News Joshua vs Ngannou Official March 8th Saudi Arabia

Solid card?

• Total voters
I’ll say this.. MUCH credit to Ngannou.

Sure, he was way out of his depth here. But, he risked coming to one of the toughest sports from a sport where you can spend alot of time keeping yourself safe from much painful damage simply by wrestling around on the ground.

No one is going to bash the bravery it takes to wrestle around in mma. Sure, most will point and giggle a bit at it. Many will decry it for not being all that much noble and masculine. But the fact remains: it’s a viable sport, there’s definitely a learning curve, and numerous soccer moms have shed quite a few unsightly pounds by doing mma.

That’s why it’s all that more impressive that one of these mma kids risked coming to boxing where he could really get hurt in a way that only rarely occurs in mma.
Very true, my friend. Ngannou deserves a big round of applause and his fans appreciation right now. He might as well have arrived at a gun fight unarmed, hands tied and blindfolded for all the good mma wrestling would do him in a real fight, damn near got him killed in a boxing ring, Jesus will people give the man a break?

I think this says more about AJ than anything. He's kinda been that 'what could have been' for a while because people though the wasnt mentally strong, and he is in fact a bit chinny in the sense that when he does get rocked he doesnt respond well after recovering. Even agaisnt Ruiz the second time he fought mad safe to get the win. Obviously he knocked out a guy skill wise that is levels below him, but he just seem in a very very very good place mentally.

KOs like this are pretty crazy.

Francis does seem FAIRLY alert, but Joshua comes over and throws a giant haymaker that looks like a sucker punch because Francis doesn't seem to even react.

Maybe the ref should try to slap them lightly in the face and see if they react or something. Francis was clearly more hurt than he let on. Decent poker face got him KTFO.

KOs like this are pretty crazy.

Francis does seem FAIRLY alert, but Joshua comes over and throws a giant haymaker that looks like a sucker punch because Francis doesn't seem to even react.

Maybe the ref should try to slap them lightly in the face and see if they react or something. Francis was clearly more hurt than he let on. Decent poker face got him KTFO.

I don't think slapping a heavyweight who may or may not be in full control of his senses and actions is a good idea. What if they reflex hit out?

Some refs make them do a little side to side walk to prove they actually have some legs under them. Fans howl about it occasionally as it chews up 5 seconds or so but it probably would have saved Francis from that hit.

Ref in the Fury wilder bouts used that on both fighters iirc.

I don't think slapping a heavyweight who may or may not be in full control of his senses and actions is a good idea. What if they reflex hit out?

Some refs make them do a little side to side walk to prove they actually have some legs under them. Fans howl about it occasionally as it chews up 5 seconds or so but it probably would have saved Francis from that hit.

Ref in the Fury wilder bouts used that on both fighters iirc.
Yeah, I am joking on that, I do not actually want the refs to assault concussed fighters.

I think the side step, checking that the fighters can hold his gloves up- maybe with a tug to check if they feel like they are limp wristed, and a QUICK assessment of are their eyes clear, can they answer a basic question.

It is always going to be a tough call as it is a judgement call and subjective and fans are always gonna find shit to cry about.

Back