image_hires_154621.jpg
Dumb and dumber.

I do not think the Covid-19 can take out Nobuyuki Sakakibara. How long did he wait after the demise of PRIDE, he can wait this out too. He can let all the fighters go and just kick back another few years he has the label RIZIN FF so it will be back under that name with big events.

I had some hope when they first started but they never really got anything going I cared about.

Sad. It never reached the heights of Pride (mainly due to the lack of strong foreign talent) but it was a fun promotion and you cant beat the JMMA feel with the ring and the crowds. 20 was the last card I watched, it was one of the most entertaining MMA cards of the year imo.

If it does go under, fingers crossed something new comes to replace it ala Pride > Dream (and Sengoku) > Rizin.

On some good news, Horiguchi said he is coming back soon. Hopefully against winner of Mix/Archuleta for the Bellator BW title.

Was this the last promotion on earth that allowed soccer kicks? Damn, the end of an era

<2>

Maybe the owners of DEEP could take leadership and have an english broadcast now? I never saw anything special with what Rizin was doing. A few freakshows here and there and regional level talent for the rest. DEEP is just the regional level talent but I'm not sure if they have the same rules (which at this point, along with their epic intro, are the only things I cared for in RIZIN).

If only he hadn't wasted 9 millions dollars on that exhibition match a few years ago...

<{CMPALM}>

Well... it was fun while it lasted and gave us a lot of entertainment and some good fighters.

Looking forward to the next one.

How do you waste 7 Million US dollars by not doing these shows and can I have job at Rizin????

I could see missing out on 7 million.

Could see them going under, One and Bellator pick up the remaining fighters.

Like to see Gooch come back to the UFC this time as a BW though, that div is stacked right now.

With Rizin not staging events, bad ratings, just never lived up to the hype, didnt even feel as big as Dream was.

Could see them going under, One and Bellator pick up the remaining fighters.

Like to see Gooch come back to the UFC this time as a BW though, that div is stacked right now.

With Rizin not staging events, bad ratings, just never lived up to the hype, didnt even feel as big as Dream was.

You'd think the UFC would try to pick up the Asakura brothers and Musaev if they have the opportunity. Maybe Ougibuko and Henry too.

actually the UFC already tried to pick up Tofiq but they went cheap and Tofiq re-signed w RIZIN

The translation of Sakakibara tweet is misleading. He is not saying Rizin is dying. Its more of a japanese thing, his tweet is an encouragment and shout out that we need to fight back as a collective in order to survive . Yes, i am japanese.

Back