News Rizin Dying

Trailblazers

22958dae-64e8-11ea-8e9f-2d196083a37c_image_hires_154621.jpg

mixed feelings on this.

rizin was a huge letdown, but they were still japan's best chance of having a top mma org.
This. They put on great fights but with MMA being dead over there for a super long period of time there weren't a done of Japanese grown fighters like PRIDE and DREAM had. The Asakura brothers are honestly a miracle.
Hopefully if they do make it out of this they can snatch up some more Bellator cross overs and or actually high ranked UFC guys who aren't Japanese.

Was it ever really alive tho?

Exactly this. Nothing great came out of it. It was never gonna be able to compete with the UFC.

Floyd invested into RIZEN, so you think he would help financially and help growing the promotion but I guess not.

ONE FC, PFL, UFC, and BELLATOR, are the really big promotions remaining. UFC bigger by a landslide but the others can catch up at least. Honestly I like PFL’S opportunity the best, especially if they but tournaments and regular fight cards too.

BRAVE CF, ACB are growing extremely fast too.

Having the PFL/WSOF and ONE involved in their early years would have legitimized them for being some "Super Bowl of MMA". Instead, we got Bellator mid-carders, older fighters, and Japanese prospects. The 2015 and 2016 GPs were fun. I don't know what happened after that.

I honestly can't recall a single RIZIN fight from early 2017 to the Mayweather event in 2018.

i'm surprised we havent heard of a lot of smaller shows closing up shop. a lot of these smaller orgs are always an event going wrong away from closing up.

I gonna miss the one night tourney. Hopefully PFL will still exist. But I'm gonna miss the pride rules for ever.

Back