Most hours you've worked in a week?

40's

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Im in the middle of a 70 hour work week, and I gotta say its starting to kick my ass

What cha got?

It used to be 80.5. Now 30 at most. I eat a lot of spaghetti.

I have a friend who worked 80-120 hours regularly in investment banking. I always thought that was inhumane.

i worked one week doing sales where we had to work 6 days 12 hours each day with nothgin but commission to show for it. Funny thing is that they were braggin about how much they made becasue they were pulling between 800 - 1300 a week and made fun of some guy who left to take a 15$ and hour job and i thought, somebody needs to get these people a calculator.

I've worked over 80 before, but not very often.

81 with one 9 hour day, as intern. Now I'm full time I suspect it will be 90 hours for the month of march.

Worked 12 hours a day 7days a week plenty many years back, that

60 in 5 days is the most for me. I work with one dude that does 80 including weekends all year. I don't know how he stays married.

I have a friend who worked 80-120 hours regularly in investment banking. I always thought that was inhumane.

Workers on remote oil rigs usually do 80.5/week for two weeks then get sent home for two weeks. Work is intolerable and you won't see a female, the food is endless and free.

Around 70 or so, wasn't too terrible.

Usually during the last week of August and the first 2 weeks of September I end up working 7 days a week and between 12-14 hours a day.

One week I had a stretch that went like this

Sun - 8 hours
Mon 12 hours
Tues - 16 hours
Wed - 18 hours
Thurs - 20 hours

Hell week in boot camp was 4am to 8pm in the galley (cafeteria). That didn't include having to march 30 minutes from the barracks to the galley in the morning and at night.

Also most of the time underway, it was 16 hour days for weeks/months on end.

I hardly ever work more than 40 nowadays that I'm a civilian.

Workers on remote oil rigs usually do 80.5/week for two weeks then get sent home for two weeks. Work is intolerable and you won't see a female, the food is endless and free.

hence, booze, drugs, and hookers shipped in (or so i've heard).

think i worked 80+ hours one week, double overtime was ridiculous in the taxes took out more than it was worth

92 hours a week. 7 days. Owning a new business can wear you the fuck out.

I work 60-70 plus everyweek and have done 14-16 hour days everyday when a deadline is approaching (which exceeds 100 hours in a week) and that happens maybe 3-4 times a year for a duration of 1-3 weeks

It's nothing to be proud of though -i can't do this forever but my business is performing well enough now that I don't want to turn down work and have the ability to become personally debt free in 2013 and will finally beat over 20 years of indentured servitude to the banks.

I've been digging myself out of a hole for quite sometime.

Only a few hours away from finishing up a 72 hour week. I've had longer but not by much. I'm used to this type of schedule tho.

How much do those guys make?

Depends, but one can expect $25-35/hr even at entry level. At the end on the week you have 40hrs reg-40.5hrs OT. Paychecks are shocking. You can elect to do longer hitches than 2 weeks as well. I did a 6 week one winter and wanted to die by the 4th.

Last edited:
hence, booze, drugs, and hookers shipped in (or so i've heard).

Nowadays they have department of homeland security checkpoints in and out. Never seen booze or hookers but I've seen coca. Working like that turns you into a wildman, when your time off comes and you have cash plus two weeks of freedom things get interesting.

Back