Most hours you've worked in a week?

Nowadays they have department of homeland security checkpoints in and out. Never seen booze or hookers but I've seen coca. Working like that turns you into a wildman, when your time off comes and you have cash plus two weeks of freedom things get interesting.

This is very true.

I've pulled 76 hours straight in Iraq. We pulled 6 day shifts where the only real time off is when you are sleeping from 10-5, which you still had to pull at least an 2 hours of watch on the gun at night. Have also done 12 on 4 off for an entire month. Have done 3 on 3 off for a few days straight a few times pulling security for snipers.(forgot to mention, those 3 off was you sleeping or eating behind the guy who was on the gun, shitting was abit awkward)

As a civilian my worst week was about 80 hours, and would pull 50-60 pretty often.

Last edited:
I got an offer to go there. Time off was 2 weeks because I live in the US. The US would still tax me, and I don't like overseas flight. If you're in your early twenties try it once. That 1 week off is the best week ever.

i'm 19, i have been really considering it, the money is really really good, around 2.2 th thousand a week, and considering i don't really go to bars or spend much money on anything but food which is free there it would do wonders for my future, my only problem is the amount of work and my lower back problems :(

Did 3 weeks of 80, 80 and 84 in a row last year, was pretty epic to say the least.

I'm going to Ireland for New Year and have to do an 8-day block when I get back, 12 hour shifts for 96-hour week. that's going to be shit.

88..... 12's Sunday-Friday and a 16 hour day on Saturday. Worst week ever.

And I worked from the Monday after the Super Bowl straight through the end of June without a day off.... Bet + deal to get the SB off = 5 months of Hell.

90hrs in a mailroom warehouse....routinely did 60-65hrs a week though .... money was ok but being on your feet all day was exhausting to say the least..didn't leave much time or energy for much else.

Like 80. but these days I pull like 20 and get paid a pretty penny.

Most hours? Would be over 100.

Had some weeks where I literally did nothing but work and sleep. This was during the early stages of my print business.

Office was run out of the front room of a house unit. So literally slept at the office and worked.

60 hours would be the max for me. You guys are insane.

I got an offer to go there. Time off was 2 weeks because I live in the US. The US would still tax me, and I don't like overseas flight. If you're in your early twenties try it once. That 1 week off is the best week ever.

Where can I find these listings for overseas? Is an engineering degree with no oil/gas exp ok?

When I worked as a tour guide in Europe I did 21 day tours. They were lots of fun in some ways but you were never really off duty. So they were usually 18 hour days. I got paid about 2$ an hour. When I got home to London I would spend 2 days in bed.

80, it wasn't too bad but customers can be pretty mean. Didn't work by choice either, they didn't have anyone else to cover and at the time I had a completely clear schedule

Where can I find these listings for overseas? Is an engineering degree with no oil/gas exp ok?

I work in Non Destructive Testing(NDT). Its poppycock in comparison to engineering. I only had to do a semister of school in the field before a company contacted me. I put in with an international co called Acuren for a Virgin Islands inspection job and they steered me to some Aussie nuts. An engineering guy should probably work directly for the corp drilling the oil. You probably know the big ones.

I believe close to 70. When I worked for the cable company.

I work in Non Destructive Testing(NDT). Its poppycock in comparison to engineering. I only had to do a semister of school in the field before a company contacted me. I put in with an international co called Acuren for a Virgin Islands inspection job and they steered me to some Aussie nuts. An engineering guy should probably work directly for the corp drilling the oil. You probably know the big ones.

Non destructive pshhhh

Back