Max by decision

OldFashion

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The Facts are:

1, Topuria had 5 rounds to ko 40 year old Josh Emmett, whose chin had already been cracked years ago by Stephens, and couldn't manage to do so
2. He ko'd a 35 year old Volk who got brutally ko'd 3 months before at a higher weight class and then cut back down way too early with a depleted chin.
3. Both Gaethje and Porier have more power than Topuria. They couldn't KO Max.
4. Max has the height and reach advantage over him and the more proven gas tank.

People are way too confident that Topuria will just ko Max lol. They already talk about him like he's this proven world beater. Before he beat "No Country For Old Chin" Volk his best win was a 5 round decision over an old Josh Emmett.
If he doesn't manage to ko Max early, Max will take over and drown Topuria turning him into a crotch sniffer. Thankfully Max has excellent takedown defense and will get the dicision win.

The best is blessed

<WhatItIs>

Topuria will beat Max by decision. I love Max but it’s a very similar matchup to Volk.

I hope so.
War Max.
I do like Topuria as well, I don't get the hate.
It's good he isn't bland champion.
I like his confidence.
I can see him being a bit annoying but I personally don't mind.

You can't take rounds off against Max and you can't blow your wad early in the fight either. But Emmett is a legit KO threat in his own right. That demands a different kind of respect than what Max does. Hell of a performance against Gathje, but that fight inarguably looks way different if Justin's nose wasn't broken for 4+ rounds of it. Talking about Emmett and Volk getting old and their chins getting cracked as if Max won't fit that exact same description if/when Ilia takes his soul. A lot of hypocrisy and poor reasoning in your argument. Not to mention the Georgian wrestling...Poirier doesn't have it and Gaethje refuses to use it. No disrespect to any of them. All these guys are legends, but Ilia is a problem. Love him or hate him, he's here and he's retiring your most beloved fighters.

Last edited:
You can't take rounds off against Max and you can't blow your wad early in the fight either. But Emmett is a legit KO in his own right. That demands a different kind of respect than what Max does. Hell of a performance against Gathje, but that fight inarguably looks way different if Justin's nose wasn't broken for 4+ rounds of it. Talking about Emmett and Volk getting old and their chins getting cracked as if Max won't fit that exact same description if/when Ilia takes his soul. A lot of hypocrisy and poor reasoning in your argument. Not to mention the Georgian wrestling...Poirier doesn't have it and Gaethje refuses to use it. No disrespect to any of them. All these guys are legends, but Ilia is a problem. Love him or hate him, he's here and he's retiring your most beloved fighters.

"Georgian wrestling" lol. He was born in germany and did a couple of years of Greco Roman (Which is the worst type of wrestling base for modern mma) wrestling at a local school level in Georgia then relocated to spain. He didn't go through the grinder like other top georgian wrestlers

The Facts are:

1, Topuria had 5 rounds to ko 40 year old Josh Emmett, whose chin had already been cracked years ago by Stephens, and couldn't manage to do so
2. He ko'd a 35 year old Volk who got brutally ko'd 3 months before at a higher weight class and then cut back down way too early with a depleted chin.
3. Both Gaethje and Porier have more power than Topuria. They couldn't KO Max.
4. Max has the height and reach advantage over him and the more proven gas tank.
1. That fight could have been stopped atleast twice.
2. Volk would have been KO'd all the same
3. Gaethje never really got going against Max, Max shut him down early.
4. Their reach is listed the same, 69 inches.

Im affraid for Max
I think he velives that his ability to absorb a lot of punches will be his advantage but that will give space for Topuria to ko him
If not that , probly he gets taken down multiple time until hes done or waits for an end to lose via decesion

1. That fight could have been stopped atleast twice.
2. Volk would have been KO'd all the same
3. Gaethje never really got going against Max, Max shut him down early.
4. Their reach is listed the same, 69 inches

1. it didn't though
2. Pure speculation
3. Gaethje still landed punches on Max
4. Yes it is but Max is taller. Taller + same wingspan means he has the longer reach effectively

It wasn't that he KOed Volk, it was how he KOed Volk. That was a vicious, super quick, shot that would have taken out anyone. Max is going to get KOed, this guy is a different breed.

"Georgian wrestling" lol. He was born in germany and did a couple of years of Greco Roman (Which is the worst type of wrestling base for modern mma) wrestling at a local school level in Georgia then relocated to spain. He didn't go through the grinder like other top georgian wrestlers
Playing Devils advocate, Topuria's mma wrestling/grappling is still very high level and tailored for mma.

It wasn't that he KOed Volk, it was how he KOed Volk. That was a vicious, super quick, shot that would have taken out anyone. Max is going to get KOed, this guy is a different breed.

4011299.png

Both have a 69” inch reach apparently

at least according to wiki

Again. Max is taller. Same wing span + more height means longer reach effectively. It's why they really should change it to wingspan because that's what they are really measuring instead of reach

Hope Max surprises us once again. Nothing against Ilia, I like him.

Again. Max is taller. Same wing span + more height means longer reach effectively. It's why they really should change it to wingspan because that's what they are really measuring instead of reach

Not trying to nit pick you man but stats are stats

Back