News Rizin Dying

This sums up the shitty state mma is in.
Its not about the best vs the best, its about the moron with the highest social media followers vs the losing streak big mouthed shit talker.
Ufc killed mma.

Has MMA or even boxing truly ever been about the most talented fighter????

The biggest MMA events ever in its history put on around the world aren't topped by the best of the best. Its matches like Sapp vs Akebono or Lesnar or Conor fight the US that bring the people to TV set. Always has been and probably always will be. I don't think anything has really changed on that front.

Entertainment is always going to be part of this sport and most popular sports for that matter. Yes, more popular fighters will get better billing and at times jump lines for title shots. It is what it is and if your a promoter/owner of org you'd do the same thing simply because of money and for the betterment of the org itself long term. You won't be business long if your not catering to what a lot of your fans want to see. Look at sports like Baseball or Football, rules and balls are configured to promote scoring that fans want to see. Even stadiums configured for home runs or pitching occurs in baseball.

Not really. She fought 3 more times after that, twice in Rizin, none of them grannies. It's just hard to find opponents. And there are no champions, contenders or anything at 200+ in WMMA. So there is no career, dude. She will fight when Rizin finds her another opponent, but no matter who they find, it will never be seen as anything more than a freakshow. And there is no future for her anywhere outside of RIZIN.

Well I stand corrected. I quoted someone that said she hasn't fought anyone else.

press conference next week

I hope it will be a real heavyweight grand prix otherwise it's not worth watching

Participants below

- Roque Martinez
- Timothy Johnson
- Denis Goltsov
- Satoshi Ishii
- Fernando Rodriguez junior
- Oli Thompson
- Ante Delija
- random Korean heavyweight with 2-5 fights

There you go, make it!!

Rizin was a let down to me. I don't mind the smaller weight classes, but they seemed to make up the bulk of the cards. I also don't mind WMMA, but I'm not interested in a female atom weight grand prix. I was hoping for more freakshows, more HW, and more open wight fights like Pride had. I watched the first few Rizin events, but eventuality lost interest. They definitely weren't worth staying up all night and losing sleep over.

I hope it will be a real heavyweight grand prix otherwise it's not worth watching

Participants below

- Roque Martinez
- Timothy Johnson
- Denis Goltsov
- Satoshi Ishii
- Fernando Rodriguez junior
- Oli Thompson
- Ante Delija
- random Korean heavyweight with 2-5 fights

There you go, make it!!
travel bans bro

Rizin was a let down to me. I don't mind the smaller weight classes, but they seemed to make up the bulk of the cards. I also don't mind WMMA, but I'm not interested in a female atom weight grand prix. I was hoping for more freakshows, more HW, and more open wight fights like Pride had. I watched the first few Rizin events, but eventuality lost interest. They definitely weren't worth staying up all night and losing sleep over.
if anything i would like Rizin to drop the heavier weightclasses and focus only on lightweight and below. there is alot of talent in the lighter weightclasses currently not signed by the ufc who Rizin could sign for their shows ( co-promotion included ).

The only female I want to watch that they stopped booking is Gabi Garcia. Rizin completely botched the match up that everyone thought was coming with Garcia and Jazzy Gabert, instead putting Gabert in with King Reina.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with the scouting of Rizin finding talent for their shows. I understand there are way more MMA companies competing for talent then there used to be during PRIDE's hay day, but wow. The D level fighters they roll out in their shows on a constant basis did not make me want to stay up either to wreck my sleep either. It was the same crap every event. You wonder if some of these fighters fight for free or almost free, which is why they are using them.

if anything i would like Rizin to drop the heavier weightclasses and focus only on lightweight and below. there is alot of talent in the lighter weightclasses currently not signed by the ufc who Rizin could sign for their shows ( co-promotion included ).

If Rizin does that, I would be happy if they just went out of business.

The only female I want to watch that they stopped booking is Gabi Garcia. Rizin completely botched the match up that everyone thought was coming with Garcia and Jazzy Gabert, instead putting Gabert in with King Reina.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with the scouting of Rizin finding talent for their shows. I understand there are way more MMA companies competing for talent then there used to be during PRIDE's hay day, but wow. The D level fighters they roll out in their shows on a constant basis did not make me want to stay up either to wreck my sleep either. It was the same crap every event. You wonder if some of these fighters fight for free or almost free, which is why they are using them.
their talent scouting has been very strong when you consider Mikuru, Kanna, Kai, Musayev, Kape, Jiri, etc were absolute nobodies before they found them. their talent scouting is probably the strongest element of the product which is why even right now they wont struggle to put these 2 cards together on a months notice.

their talent scouting has been very strong when you consider Mikuru, Kanna, Kai, Musayev, Kape, Jiri, etc were absolute nobodies before they found them. their talent scouting is probably the strongest element of the product which is why even right now they wont struggle to put these 2 cards together on a months notice.

Jiri and Kape are both gone and no one cares. I sure as hell don't.

Kai is OK to watch.

The scouting is not PRIDE FC's scouting.

Jiri and Kape are both gone and no one cares. I sure as hell don't.

Kai is OK to watch.

The scouting is not PRIDE FC's scouting.
I'm not sure what your point is. they cant compete with UFC purses so when foreign fighters reach their ceiling they go to the UFC. this has nothing to do with their scouting.

Care to explain? I personally love the lighter weight gp's Rizin offers and they have no serious competition left at the higher weight classes so at this point i see no reason for them to book matches above lightweight.

If Rizin wants to grow now they need to focus on 125 lbs or at some point 170 lbs since that weightclass are also stacked

Finding a new talent from Europe in higher classes will not work today i believe but it can be interesting to watch some heavyweight bouts if they are interesting

They should to find a new sumo wrestler to make his mma debute

They shall also try to make 115 lbs interesting since they actually have some good names from Japan at that weightclass

So you want the garbage freakshows. Got it.

Participants below
- Satoshi Ishii
never understood the Ishii hype, he literally only beats cans or washed up old men

Back