WIll Ngannou vs Joshua, lose money? Is it a good business decision?

Do the fans care enough to pay for Ngannou vs Joshua that it doesn't flop?

• Yes; the fans will pay to watch, it will be a huge PPV success

• No; they won't get enough people to tune in to cover their massive salaries

Results are only viewable after voting.
Boxing is very niche in France and I literally heard people commenting on Fury vs Ngannou in the street the day after it happened. AJ vs Ngannou will do fine given AJ's appeal in the UK and the interest raised by Ngannou after he put Fury on his arse.

Fury was the A side (not as big of a PPV star) but he couldn’t carry Ngannou to even 100k buys worldwide in PPV.

I think this will be Joshua’s worst PPV by far.

I have no idea how it will do numbers wise but it will definitely sell far more then the fury/ngannou fight.
Ngannou has a lot more respect now than pre fury based on his performance. I think he’ll bring far more buys this time round. And fury has literally been deserted by his fan base this 12-18 months based on his antics. Both Joshua and fury are polarising figures back home but Joshua does still have a large fan base. The same can’t be said for fury anymore

I have no idea how it will do numbers wise but it will definitely sell far more then the fury/ngannou fight.
Ngannou has a lot more respect now than pre fury based on his performance. I think he’ll bring far more buys this time round. And fury has literally been deserted by his fan base this 12-18 months based on his antics. Both Joshua and fury are polarising figures back home but Joshua does still have a large fan base. The same can’t be said for fury anymore

We also simply don't know how many UK PPV buys Fury vs Ngannou did.

Which shows how effective U Fight Cheap's propaganda campaign has been that we ignore that, considering that was the foreign market it was mainly aimed at, just like this one, at and not an afternoon US audience.

Warren said it met expectations - I think we can all agree that means that it didn't. However, we can't also read into that as a complete bomb. Ariel Helwani claims it wasn't, for what it is worth (which isn't much).

This is not business is a spectacle done by the Saudis…. They have so much money that they don’t care about PPV sales or nothing … they cannot be seen as a regular promoter, they are not … simple as that

Fury was the A side (not as big of a PPV star) but he couldn’t carry Ngannou to even 100k buys worldwide in PPV.

Stop lying shill. They did less than 100K in the US. The PPV did more than 200K on DAZN alone and that doesn't even cover the UK. That's with virtually no hype as everyone thought this was a squash match. They were all looking forward to the fight with Usyk.

Now that Ngannou did so well vs Fury and AJ looked impressive vs Wallin there's tons of buzz around this fight. The PPVs will be significantly better in Europe and the UK. As others have said, at least 1.5 million – 2 million. They'll still be low in the US as it is on a Friday afternoon there but that doesn't matter. The Saudis goal is not PPV numbers. Their goal is the buzz. The number of mentions of the fight and Saudi Arabia. It's PR.

Lol, they aren’t paying Francis market value.

No other promoter would pay Francis 20 million. They are paying 20 million because they don’t care, not because Francis is worth anything near that.

Anyways we’ll see whether or not AJ can carry Ngannou.
They are paying him what it takes to make this fight. A fight that is creating the buzz they want. That's their metric, not PPV buys.

Last edited:
Stop lying shill. They did less than 100K in the US. The PPV did more than 200K on DAZN alone and that doesn't even cover the UK. That's with virtually no hype as everyone thought this was a squash match. They were all looking forward to the fight with Usyk.

Now that Ngannou did so well vs Fury and AJ looked impressive vs Wallin there's tons of buzz around this fight. The PPVs will be significantly better in Europe and the UK. As others have said, at least 1.5 million – 2 million. They'll still be low in the US as it is on a Friday afternoon there but that doesn't matter. The Saudis goal is not PPV numbers. Their goal is the buzz. The number of mentions of the fight and Saudi Arabia. It's PR.

They are paying him what it takes to make this fight. A fight that is creating the buzz they want. That's their metric, not PPV buys.

how about you stop lying, DAZN isn't even pay-per-view. It's subscription based.

There is not a ton of buzz, no one has heard of Ngannou vs. AJ that aren't already MMA/boxing fans.

how about you stop lying, DAZN isn't even pay-per-view. It's subscription based.

There is not a ton of buzz, no one has heard of Ngannou vs. AJ that aren't already MMA/boxing fans.
You are a true retard. Is ESPN + subscriber based? Do they have PPVs on there? Are there no standards for the UFC PR department?

To say that Fury isn't as big of a PPV star as Joshua is a serious understatement.

More than 100,000 people paid to see it, and many more saw it on subscription/networks.

Joshua literally has a 100% rate of going over 500,000 which is what you said they need to do to make a profit. If you really are betting against this then I hope to god you're not an analyst in real life.

It will do well. Even though the fight is Friday March 8. The Saudi Grand Prix is on the weekend.

The Saudis could have done a better job at making it on a weekend. They want to close Riyad season with a banger. So for that reason it will do well.

It's a big fight. Anthony Joshua is a better version of Jon Jones. So very excited for this fight.

Anthony Joshua be like:
tenor.gif

Jokes aside, Ngannou will go for the victory. Joshua has been fighting scrubs. Meanwhile, Ngannou has been taking on the top guys in the division for some time now.

3NpIn.gif

Last edited:
Back