News Rinat Fakhretdinov Signed To The UFC

Rinat 18:1 lost to Aigun Akhmedov 19:1 who lost to Sergey Yakovlev 8:1

On a side note he did vacate a title in another organisation because he didn't want to fight Muslims, but I dunno if he'll continue with that stance on the UFC.
Well good thing hes at MW where there are no muslims.

This guys gonna be a problem for MW. Hopefully a wave of Tatar fighters in the ufc is to follow

Hope he gets a fight lined up ASAP.

For those interested -- he doesn't have American visa and problem is that interview at embassies keeps getting rescheduled.

And if anyone is interested there is another guy of partially Tatar descent in UFC -- Makhmud Muradov (he said that his mom is Tatar).

Is this actually a thing? Do Muslim Russians really not fight one another? Is there a possibility of a Muslim Russian having to fight someone in the same division in the UFC? Like is everyone in on this? Or can you think of a pair that would actually fight one another for a belt? Like if Magomed Magomedov and Umar were in the same division would they fight for a belt? Even if they don’t hang out or associate?
Of course he will, I've never seen two Muslim Russians fight in the UFC despite there being tons of them and several in the same division on occasion. It's why I never saw the point with Islam being hyped up while Khabib was champion.

Rinat looks a very decent addition to the middleweight division though, looking forward to it.
Fiziev vs Mustafaev is the only one I can remember.

PS: LOL at answering like 9 months later.

For those interested -- he doesn't have American visa and problem is that interview at embassies keeps getting rescheduled.

And if anyone is interested there is another guy of partially Tatar descent in UFC -- Makhmud Muradov (he said that his mom is Tatar).

I wondered where the fuck this guy was the other day.

He'll go 1-2 then cut.

Andrew Sanchez did it better BTW.
It's possible, but UFC signs even guys who are 5-3 and this guy is 18-1. So at least he got in here with a decent record unlike many other guys and it's not like he's gonna fight top five guys in his first 3 fights. I think he will do quite well..

Back